Clicky

Jeffery Worbridge

[June 18, 2011] Weekly Ordo Imperialis Meeting Log

• Meeting Introduction

Aryte Vesperia: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

Statistics

Members: 314 (Inac Purge 06/06/11)

Cadets: 8

Applications

New: 17

Accepted: 1 (lol)

Denied: 8

Review: 8

Combat

Defensive: 106

Offensive: 22

Allied Assist: 0

Diplomatic Notes: Solid growth across the combat zone. Lot of great combat! Working to keep the motion forward. No major changes, outside of AN.

• Unit Reports

Hollowmengitus Yifu:

From Kyra for Praescius:Quiet week in Praescius, so this report will be quite short. Activity across all members who are not on documented LoA is optimal, so kudos! Keep up the excellent work! As always, if any questions arise regarding Praescius, feel free to contact the current CO, Kyra Vixen.

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu: From Stirn for Saevitas: This week Saevitas has begun rising into full activity. Trainings and raids, both joint and dedicated have already begun taking place between A-1 and A-5, and plans for continued exercises are already being put in place. On a final note, thanks to Addison and several other Saevitas, work has already begun on additional training/combat arenas

From Pr0wer for Invictus: This week has been a standard week for Invictus. We held several raids and more importantly we familiarized with both new comers and former Invictus through trial by fire. A joint training was performed with Saevitas and it is expected that more will come down the line.

From Huttser for Evalidus: Things are continuing to adance at a steady pace. Squad meeting was held earlier in the week to help establish a few things and gather general ideas. Squad participation in raids and defence has fluxuated due to several members on leave, however with said members impending returns, me and Awanken are planning many, many things to throw at the squad. So keep an eye out for that!

From Afevis for Insidiae: Insidiae would like to welcome, Lee Serenity, and DaveyDarkStrider Oh to their ranks, it seems that the offering of cookies was somewhat successful, however we do still have a few more left, so apply today! :D

From thatguy for Cohors B: Jeffery Worbridge (the fucking boss) has stepped down from the B-II CO position to become the XO, whereas Marcus Tinamou has picked up the position of CO. Other than that, not many PRFs or anything else to note, Tsukiyomi will be holding a few raids for B-I for their new one raid a week requirement (be sure you hit that raid, B-I >:o ). If you are currently in B-I and do not wish to be as combat-active, please speak with your CO or even myself to be moved to B-II. Be sure to keep up activity!

WolfShaman Warrior:

Astra: Ethan was unable to make it this week due to RL, so I’ll be Making it short and sweet this week. Training Queue continues its excellent status of efficient pilot training. Thanatos Training materials are being finalized by Palaestra’s CO prior to its final implementation. due to some of our recent departures, Reapers flight has been left without a CO, and We’ll have that taken care of within a couple days while Tactical Squadron Command goes through the list of candidates. in the interim, Crash Silverfall will keep an eye on things for us until then. Letalis has taken off with group training planned to be held on the 20th. Sebris is also keeping tabs on Air based Diplomatic opportunities and relations with 2142 and EE. That about sums it up for Astra this week.

Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports for this evening?

Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Vixen?

Kyra Vixen shouts: Somewhat of a quiet week in Tactica. DKR is rebuilding, while The Remnant State, a group that splintered off from DKR, is open and is attackable on the region of Rose Petal Island. They are currently classified as an E-8 target. This concludes the Tactica report for this week.

Aryte Vesperia:

Regarding the Praetorian Guard: Mr. Tretiak may be without internet for some time. The appointed Evocati, Mr. Bleac, shall oversee the Guard in the meantime.

• Developmental Announcements

Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Xiao gave me a run down on the most recent projects a bit ago. Everything's on track. The replacement HUD is in modeling and scripting at the same time. Adjudicator is in animation. Aegis is waiting on munition models, however animating is done . . . I beeeelieeeve? Correct me if I am wrong, Mr. Karlfeldt.

Aryte Vesperia: TI ACR is complete. Model manual being hammered out. Pending release, possibly, this weekend. Maybe. A big maybe. We'll try.

• Achievement Rating Tier

Aryte Vesperia: ART went great last week. Thank you all for participating. Another session tomorrow, 5:00 PM SLT. Rank requirement waived. Keep in mind all Cohors A, Guard, Letalis, etc must qualify. So. Participate!

• Questions & Answer

DaveyDarkStrider Oh raises hand.

DaveyDarkStrider Oh: A few members have trouble staying up till that time, being from Europe and what not, will there be alternative ART hosted for peoeple around a GMT timezone?

