Corsi Mousehold

Ordo Meeting 12MAR11

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Corsi Mousehold | E-8; Praepositus | Antesignani

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 12MAR11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Main weekly meeting.

SUMMARY:

Lots of stuff going on. Keep reading

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

Imperator's Report

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 314 (Inactive purge as of 09MAR11)

Cadets: 20

Applications

New: 11

Accepted: 2

Denied: 8

Review: 1

Combat

Defensive: (System modified for accuracy . . so data prior to 10MAR11 lost – but since then, 52 attacks!)

Offensive: 15

Allied Assist: 0

Diplomatic Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic report this week:

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Generally low volume of external interaction. Some odd calm after the dissolution of the IS; work is underway from our side to create stronger bonds with other organizations. Thus far, we have seen huge successes. Currently, in the design and implementation stages of establishing the RCU colony with former SK.

Abroad, the Merczateers managed to get themselves blockaded by 2142.

Divisional Reports

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Wolfstein.

Terra

[18:02] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Burrwolf for Antesignani: Quiet week for Antesig: Continuing to work with the XCR and the issues with the MASS version. We will be ramping up training with the new Tyrant, in a manner reflecting Mechanized Infantry. We have a new XO in training wheels! Please welcome BurrWolf Qin as A-2’s new XO! (Gods help us all) we currently have 3 slots open so if you’re interested please IM the Original Fennec (Teron) or the Black Sergal.

[18:02] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Afevis for Insidiae: This week was a slower week for the squad, mostly I blame people's hangovers and stuff from Marti Gras. Looking at getting back on the charts this following week however, we already have a couple of events planned! :]

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Kastrenzo for Invictus: More active week for Invictus this time around, we had two smaller scale late night squad raids, although no proper training exercises were held, this was remedied by the two Invictus deployments. The MCR models are complete and final scripting is pending. On a bit of another note, I and the rest of Invictus would like to congratulate Kiwi and his family as he has recently become an Uncle, so in the meantime I have taken up some of his responsibilities so he may tend a bit to that. I would also like to inform everyone that Invictus currently has four (4) openings and we are actively recruiting! So If you are interested please don't hold your tongue, we may come to you, but it helps your chances all the better if you come to us first. If you'd like to seek membership contact Kastrenzo Benelli or Eriksson Foxtrot.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Thatguy for Cohors B: More activity this week as new cadets come in as well as old members appear out of the dark void known as "Inactivity". The Cohors B XO spot is open, though I won't be too quick as to filling it. Other than that, more PRF's here and everything in order. Hope to see activity continue to rise as this next week comes up.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: This concludes the various reports from Terra.

Astra

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you! Next?

[18:04] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:04] Ethan Schuman: Thank you. Things are going well with Astra this week. It's great to be back in command of such quality people. A couple of our pilots squared off against 2142 pilots in a scheduled event, and all participants greatly enjoyed themselves. Expect more of these instances in the future, and perhaps some unscheduled ones as well. Our ties with 2142's air force have been weak for some time now, but I assure you this will change in a positive manner. Joint activity helps both of our groups, and this will be pursued. Astra as a whole have not had many organized official activities due to other commitments and Praetorian trials, but many of our members have been going on raids and participating in other Ordo combat actions. We'll be shaking up the nest this week, with a high emphasis on Astra specific activities. Our acting tactical squadron commanders will be responsible for assuring increased combat, and Rei likes to dress up as a french maid with a bull whip, so flight leaders beware.

[18:05] Ethan Schuman: I want to talk about training for a bit. As you all are aware, I appointed Zerowinged Vasiliev to head up Palaestra, and he chose Sebris as his XO. Zerowinged is away at some wedding thing and will be gone until... Monday, I think? Until he returns, I've ordered Sebris to get as many people through their basic flight training as possible. When Zerowinged gets back and has everything in order, Palaestra will begin its expanded responsibility of ensuring quality training for all of Astra. I know he has a few ideas in mind, but his instruction style has always included lots of both hands on training and creativity, so training will actually be fun for a change. Another aspect of training we will be implementing at some point (at Aryte's approval) is the development of an advanced plane rezzer that Palaestra instructors can unlock, allowing non-Astra to fly during our training events, thus giving us more people to fight as well as flight styles different from our own. I'm really looking forward to this aspect.

