Clicky

Zerowinged Vasiliev

16JUL11 - Ordo Weekly Meeting

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Imperator's Weekly Meeting Report**********

Name/Rank/Division: Zerowinged Vasiliev / Praetorian Guardsman / The Praetorian Guard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 16JUL11

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

|Imperator’s Opening Statement|

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

|Imperator’s Report|

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 318

Cadets: 7

Applications

New: 10

Accepted: 6 ( wow, what? That’s rare. )

Denied: 2

Review: 2

Combat

Defensive: 117

Offensive: 22

Allied Assist: 0

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic matters. This week has had some relative calm in political climates; we have not had any major shifts outside of developing our “allied” group. Per bad choices under the influence of alcohol and the urgings of a persuasive Ordo officer, the name of said group . . . well, just scroll down to the bottom of my group list and you’ll see it there.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

|Divisional Reports|

-Astra-

[18:03] Sebris Montpark raises paw for Astra

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Montpark?

[18:03] Sebris Montpark: This week, The Tactical Squadron has had a slow week. Fortunately not too slow. The Reapers has held its unit event for the week as well as planning weekly activities for the European members, which hopefully can be lead by Crash. Aquila is putting together more activities as well as a general time for the unit to get together to discuss some plans for events this coming week as well as general advocacy chatter. Despite the slow pace this week, the newer members still press on in their unit with high morale.

Letalis has already scheduled an event for next week. They have also brought in a new member into their ranks this past week as well. Due to Ethans absence, the production of their new gear is stagnent at this moment.

[18:04] Sebris Montpark: Despite data migration, Instructors are still expected to only use the documents as references to build their own lesson plans as if we still used notecards. Anytime the material is revised or updated, a notice will be sent for them to check the folders on GDocs, fortunately, this should not happen often. Palaestra is also exiting brainstorming stages soon and is fixing to begin developing the Liberator training course. Once it is finished, Letalis will be the first to be put through to further develope their skills and for Palaestra to take notes and see if anything could be adjusted and or revised. Once it is finalized, it will be open to other instructors.

In Foreign Diplomatic news. Air Force relations with 2142 remain great. With Ratchet Exonare back in Command of their Air Force, we can continue skirmishes with them starting this coming friday! These skirmishes, of course, will be strictly Air-to-air. As soon as I get a definite Time From Ratchet, there will be an announcement on the forums.

Palaestra has migrated all of their training material on google Docs to add to information flexibility this past week. Right now Access is being sorted for the documents to be read for all OIAP staff and members of the Astra Administratio.

[18:04] Sebris Montpark: That is all from Astra this week.

-Terra-

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises his mech hand for Terra, like a boss.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Yifu?

From Kyra for Praescius: Nothing really to note this week. Raid participation looks fine, among the currently active members. In other news, it seems stray cats have stolen Praescius's ration of Chocolate Chip Cookies.

From Eriksson for Invictus: Pretty awesome week for Invictus, ladies and gentlemen! Got out on a few raids, and trainings with some of the other squads which all turned out nothing less than awesome. Some awesome news also: Invictus Shark week is just around the corner! July 31st it starts, so don't be surprised if you see Invictus running around as sharks with Keller a few weeks from now! Curis Rifle updates were also released this week, so all is well in the neighbourhood. I think that's how it goes, right?

From Stirn for Saevitas: Another good week for A-5, raids continue to be done at a smooth pace, and once more trainings are starting to become coordinated with both other Alpha Centuries, but also B-Centuries. Next week should to be a great week for trainings in A-5. Moving on, Saevitas may be getting it's logo soon thanks to Ryu and several other members who have been suggesting idea's and concepts.

From Afevis for Insidiae: We got us some shortbread cookies, Oreos, Chips Ahoy!™, and snickerdoodles, so get those applications in! (Not even going to bother naming all 28 types of girl scout cookies.)

From Huttser for Evalidus: A good week for us, with activity sky rocketing from last week, good work. Our squads second weapon slot has more or les sbeen decided upon. We're looking to get a FN Mag GPMG, the most widley used GPMG in the world, in service since the 1950's! Other then that, other things in development, stay tuned.

From Prower for /b/: Meeting B Summary: Overall a pretty solid week for B Cohor, several took part of raids one of which attended a grand total of 10 raids! Also on as a side note, if you are in B-1 it is mandatory that you take part of at least 1 raid per week to secure your spot so if you are undercount get ‘er done. If you are having trouble taking part do inform your CO, XO, thatguy (handlebar) Andel, or Pr0wer Miles to have that sorted and this goes for B-2 as well if you feel like partaking raids and can’t do to other reasons. Also I see that many of you haven’t asked for a prfs so don’t forget to ask for them for qp for awesome gear. That concludes this somewhat lengthy report but as one last side note take part of ART on Sundays!

