Clicky

Aryte

[Ordo] Merit additions? Maybe . .

>> Merit Additions

I. While I am eyeing the transition of our “Hawkeyes” into merit form, it is a good time to take a look at our merits in general—is there anything we should add? Just drop them here and list what, envisioned requirements, and envisioned reward!

If someone earns the same merit several times, they should get a merit with a cluster on it.

Say, if Achtai gets Homeland Defense twice, she gets the regular merit, then the second time she gets it, it's replaced with the merit texture with a small leaf or whatever on it. If she got it a third time, there would be a merit with two leaves, and so on up to three.

This was a lot more common back in 06/07/08 from what I experienced in the AN and NOI etc. But sometimes we can't always plan awards in advance, we have alot of basic awards that people can attain and I do think that specialty ones, such as IEA, IAC, Curia etc service are good and agree with those. But As mentioned above, when there was a large operation, big battle or something otherwise 'epic' limited 'edition' service awards/medals etc. were issued. Those are always nice and a cool way to be like 'yeah, remember so and so battle'. I know we have some like that, Operation Fluffy kittens or whatever its called.

Idk, just an idea.

ALSO; I like the Hawkeyes as they are, just sayin.

If someone earns the same merit several times, they should get a merit with a cluster on it.

Say, if Achtai gets Homeland Defense twice, she gets the regular merit, then the second time she gets it, it's replaced with the merit texture with a small leaf or whatever on it. If she got it a third time, there would be a merit with two leaves, and so on up to three.

More merits that award people for their contributions besides combat with more specific tasks like; Tactica, Curia, IEA etc.

x2 on both

Deployment merit for number of raids, say 1st one for 100, then again for 250, and maybe a 3rd for 500 raids. A kind of take on the RL militaries own deployment merit.

I think this should stay grouped into combat.

Sheer number of raids just means you volunteer/are picked/ volun-told, and does not have to do with quality.

I do see the connection to RL merits, but I can see in RL a deployment being a much much bigger deal.

Deployment merit for number of raids, say 1st one for 100, then again for 250, and maybe a 3rd for 500 raids. A kind of take on the RL militaries own deployment merit.

GL keeping tabs on all those raids people went to. ;p Right now I dont believe there is an automated system

I think this should stay grouped into combat.

Sheer number of raids just means you volunteer/are picked/ volun-told, and does not have to do with quality.

I do see the connection to RL merits, but I can see in RL a deployment being a much much bigger deal.

im not sure that it doesnt have anything to do with quality. Volunteering and raiding are like the root of action for SL militaries, and TBH there are plenty of people who rarely leave Titan/ only defend as is.

Speaking of defence, "Black Fortress" or something like that for someone who is noted as a constant defender, and extremely noteworthy in the task.

A merit for showing initiative / resourcefulness in combat (taking the initiative to lead raids / make improv'd maneuvers to great effect) / policy (coming up with a new, unique policy / solution to existing problems) / munitorum (making a really cool, unique gadget)? (or one for each category)

'Die hard neko mk I and mk II' -- self explanatory

'Accidental mass murderer of Ordo personnel' -- self explanatory

'I shot Agares and managed to get away' -- self explanatory

'Imperator's boot' -- for teleporting into the administratio meeting more then once uninvited. (you know who you are >.>)

There should be something for people who go out of their way to get something back on its feet even when its not their task initially, but i cant think of a snappy name for it or if we already have something for that.