Aryte Vesperia: There will be alternative times once my schedule levels out (after next week). *Digs up schedule.*

Aryte Vesperia: For the next . . hm, like six weeks, I can probably do an early Saturday morning or a early evening Friday.

Typhon Perun raises hand.

Typhon Perun shouts: I was just going to ask the same thing sir, as my work schedule makes it very hard for me to attend such things.

Aryte Vesperia: Aye. Got it.

• Some serious speach idk

Aryte Vesperia: The keynote this evening is one that really pertains to each of us. Sort of a rant on my part, really—nevertheless, an informative rant. The matter of commitment, resolution, and fortitude. Those are some pretty vague words, are they not? But me oh my, there is so very much to it. Now, there is definitely a pointed overtone to this speech. This is not me writing on a whim or speaking candidly for the sake of giggles. We lost a couple folks earlier today. I am always a bit of an inquisitor when it comes to retention: it is always important for me to understand the “why” when we lose a member. The reasons I found were a bit disheartening for me as a leader, specifically as each was rather solvable . . simply, they did not take the time to voice their concern. Ninety percent of problems come from one, small little thing. Misunderstandings. More often than not, both here and in my professional life offline, I spend hours and hours a week correcting misunderstandings. Ill perception, misjudgments, assumptions—each has a pretty major toll. I would hazard a guess we have lost more members to misunderstandings over any other problem, overwhelmingly so. It is simply a natural occurrence. Every individual here has their own background, their own origin, their own train of thought: we are all affected by a bounded rationality. When these bounded rationalities collide, the errors occur. Simple statements, such as “I am not sure if we can use that gun” wind up being a myriad of outcomes: some take that as “don’t use it until,” others take it as “use it until.”

A misunderstanding is just that, a misunderstanding, until the matter of error persists or reaches higher level concerns—such as perception of other individuals, their orders, or their assumed perception of you. Then a misunderstanding really becomes a killer. Many misunderstandings weed themselves out, whether by confronting the party (or parties) in question, or escalating it to someone with the full picture. However, often times, misunderstandings go unresolved and become a cornerstone for a widespread dissemination of misinformation. This, it would seem, really underscored the recent loss. Failure to communicate until it was “too late;” even so far as to withhold communicating with me until after stepping out. Shit happens, life goes on, and the wheel keeps turning. But it is important to reflect on matters of this nature to ensure it does not persist. The officer staff is a great resource, but beyond that, so am I. At any time, I am present and willing to help you cut through the confusion. It is part of my role here: I have the benefit of seeing the full picture most of the time, so it typically is not much of a challenge to clear up a misunderstanding. Please, avoid operating on assumption on any matter: especially if it is a matter that is harming your wish to be here. Our goal, foremost, is a positive environment. An environment cannot be upheld without feedback and communication—now, do not be surprised if I ask for the meat and potatoes of the problem. Evidence is needed, as is some substantiation. If there are none, then, well, that only underlines the point of it likely being a misunderstanding.

Related, I would like to touch on the matter of commitment. As I tell everyone at induction: the Ordo is really what you make of it. That’s commitment. I don’t simply say it because it sounds catchy while you’re standing in front of me, I mean it. I try my damndest to live it. The Ordo is a fine institution, full of some pretty awesome people, but when it comes down to it, my attitude and your attitude directly impacts how you and I enjoy this group. If I wake up in the morning sighing about how much work waits me, it serves only to sour my experience. If I wake up every morning thinking about how I can use my time to better improve the group and help others enjoy their time in the Ordo, then it’s a powerful, energizing mindset.

There are people in this group who have been dealt some pretty shitty hands by accident or chance, but they clawed, tooth and nail, to stay here. They did so out of commitment and a realization that their ability to operate positively impacts the group. They are some of the hardest workers I know. Additionally, they are some of the most loyal and happiest people I know. It takes a whole lot to genuinely be committed. I have heard the song a hundred times “Ordo for life, yo!” only to find the person resigning a month later. That doesn’t make them a bad person (in most cases); it means they lost sight of that goal, that grasp, that drive, and resolution to be here. Perhaps they didn’t make friends? Perhaps it was too much work? Maybe a misunderstanding derailed them?

