Clicky

Lanny Ansar

Ordo RL weapons thread

Dunno if there was ever a thread for this, but i kinda brought up a thought in my head. Since we are a part of the SL Military community, and we tend to have at least some BASIC weapons knowledge, i was wondering if any of us actually owned or possessed a firearm at one point in our lives. SO I MADE A THREAD TO SEE IF WE COULD SHOW OFF SOME COOL SHIT WE HAVE HAD. OH YEAH.

Anyhow..

This is my baby girl that i inherited. Mossberg 500 Cruiser model. (Folding stock was bought seperately.) She sits in the corner of my closet by my bed every night. I also only use Slugs because i can't go out and buy Buckshot right now, and slugs do really well against Car doors and Locks.

0415091237.jpg

A Polish WZ-88 Tantal sporter, semi-automatic. Assembled by Century Arms. 5.45x39mm. Bakelite forward furniture, and an East-German style folding wire stock. Came with two polymer magazines, four East German bakelite mags (or at least four bakelite mags with little stickers on them that said "East Germany"), and a cheapy clamp-on bipod.

It also came with Century's standard AK instruction manual, which was little more than a folded piece of paper that included a section on how to clear jams. I found that amusing.

5.45mm AKs have some distinct advantages over their older 7.62mm cousins. At this point in time, 5.45mm is much less expensive than 7.62x39, and bulk quantities are easily available. Thanks to the lighter round and that long muzzle brake (which makes for a considerable difference in handling), recoil is much less pronounced, which allows for more accurate rapid shooting.

I love this gun but ironically, the only reason I got it was because I'd intended to purchase a FAL for the same price, but found that the one I wanted had already been sold earlier that day and I didn't want to walk back out of that gun store with $500 still in my pocket.

Phone sucks, leave me alone.

4ddd5fcbed24__1293609612000.jpeg

Ruger 10-22, swapped the wood for synthetic. Some forward pistol grip on it, scope was a buddy's and was zeroing it for him.

Smith & Wesson Model 686 .357 magnum, nickel plated.

Glock 22.

Hatchet, machete, combat knife. .50 ammo makes good display pieces.

Edited by Zacharias Bardasch

Zrazor, where re the pictures of the Mossberg, Marlin, .32 (or was it a .38) , Llama, the shiny idiot gun, and, best of all, that lovely Ruger Mk.1 <3

I'd take pictures of those but they're locked up in the gun cabinet, and I haven't been allowed to have the keys since my last attempted homicide. :innocent:

Also the revolver was a .32 Smith and Wesson, and the cheap hood gun was a Lorcin Model L9mm, which my dad originally received for free.

Since we're throwing bladed things into the mix, I've got a replica Fairbairn-Sykes commando knife, a Ka-Bar with a drop point (discontinued model now, apparently), and a Paul Chen daisho (matching katana and wakizashi set). I've got a coupke of other assorted knives and fantasy nick-nacks laying around too, but those aren't good for much.

During my teenage years, I put together kind of an obscenely large collection of cheap, crappy stainless steel junk swords and knives that I ended up selling last year for a grand total of $70 or something. I did so out of a dire need for cigarette/beer money.

While rooting around my house looking for my missing iPod, I came across this old thing:

0107011942.jpg

I made this entirely by hand a few years ago, back when I used to participate in this ridiculous but incredibly fun nonsense.

It's made of 1/4 inch thick saddle-grade leather stained black with shoepolish and held together with copper rivets. Riveting it was by far the most arduous, bitchy part of the process.

Actually finding this kind of makes me want to start making armor again. :awesome: