Clicky

Lanny Ansar

Ordo RL weapons thread

And it feels great. Also not really much heavier than it was before. More comfortable and easier to operate than before.

Eotech, ARMS flip sights, tac light mount, Blackhawk tac light 1' Blackhawk ambi sling adapter, Blackhawk single point sling, Magpul STR stock, Magpul AFG2 fore grip, Magpul composit winter trigger guard, Magpul MOE+ pistol grip and VLTOR BCM Gunfighter MOD4 charging handle.

Lanny your dad seems to scream " 'MURICA". Also, is that M2 on an M63 mount? It looks like it but I can't tell.

And since I don't think I have told too many people about this, my AR-15 build now has a heart:

YMBCGInAR_zpsd4d9c76d.jpg

In this time of political bullshit Youngs has gone above andf beyond. They don't normally sell directly to consumers but they have offered to do sales if you contact them directly. I was originally planning on getting just a plain phosephate M16 cut bolt carrier group, but availability turned to shit, prices skyrocketed, and this was available. It was more than I had planned to spend, but was on-par with the inflated prices of the most basic phosephate M16 cut ones. Young's is known for the National Match carriers and their exceptional fit and finish. The one I got my hands on is a chrome plated AR-15 cut BCG. It is the only part on my entire AR that is not matte black. Even the gas tube is a darkened black finish.

Oh well. I have a fully functional AR-15 build which is what matters.

Now I just need some sights. I am planning on getting a set of MBUS simply because I want to use ironsights before getting an optic.

Once I get those, or maybe even before then, I need to get some ammo and get to the range to do the initial break-in procedure suggested by the barrel manufacturer.

Lanny your dad seems to scream " 'MURICA". Also, is that M2 on an M63 mount? It looks like it but I can't tell.

And since I don't think I have told too many people about this, my AR-15 build now has a heart:

YMBCGInAR_zpsd4d9c76d.jpg

In this time of political bullshit Youngs has gone above andf beyond. They don't normally sell directly to consumers but they have offered to do sales if you contact them directly. I was originally planning on getting just a plain phosephate M16 cut bolt carrier group, but availability turned to shit, prices skyrocketed, and this was available. It was more than I had planned to spend, but was on-par with the inflated prices of the most basic phosephate M16 cut ones. Young's is known for the National Match carriers and their exceptional fit and finish. The one I got my hands on is a chrome plated AR-15 cut BCG. It is the only part on my entire AR that is not matte black. Even the gas tube is a darkened black finish.

Oh well. I have a fully functional AR-15 build which is what matters.

Now I just need some sights. I am planning on getting a set of MBUS simply because I want to use ironsights before getting an optic.

Once I get those, or maybe even before then, I need to get some ammo and get to the range to do the initial break-in procedure suggested by the barrel manufacturer.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

And, ironically enough, my father actually left the US a few months back because he couldn't stand the political hooplah that was going on. He now lives in the Czech Republic and gets his rocks off slamming the US over Facebook. He was merely an anarchist-type and was stocking up for some sorta Martial Law / hostile political takeover of the country that may or may not happen ever.

At least according to him.

Dunno about the mount itself, but the NV Scope on it is a PVS-2.

One of my guns, most recent one I bought actually. I don't know if I actually posted any here yet. I have a few more. Mini14, Beretta Semi Auto 12GA, Savage Anschutz Bolt Action .22 (tactical black with banana mag ooh yeah) are my others.

<3 my Bushmaster

P5080002.jpg

Shiz, if you ever want to do an MWS build on that rifle, get one of these. It's what is installed on the M4 I and my comrades used. Very solid kit, and it's drop in.
http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=2

For the rear sight, we had these, also very solid, and I really liked the layout for elevation and windage. It was designed specifically for the M4 MWS.

http://www.botachtactical.com/maba60si.html

That is, if you ever wanted to do that.