Whatever the case may be: there is nothing that anyone in this room can’t do so as long as they put their mind to it and remain committed. If you genuinely want to be an officer some day, do it. It’s that simple. If you want to lead your own division, do it. But be ready for that “Ordo for life, yo!” sentiment to be tested, pulled, and shoved. It’s not all roses and happiness. I wish it was as simple as saying “I’m Ordo, no questions.” But it really isn’t. If you don’t stay on the path, there are plenty of temptations, road bumps, and God knows what else out there. Yes, you can /do/ anything you want to here. Except take my job. But that will take commitment. I would, honestly, rather have a hundred committed individuals than a thousand folks who I wasn’t sure about. I can’t force anyone here to make a decision when the time comes, nor would I ever try: but commitment has its rewards. The Ordo has all the foundation, the economic security, the support structure. There is no greener grass. We are an exemplary organization, /because/ of committed individuals. I’m not going to pretend that drama occurs. It’s natural. It happens. Drama, however, is insignificant. It is how drama is handled and how it is recovered from that matters in the end.

I would also like to touch on the matter of fortitude, specifically when it comes to interaction in the group. This does not happen very often, but, hey . . . I warned you this was sort of rant-y.

In short: when “you” feel the entire group is doing wrong, it may be best to stop and take a moment to consider if the one doing wrong happens to be “you.” The sense of entitlement and victimization that pops up from time to time is somewhat baffling—most recently, repetitious claims of favoritism (to apparently like fifty people), but in reality it coming down to the subject was constantly having disciplinary problems, resulting in negative treatment while everyone else was receiving normal treatment. It’s almost comical in hindsight, but a real pain in the rump trying to outline it. Unfortunately, a real example, one that resulted in said member leaving.

That aside. It must be stressed: each and every one of you has ample opportunity. The sky is the limit. Your actions are your resume. I’ve said it a dozen times, at least, but I have to repeat it from time to time: I am here for you all. I honestly hate Second Life. I don’t leave the sim very often because of it. I’m here for you. Each and every one of you. I will be here until every last one of you retires or moves on. And then I’ll go find a new game for us to hang out on. I genuinely care about each of you. I would fight tooth and nail for every one of you. If you are committed to this group, I will eternally be committed to you. I may be the leader, but you are the people who empower me. So, give me your all, and I’ll give it right on back. That’s my promise, without exception or sub clause, or addendum.

Questions?

Dempster Duncker raises hand?

Aryte Vesperia: I'm somewhat scared, but. Mr. Duncker?

Dempster Duncker states: Is the 50 year term of service able to be waived, or is it a service agreement set in stone?

Aryte Vesperia: Eligible for retirement at 35 years.

• THE Week

Aryte Vesperia: Next week. Is the week. "THE" week. As in a degree of us are going to go run around like idiots at a convention.

Aryte Vesperia: I have a schedule worked out for the officers already and, well, I'll be in contact the whole time. So no major changes. Aryte Vesperia: I will hold a meeting Tuesday night to just go over the schedule and ensure everyone is on the same page.

Aryte Vesperia: ONE note: NEXT SUNDAY, not tomorrow, will be our monthly "day off/casual dress/games/etc." So you can put that on your calendar. Speaking of I realized I haven't updated the Ordo calendar, crap.

(lol stupid)

• Promotions & Salute

Aryte Vesperia: Promotions will be up tomorrow. Feel free to send me addition before midnight. Thank you all for coming, I appreciate it. As a side note: good work on keeping the 3 a day raids up. Maybe we should bump it up to 4? 3 seems to be too easy!

Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Typhon Perun salutes, "The immortal emperor is with us, and we are invincible"

Huttser Ishelwood salutes crisply "Exitus Acta Probat"

Menka Pawpad salutes!

Radryl Allen salutes. "Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus."

Nikki4 Aquitaine salutes.

Sebris Montpark: Salutes

Ryu Peng salutes! "For the Fifth And Final, glory to the Imperator."

WolfShaman Warrior salutes!

DaveyDarkStrider Oh Salutes! "Hail To The Imperator, Baby!"

Lupus Mielziner salute " Who gives the orders here ? Arryyyyte !!

Tonet Millar salutes!

Felix Stourmead salutes!

Drasamax Python salutes!

DarkHades Demonia salutes!

Morh Giffen thumps one fist against his chest in a salute: "May the gods have mercy upon our enemies."

Vinnie Lei salutes. "Ich liebe es wenn ein plan funktioniert.."

Achtai Coronet salutes!

Singularity Phenomena salutes!

Mikeo Amiot salutes!

Lyle Watanabe salutes! "non est innocentia, solum sunt noxiae gradus"

piDelia Magic salutes!

Acheron Gloom salutes!

Shizzerk Kostolany salutes!

Arokh Takakura slams a claw to his chest with a dull thud. "Imperator Vesperia."

Ookamiwulf Lemton salutes!

TOTAL SALUTES THIS WEEK: 25

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.