Clicky

Scarlet Flaks

ArmA III

SCUBA COMBAT. CUSTOMIZABLE SOLDIERS AND WEAPONS. I'M GOING TO DIE OF EXCITEMENT. ALSO UNRELATED: WHOSE LINE IS COMING BACK TO TELEVISION.

EDIT: That wasn't meant to be caps. I didn't feel like retyping, so I resized instead. C:

Edited by Caleb

Also, for those naysayers, they've been overhauling the interface so it's less cumbersome and it'll be running on Steam only. 

Alpha access can be granted through invite or by buying an early access package. There's varying levels of access to the Alpha depending on what you're willing to pay.

=========================================

Just a quick rundown in USD:

Alpha Lite: - Free, Invite Only, only lets you participate in the early alpha with no multiplayer or early mod access (ACE3 I'm sure is underway as we speak, given how snuggly close its dev team, ShackTac and BI seem to be).

Alpha: - Approx 30$ USD, Is pretty much just access to the alpha, beta, and full game in that order.  You also get three alpha invites. Allows multiplayer and mod access in Alpha stage.

Alpha Digital Deluxe Edition: - 50$ USD, same as above, but with extra doodads like maps, soundtrack, and other fun stuff.

Alpha Supporter: - 92$ USD, same as above with more goodies involved.You get Arma X, All the future DLC, a special identifying forum's badge, and your name in the game's credits.

Edited by Agares Tretiak

a note on the name in game credits, it says first 500 to purchase. I would -highly- expect that 500 has already been met.
DLC says "If any, does not apply to standalone expansions or sequels" The standalone expansions part is whats shitty about it. Wasnt arrowhead standalone? 

@Agares: yes the UI is less cumbersome. That doesnt mean the game is watered-down in terms of need to know controls, realism, ect. Something that most gamers dont want to deal with. Especially the travel-time involved in arma.

Im fully planning on getting AIII, but I have no expectation for its playerbase to be huge.

Edited by Deadmon

Guest Afevis

a note on the name in game credits, it says first 500 to purchase. I would -highly- expect that 500 has already been met.

Preordering starts on the 5th, so this is incorrect.

Well then yes it is wrong haha. I didnt bother to look because I dont have the cash to pre-order right now. Either way. Its first 500 so I would expect it to go within an hour. If you arent ordering it as it opens up then I wouldnt consider it when weighing the options.

The requirements are surprisingly high. :\ That doesn't bode well for probably a good number of our ARMA guys.

EDIT: Also, near the bottom it says the full game is 44.99 euro, but near the top it says $32.99 USD and you get the full game and beta. Does that mean it's going a minecraft-route? Lesser price if you buy now, versus when it is released? Because if so, awesome. I can afford that.

Edited by Caleb

Guest Afevis

The requirements are pretty much the same as PS2. Dual Core, video card from 2006 (which you can pick up a modern equivalent of for about $40), 2GB RAM (PS2 requires 4).

http://www.arma2.com/customer-support/support_en.html Arma2's recommended requirements are pretty much exactly the same as this set-up as well.

Edited by Afevis

DLC says "If any, does not apply to standalone expansions or sequels" The standalone expansions part is whats shitty about it. Wasnt arrowhead standalone? 

@Agares: yes the UI is less cumbersome. That doesnt mean the game is watered-down in terms of need to know controls, realism, ect. Something that most gamers dont want to deal with. Especially the travel-time involved in arma.

Im fully planning on getting AIII, but I have no expectation for its playerbase to be huge.

Mister Party-pooper poops on all my parties.

I digress however, if it keeps the annoying CoD kids (read: the annoying kids who play CoD and think it's the be all of FPS gaming) out of my game, I'm pleased as Ffffin' punch and I'd not want them to water down anything. It's ArmA, for heaven's sake. It'll still have a large enough player base to make it worthwhile, especially since the exposure the game has gotten lately through Steam and DayZ alone have piqued a lot of interest, plus all the favorable press for it's release. I'm a tad worried some players will be hype-fags but who knows, maybe they'll actually stick around once they see what it has to offer in terms of challenge and scale.

no no. I wasnt advocating they water it down. Simply saying that while the game is going to be badass for sure I dont think its playerbase will be much larger than Arma II. Like I said Im getting it too, just being realistic in terms of expectations. :P

In terms of DLC / credits chat I was just highlighting little exceptions they hid to the side to help people purchase the right pack. As I see it the deluxe is best value as most arma success come from mods or base version / stand alone versions.

Edited by Deadmon

Hey, the playerbase could be equally as large as ARMA 2 and I'd be perfectly happy. As long as there's not a distinct lack of players and servers, I'm just fine, and I very much doubt there ever will be.

EDIT: Also, way to change the forum theme while I hit "POST". :C It made my whole screen freak out.

Edited by Caleb