Clicky

Desereck Creeggan

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I found the game decent. I didn't get scared from it, though. All I had to do was start chucking boxes and barrels at the monster from behind waist-high counters and it would make me laugh that it would just let the objects bounce off of it. Then I ran straight at the monster and threw a chair at its face. Ever since that I didn't find it scary.

There are recorded skype calls to my best friend of me playing this game, with all the lights in the house out, and a few deliberately lit wax-candles in my room. The 5.1 surround whacked all the way up, and no idea what I was getting myself into. What follows is me playing in 2-3 hour bursts of screaming like a girl, sobbing, garbled words of utter despair and panic as i flee from faceless beings pursuing me through a myriad of caves and hallways that all seem to double back toward a dreadful beast I have only seen glimpses of because I am too petrified to keep the camera trained on it.

This sensation of terror lasted until I reached a breaking point and became all "FUCK THIS NOISE. AND FUCK. YOUR. COUCH. NIGGA." and charged head-on at this creature, and found it actually remarkably easy to bull-rampage past him and around, completing tasks at twice the speed with him following me like the kid that stinks of pee at school. For my friend recording the calls, he initially played it as if not a single fuck was given, but as the game progressed, he became more frightened by it.

All in all, we both managed to continually punish ourselves by playing his horrifying game through to it's.. rather unusual ending.

Excellent game, but once you've played it through, it's not scary anymore.

Also, this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4w0_n1Yras

Edited by Xoza Tyron
updated video

Aryte and Z heard me play it for the first time. I quit the game when a sudden gust of wind threw my character to the ground and extinguished my lantern.

After I picked it up, I got to the first monster encounter, and proceeded to freak out and run around like a ninny only to realize the monster hadn't actually seen me yet.

Welllll, Me, Sam, and another friend of ours, all watched a LP video someone made on Youtube, so I already knew what the game was about/what happened in it :P

So I decided to play it myself. I'm currently at the wine cellar xD It's...not THAT scary at first, but it gets a little more scary as you get through the game D: