Cyphre Iredell

Planetside 2

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your preferred faction?

• Terran Republic
    • New Conglomerate
    • Vanu Sovereignty

TR all the way! Wooo!

Word on the street is they are already sending out invites currently, but it will be pretty limited for the short run because they don't have the backend currently to house a thousand people on a server just yet. Basically still alpha at this stage and I believe Planetside veterans are getting first dibs.

I got in. While I'm a veteran, I wasn't able to use the account I had back then. I don't remember it. Nor would I remember the password. I got a key from Loki.

While I can't say anything about it, I can tell you that the texture caching is really killing it. If I'm in the bomber seat of a lib, my client lags out until I crash because it can't cache the terrain fast enough. Or something. It just gets really choppy. Otherwise, it's smooth as butter.

PS1 vets have to use their old accounts. They don't get special beta keys.

I know, but for instance I said "Im a PS1 vet that lost his account through email transfer. Hook me up with some more mayhem?" or something to those lines. The betas they are giving out through twitter are priority beta keys, meaning first round of beta access in this phase. Likely staggered by a few hours or a single day to lighten the amount of logins.

People always say that during betas, but lately every single beta is damn near the release with just the worst bugs fixed, sometimes not even that.

SWTOR was a great example. Lol. especially since this is a free to play model they are likely to get the game released sooner rather than later and just fix it as they go along,