Clicky

Vincent Kroitschov

[Ordo]-Writing

DAY ONE: November 6th 2009’ish

<log:start…>

I crawled up next to charred tree on the side of hill to get a safe look to the battlefield below. Lights streamed across the battlefield as soldiers ducked behind their barricades for additional cover when return fire was sent at them.

One man sprang from his hiding spot and ran into the trenches toward the enemy position yet he was undetected by their motion sensors. He crawled up the bottom of the enemy trench and set a small remote explosive charge near their feet without them ever knowing. I adjusted my binoculars so that I could get a better look at the charge, but for some reason I couldn’t find it. I suppose it would make sense to disguise the charge while it is that close to the enemy line not to scare the attacking force from their position before it could be remotely detonated.

Moments passed where continuous gunfire could be heard from the defensive line as one group would hold their fire while the other was laying waste to anything across the field. The enemy already starting to falter started a general retreat back to the LZ so they could call for extraction.

In the instant they started to pull out the explosive charge at the feet of several men exploded killing them instantly, sending one man into the barbed wire hanging across the side of the trench where he would hang upside-down until the cleanup crew came in to pile up and burn the bodies.

The battle was won for the defensive army but they weren’t done just yet giving punishment to those heretics who came to invade their land. As the invaders crafts loomed in the distance rockets filled the air toward them. I zoomed in with my binoculars to watch as the engines on the aircrafts were blown off and they tumbled down into the forest below with showers of sparks and explosions that could be visible from the front line.

I moved my focus over to the defenders base to see if I could find the source from which so many rockets were fired.

Looking around from the front entrance to the roofs all I managed to find were a few soldiers standing on the rooftop cheering in victory. But I didn’t manage to see the source.

The defenders wanted to get out of the territory as fast as they could but calling in for additional airships would be out of the question because they were already aiding other sectors with the wounded.

Having watched the fight for what seemed like minutes I look at my watch to find it has been several hours. I hardly noticed it was getting dark out while I watched the battle below rage on. While packing up my things getting ready to go I pull out my GPS and mark the base on it so I could easily find it again the following day.