[18:05] Ethan Schuman: The last thing I want to talk about is Reserves and Activities. I've had a couple people approach me about it, so I want to elaborate upon R&A's purpose. R&A is tasked with two things: 1) Managing the reserves roster and making active attempts to get members who have lost touch with Ordo to come back and hang out with us, and 2) Coming up with methods to keep the interest and morale of existing members high. This responsiblity may seem simple, but in actuality is very important. I'm still looking for people to organize this, so come give me or Nikki your ideas! We'd love to hear them.

[18:05] Ethan Schuman: ...I just realized I didn't shout any of that. Did everyone hear?

[18:06] Ethan Schuman shouts: Okay. Good. DERP.

[18:06] Tatyana Kiznetsova (kaska.czarny) heard.

[18:06] Drasamax Python: nope

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Schuman.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Additional reports this evening?

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Final call.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Moving on:

Keynote Topics

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: > ART System: Complete

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: After a long haul of development, the fundamental skeleton and material outline for the Achievement Rating Tiers system is complete. Overall, when time allows, I definitely want to essentially re-write the materials themselves—a portion of it is referenced material, adapted for SL use. Although “good” reference material, it is far preferable to se an entirely original write up. Perhaps that is more so my OCD then anything else, but . . . well, you know how it goes.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: For those who do not recall: the ART system will primarily be a hands-on program: it will focus on honing combat skills, teamwork, and the use of fire teams.

All that is left now is to implement and start troubleshooting the program.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Although I am certain that I will regret making this commitment a few weeks from now . . . after careful consideration and review of the materials, I have decided that I will personally pilot the ART for the foreseeable future. It will certainly be challenging for me to find the time to do so, however I believe that I can routinely section off two blocks of time during the week.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Consistently, there will be an ART session every Sunday. The exact time has not yet been called, however it is probable that it will be sometime around 5:00 PM SLT. I apologize for the lateness if you’re across the pond, but Sunday is usually littered with meetings for me. The second session will alternate based upon my day off from work. Currently, that seems to alternate between Tuesday and Wednesday. The alternating session time will be early day, in order to accommodate folks in different time zones.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: The upside of hosting the ART is it allows me to also use the time to get my weekly raids in and utilize them as an educational period. Additionally, it will give me the opportunity to make real-time adjustments so that the final product can be administered by any graduate. The down side is, well, it should be amusing to try to balance this on top of everything else. Haha! BUT I WILL. I CAN DO IT.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: In closing: a special thank you to the contributors to the ART—Ron Bleac, Hollomengitus Yifu, and everyone else who gave feedback.

If everything proceeds as planned, I will post a final time this week and begin running courses as of next Sunday.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Next up.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: > Update / General Development

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Development over the last week has been progressive. I am pretty impressed with all the accomplishments to report.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: First up, the big one: the power armor has been completely modeled and is in the texturing stage. Thus far, it looks absolutely amazing. There should be a copy down in the build zone for your viewing pleasure. It is a very aggressive build, with a Roman appeal. Disembodied is actually down there currently, slaving away (or afk playing SC2, one of those).

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: The faceplate kind of reminds me of Cobra Commander, now that I think of it.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: That's even more awesome.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: The Tyrant has been issued and is in the vendor for distribution and unlock. If you have previously unlocked a tank, the Tyrant is automatically available for you. If you intend to unlock the Tyrant, you can do so for 300 QP. Please keep in mind that unlocking the Tyrant does require that you enroll in armored training.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: (That QP # is subject to change . . either which way, so I warn you!)

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Progress on the new HUD appears to be solid. The integrated COMs are great – the new features (such as reporting location automatically with speech) are pretty awesome. Additionally, work is well underway in integrating the device with our objectives. That includes point to point teleporters. Thank you to everyone involved in this project! It is a huge undertaking.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Point to point teleporters based upon who controls what objective, that is.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Keller has been without internet, compliments of a bad ISP. However, due to this, he has had the opportunity to focus on his builds. As I understand, he has completed . . . four, five weapons over the last couple of days.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Scarlet has hammered out an absolutely gorgeous 1911. I . . . haven’t the foggiest what it will be for just yet, however it begs use for something particularly epic.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: (One version of the holster is on my hip.)

[18:25] William D Massiel (dragon.massiel): !

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Questions before we move on?

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, Tsume is doing lots too.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: But that's kind of a given. HE always is.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: He is rad.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions otherwise?

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Movin' on:

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: > Raids

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: With our current NCO and officer core, there is really no reason why the Ordo can’t meet and exceed our daily goal of three raids and one training per day. I largely feel that any laxity in that department is likely based upon simple reluctance or misunderstanding. So, allow me to reiterate our basic raid policy and underline some key points.

[18:30] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[18:30] Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt) raises haaaaaaand.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Officers better know what is expected of them, so I will focus on the NCO level: NCOs may attack any target listed as an “NCO” target, simply by asking the permission of an officer beforehand. NCOs may attack any target listed as officer or Imperator level with the permission of the Imperator.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: To clarify, unless you’re an E-8, yes, you do need to ask before taking a raid out—even on an NCO target. Asking permission . . . really isn’t hard at all. It is simply getting a second look from a more experienced commander, in order to give you a “go to” person in case something goes wrong. This is intended to boost NCO confidence, not hinder it. You’re more than welcome to ask me directly.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Not an NCO and still want to give a shot at a raid leadership? You’re welcome to try—simply ask me.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Although a number of targets are “rated” as officer targets, that shouldn’t discourage anyone from giving it a shot. All it requires is that officer accepting the responsibility for the success of the raid—that way, if you experience difficulties as an NCO, the officer can step in.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: I definitely understand the anxiety behind raid leadership. It is an active, challenging experience at time. But it is a challenge that anyone can master with practice. If at any time you want tips, assistance, education about raid leadership (etc), you need only give me a nudge.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Questions thus far?

[18:35] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[18:36] Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt) does thusly also

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Lykin?

[18:36] Steeltael Lykin shouts: In the case of Praepositus targets, or E-8+ only targets. Would it make more sense to simply roll them up for inclusion with NCO targets?

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: .. mm, they essentially are. NCO can engage them with the same level of permission as they can an NCO target: by asking an officer.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: The difference is, an E-8 doesn't have to ask that permission, so we classified them down as "their level."

[18:38] Corsi DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) raises his hand to add to that?

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

[18:40] Corsi DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) shouts: Alot of the E-8 targets were placed there as they are pretty much on the border of NCO or Officer. Since they are on that edge of not being too much of a stressful or politically secure target but not something you want to just run in and take too lightly.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Indeedly do.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Sir Markus Karlfeldt?

[18:42] Sir Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): Adding onto the addition that Corsi added to the previous statement, I personally feel that a significant part of the reason why raids are lacking is because, well, NCO targets are all boring. And I know that the option for an NCO to raid a higher-level target is available, but I can count on one hand the number of times that has happened, and can count on the other hand the number of times it's been turned down.

[18:44] Sir Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): If you're waiting for me to say something more, that's all I have to say.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: The request is fairly rare -- and, at the times that they were declined, at least from me, it was typically something silly. I haven't any objection to NCO's taking a stab at "harder" targets.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: As Dempster IM'd me: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/701/aprilraidschedule.jpg

[18:45] Sir Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): Pretty fuckin' much, Demp.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Hahah.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on:

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: > ZT Period

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Per our normal routine, we will be entering a zero tolerance period for the next seven calendar days. It will expire on 19MAR11. For those of you who are newer: a zero tolerance period is essentially a semi-routine implementation of strict observance to our standard regulations. In short, during a ZT period, any disciplinary offense will be treated at its highest level. The purpose of these spurts are simply to reinforce and underline discipline – if you stick around, you’ll notice that these come and go at random.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: In short: keep doing what you’re doing, and there’s nothing to worry about. Just, behave.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: In other news . . taking bets on how long it takes for Bracket to get e jected.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: (JUST KIDDING)

[18:47] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley): It was fun while it lasted sir, I'll miss you.

[18:47] Kisho (kishoshima.dragonash): lol

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: You'll all be fine. It's not that scary.

[18:48] Rowling (arokh.takakura): >:D

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: That saaaaid. Promotions will be up tomorrow morning. After meeting raid . . I believe Huttser is already on it.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: So. Dismissed. Have a good night.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: AND SUCH.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.