I haven't really done much to it yet. I want to eventually get rails for it and a new stock. Already replaced the grip with something a little nicer more comfortable and allows me to have inserts to store a few bullets or an extra firing pin.

Shizzerk, I didn't know you had such fun things. I am quite curious about that Savage Anschutz as those are supposed to be not only beautiful but some amazingly built rifles.

As for your AR. For grips, as cliche as it sounds, the Magpul MOE pistol grip is very comfortable. Nevermind you said you already replaced the grip.

For the stock, I honestly prefer solid stocks over the collapsible ones. However they use a different receiver extension / buffer tube. It is best to find one that suits you and is comfortable. The collapsible is best for adjusting length of pull more than anything else: the change in OAL is about 3-4". Nothing major but maybe enough to fit in a smaller case.

For handguards: It looks like you have standard carbine 7" handguard furniture on a 16" barrel, which means you have pretty much the widest selection of options. From the picture, the two knobs on the base of your carry handle assembly suggests you have a flat-top railed upper with a removeable carry handle, which will allow for some systems to create a "monolithic" rail.

For rails, while the KAC system is amazing quality, it is also amazingly expensive. If you want full quad rails, I might suggest the MI GEN-2 Drop-In Two-Piece. They are a direct install in the same manner as the standard conical handguards are, but are milled 6061 with a bridge that will link to your receiver for a continuous rail. The MSRP is $125 for the size it would appear you need. If you don't want handguard length rails on all four sides (which increases weight and aren't the most comfortable to grab at times) then the same company makes their MI SS-Series Drop-In Two Piece. This has a continuous top rail but modular side and bottom rails so you can mount only how much you need and only where you need them. It is similar to what I have on mine but it is not free floating and is two pieces. It comes with three rail sections and has an MSRP of $145.

Lastly, if you want a free-floating system there is the MI GEN-2 Free Float Two-Piece. They look like the first one, but attach only to the receiver and do not touch the barrel like standard ones do. However, to mount it you will have to cut off your Delta Ring (the little tapered plastic part that your handguard fits into). This makes installation not easily reversible back to standard drop-in handguards, as to do so you would have to install a new delta ring, which would require removal of your front sight base, which is probably pinned in place. There are benefits to free floating, but you might not need them. The free float two-piece unit costs $150.

If you want even more options, or want to have a handguard longer than your current one, you would have to cut down or replace your front sight post. That would then leave you needing to get a front ironsight or an optic to continue use of your rifle and with the options avialable to you currently, I don't much see the need.

Rear Sights: I think the carry handle is just fine unless you want to mount an optic. Then you'd need a rear BUIS. The key for choosing one would be the fact that you are still using the front sight post. If you pick a good quality brand, you will be fine.

How do you like the SR1911 Hunter?

Also which FN pistol is that, it is hard to make out in the picture.

I love it. As smooth as a Sig if not smoother and just as accurate. The barrel and bushing are of the same bare stock and are made together so it fits perfectly. Not being an 80 series is a huge plus. over 200 rounds in it so fare no malfunctions. mine is a little lose but I like it that way.

Its a FNS .40 that I did the color fill in. its not that great it has some design problems. If you push the trigger forward then try to operate the slide it will not move. You have to rack the slide harder or pull the trigger back then operate the slide. It shaves the sides of the shell off leaving a lot of brass shavings inside and on the rails.

post-13-0-92021700-1377388241_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hunter Abrams

these are all nice i personally only have a SOG Fasthawk (wellused) and several throwing knives ive picked up from camping, and a good ol' fashion Mosin Nagant. i like shooting some of my dads guns a winchester 3030 a black pouder muzzle loader rifle, and his .22 magnum rifle. ill try to get some pics up later. and gamma you got some nice set ups there.

That's actually hilarious.  I was coming into this thread to post my Nerf Gun... my Longstrike, actually... like the one posted.  Someone else even suggested painting it.  Which is interesting...

I made this for Halloween last year (2012).

Plasma Rifle from Fallout 3.

PlasmaRifleFinished.jpg