Clicky

Rei Kuhr

Rest In Peace...

Depends what kind of news you're looking at. Also, the man just died, it's going to take a few days until the real obituaries show up, the ones that paint balanced pictures.

Yes he was a visionary in the sense that he kept pursuing things everyone else thought were folly, which he then turned into successes. On the other hand he did have disingenuous tendencies as a business person. One example, getting a 5k USD cheque for a programming job Woz did, and paying him 500 USD, not mentioning the full sum he got. That was in the pre Apple days. And Apple has been one of the toughest and most unforgiving places to work at under Steve. But still most of the people who do are intensely passionate about working there, because of what they're working on.

Can't paint people in black and white.

Mark, he HARDLY did a piss poor job of selling Apple. He was the man who first made people want a personal computer, before him the world was green text on black screen.

While I dont dispute Steve Wozniak definately helped forge the core of Apple. Steve Jobs was definitely a driving force for its innovation and apples prowess as far as selling items goes. Even if his business ethics were indeed ruthless.

http://www.telegraph...sh-in-1984.html

Edited by Disembodied Hand

TBH I fear the innovative apple may be behind us now. Lets hope not, but Steve was really the guy who said "that, lets do that." when it came to ideas people thought would be too costly, or just not be taken by the general public.

Edited by Disembodied Hand

Steve was the innovator. He was blunt and that's how he did so well in his final years with Apple. If he didn't like something or if it was blatantly stupid, he'd call it out quite clearly so it could be fixed.

Old Apple was pretty semantical, Steve Jobs came back and re-created it to what it is today. He is more or less the tree roots of Apple, whereas Steve Wozniak was the seed of Apple, so to speak.

RIP Steve Jobs, you'll be missed by the world.

PS: I love your iPhone. <3

Sorry to hear about his death, but I am with Stallman about the man's legacy in terms of personal computing.

http://stallman.org/...28Steve_Jobs%29

If you think I'm being harsh or my comment is in distaste, then this will explain it more for you. http://www.nytimes.c...uture.html?_r=1

Keep in mind, I am a computer scientist. I know a lot about the history of the technology industry, and I have developed software for multiple platforms including Apple.

Edited by Nrom Normandy

Leonard Nimoy
330px-Leonard_Nimoy_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
Rest in Peace

"Live Long & Prosper"

- Known best as Spock from The Original Star Trek Series.
Additionally he played a large role in today's science fiction, had an interest in science and technology and inspired a lot of what we have today. He's done a lot, was very intelligent and still had a lot he wanted to do. He will be missed.

James Horner 

James-Horner.png

Known for his musical talents on: Field of Dreams, Braveheart, Willow, Rocketeer, Apollo 13, Legends of the Fall, Aliens, Apocalypto, Krull, Titanic, Star Trek II, A Beautiful Mind, Avatar, The New World, The Amazing Spider-Man...and dozens more. A true legend

Edited by Esva

0962313595e4947f8eec55a27baa8cd3.png

David Bowie (born David Robert Jones; 8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016) was an English singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, arranger, painter, and actor. Bowie was a figure in popular music for over four decades, and was known as an innovator, particularly for his work in the 1970s. His androgynous appearance was an iconic element of his image, particularly in the 1970s and 1980s.