Clicky

Cyphre Iredell

Planetside 2

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your preferred faction?

• Terran Republic
    • New Conglomerate
    • Vanu Sovereignty

crash course (basicly what I know from limited play time)

if nobody else is on theres an auto-squad system that is pretty good.

MAKE SURE that on your map (M) you have the following enabled:

allies - will display numbers for infantry, and symbols for vehicles in your squad allowing you to identify the current location of your squad / hopefully platoon

zone control - shows control of continent for each faction. TR is red, vanu is purple, mc is blue

facilities - a quick reference for the major complexes on the continent. Research, power, and something else.

hostiles isnt necessary because it only displays what is spotted, and only by squad I think.

resources are kinda spammy and besides auraxium the rest are generally easy to come by.

theres one more... but I cant think of it, most people just forget to enable allies and get lost easy.

most facilities have basic conquest style capture. Some have secondary objectives to make capturing easier (shield generators). get to the points and hold them (or blow them up in the case of spawn consoles and generators) till your team captures the territory.

auraxium - blue resource used for purchasing weapons

certifications - used to upgrade modifications for existing gear/weapons, including vehicles and your suit.

The rest are for spawning vehicles at pads, or purchasing grenades and special items. At first I thought this was dumb, but after about an hour of fighting in one of those big domes I love that grenades are now more tactical and not spammy in PS2.

Chat has tabs, which you can access by pressing alt to enable your mouse. squad, platoon, general, ect

z is your squad voice chat. you also have platoon, region, proximity, "echo" (no idea what that one is) available on your keypad.

I wanna try this again tomorrow but when I played I was having some serious trouble. The only sucess I had was sneaking into an enemy, lightly guarded base with a max suit and getting maybe 2 kills. Every other class didn't quite get me any kills or real contribution. Couldn't figure out how to make the weapons work in my favor barring the explosives.

The game sadly fails as a "Run and Gun" style shooter like COD or BF players are used to... Many of the developers commented that the game doesn't really "Come into it's own" when battalions were formed. The swarm of people attacking you were likely in TS3 or Vent calling out coordinated strikes as small units.. which is overwhelming when you're the receiving end of it, and amazing when you're part of it.

Yea I know.. when i logged in first the TR had like almost half of the map .. then a lot of VS logged on and started working as a team . within an hour they had more then half of the map, pushing the TR and NC down to about a quarter of the map in height. They worked as teams and everyone else just ran around.

When me and some other guy took the turrets in some outpost and started taking out aircraft and vehicles suddenly more of our own troops started showing up and it didnt take long to secure the area ..

The thing that I found most difficult is actually spotting an enemy, especially once it got dark. Enemy turrets did not really seem hindered.

Yeah, I havent had time to play either but from what ive played im definitely looking forward to its full release and time to play it.

Inoue, From the time I played I started up with auto-squad and got in a small platoon that started as a ground convoy of sunderer and prowlers, breaking up into small squads to take points and capture land. The squad disbanded and then I again auto-joined and ended up in a unified air force platoon of like 8 mosquitos, 3 liberators, and one gal that would swarm the araxium stations but we ended up losing a lot more of the little points that time. You may have just had a bad experience, this is also a super small portion of who will be on when it goes open beta / live and you can expect fairly large battles everywhere and map control pushes wont be as swift.

You must be missing us Inoue, we had a multi squad platoon up last night, working in tandem with other TR outfits. I was contacted earlier today one outfits rep inquiring about an alliance and combined operations.

On another note, if those who have expressed interest in joining the outfit to me on the forums actually come through, roughly 1/3rd of the Ordo outfits strength (I believe it will be 15 odd people) will come from outside of SL. I've also heard from several sources (some not that reliable, others more so) that our name is starting to seep out into the other outfits, some of which were impressed by our actions yesterday.

They are announcing the "alpha squad" which looks like the equiv of bf3 premium for planetside. Minus expansions.

You get some weapon unlocks, custom title, decal, camo, and 4000 station cash. Which works out to be you getting all this for free you just buy 40 bucks worth of station cash. Which will do you no good till it launches.

http://www.planetside2.com/alpha-squad