Clicky

Gen Scientist

Excellence as an objective

Sun Tzu said: The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.

Self-Improvement is the desire or the act of get better on an specific field, in this case combat. It's something important we should keep in mind, it should become an objective for you.

We're a good organization, there's good people, an amazing hierarchy, comradeship, moral. But we shouldn't forget about combat, combat is the heart of this group, it's the soul. If there are enough defenders on Titan, organize attacks, trainings (on the killhouse), go to New Jessie, help friendly groups, get better within the combat community, become invencible.

Seeking perfection, excellence is what makes me wake up everyday, IRL and SL, I don't lay down if I can't do something, I try to do it better, I analyze the situation what made me lose, and I try to do it better next time.

Excellence is my objective, it's yours?

Edited by Gen Scientist

Sun Tzu said: The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.

Self-Improvement is the desire or the act of get better on an specific field, in this case combat. It's something important we should keep in mind, it should become an objective for you.

We're a good organization, there's good people, an amazing hierarchy, comradeship, moral. But we shouldn't forget about combat, combat is the heart of this group, it's the soul. If there are enough defenders on Titan, organize attacks, trainings (on the killhouse), go to New Jessie, help friendly groups, get better within the combat community, become invencible.

Seeking perfection, excellence is what makes me wake up everyday, IRL and SL, I don't lay down if I can't do something, I try to do it better, I analyze the situation what made me lose, and I try to do it better next time.

Excellence is my objective, it's yours?

Yea agree with yea there gen.

When you loose an objective or losing a battle from someone, the first thing in mind is. How can I counter it. Mainly losing a battle or losing an objective, we can learn from that to make the next battle or objective a victory :3

A true prodigy of FireFox.. Excellent write, I couldn't agree more.

The strive for 'perfection' and 'excellence' is a very ambiguous goal to have. When setting goals as such, you have to understand what perfection is in your eyes. To be perfect by definition is impossible when applied to all encasing subjects, and should not be a goal for anyone. However obtaining a self defined role of 'perfection' is obtainable by dedication. With that said don't let your goals run wild with dreams of grandeur. Setting goals like "I want to be the next Imperator!" or "I want to never die in combat" while admirable desires, they are stacking up to fall. Many times I've seen people say "I want to be ____." and it being an obtainable goal, such as: an Officer, a Guardsman, or any other thing that fits. While those are all obtainable goals, with work and dedication to your goals, the person with those ambitions lost sight of them. They lost morale, ambition, self esteem just based on the fact their goals weren't easily obtained. Do note that no goal easily obtained is not worth having.

If you wish to seek perfection, first know what perfection is.

A good goal is one thats down a seemingly never ending road lined with the cool shade of trees and many intresting sights.

english : Keep your main goal a state of mind, something done on an hour by hour basis like it were 2nd nature while on the path to what you want. Dont set your heart purely on -one- thing that can be attained and become bored of because it ended up not being what you thought it was gonna be.