[18:08] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: That's all from me.

-Tactica-

[18:10] Kyra Vixen: In other news, Chthonic Syndicate is alive. After what has seemed like months without contact with CS, we were attacked by them. Good to know that they are still alive. Additionally, it looks like DKR/RoG is not going to come back any time soon, so their folder has been purged from the board. ASR seems to have gone into a rebuild phase, per information available.

Finally, the Merczateers have entered a rebuild phase as well. No estimate has been given as to when that will finish, though. And this concludes the report for Tactica!

-IEA-

[18:10] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Ms. Python?

[18:11] Drasamax Python shouts: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: Lots of Schola classes, not so many Armatura classes however this week (I hope to see more next week then). Reports turned in on time too. We got some returning old instructors and a new one recently who are: Genesis Ronmark, Hakuen Silverstar(Schola only atm), and Mikeo Amiot. \o/

[18:12] Drasamax Python shouts: • Other things to note in the IEA: The NCO-A should start being taught soon after we get instructors setup to offer and schedule classes.

I had our Armatura Director, Typhon Perun take care of a request I received of expanding on how combat reports are to be correctly done on the forums in Armatura's Module E-1. The update was approved and released through “IEA Staff” notices for Armatura Magisters. Please make sure you updated your materials if you have not.

[18:12] Drasamax Python shouts: Having issues getting a Armatura class? Keep in mind you can simply just ask a Armatura magister for a class if you are having trouble finding one. If that is not the case then please forward your issue(s) to the Armatura Director Typhon Perun, I or Zero Itamae

[18:12] Drasamax Python shouts: Want to be a Magister? Then you can go here and apply! http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/

[18:12] Drasamax Python shouts: That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. :]

-Amendum-

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Final call for reports.

[18:13] Tsume Xiao raises hand for stuff.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Xiao.

[18:15] Tsume Xiao shouts: Related to Terra and IEA: The training tanks now have a rezzer set up and more people are getting qualified to teach the Armored Academy. It is asked that you do not use the training tanks outside of Academy periods, and never in combat. The Aegis was also released a few days ago. Its shiny and powerful. Woo.

|Keynote Topics|

-Meeting Restructures-

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: On a whim last night (literally, at like three in the morning), I started jotting down notes about how to maximize the “protected time” we utilize weekly—the main meeting and the officer meeting. Although I would consider our primary meeting pretty informative and worthwhile, I really want to capitalize on the fact we typically draw an audience of 50+. Going forward, we will really pour a lot of attention into setting the meeting up with a closing keynote that will focus on group improvement topics: we’ve done this off and on before, but some meetings wind up being just a hash of “we did this over the week.” That’s great and all—recaps are important, but we’ll try to keep that down to three or four topics, and close strong with an educational topic.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: The officer meeting, again, is a great opportunity to really maximize the impact of having so many folks in one spot. We will continue to discussing recent events and policy in weekly officer gatherings, but I will also be spending the first portion of each gathering passing out a weekly project to each officer: something that will generally be maintenance, little tasks that I identify that could assist the group. At a base level, it should definitely increase the level of clarity going in to each week, as to what an officer should focus on—sort of a weekly assess/deploy. As part of the assignments, specific officers will be given primary raid and OIC responsibilities.

-Development-

>> New HUD

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: First up, we have a completed base model for the HUD itself. I have rezzed it in front of the podium for all of you to gander at. It’s a great improvement—I really like how it is more “looks like a piece of gear,” rather than a series of buttons. As I understand, now all that we have left to accomplish is to compile all of the parts and deploy it for beta.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: (The two bottons on the bottom, frag and combat, are for information. IE: "FRAG" will light up when you're on "FRAG," so as to avoid "OOPS LOL~ I THOUGHT IT WAS SMOKE." And "COMBAT" will light up when hostiles are on sim.)

[18:23] Bracket Crowley took a snapshot

>> Aegis

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: The Aegis has been a large success. The weapon platform is solid and entertaining. It is a good balance between heavy (armored) armor, and light infantry. It has provided us a good edge in scenarios where a big gun is useful, but armor is impractical. Thank you to everyone involved in keeping that project moving forward. We will be doing some edits to the appearance here in the next couple of days—simply adding some more decals, to give it a more “Ordo” marked appearance.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: The Aegis, for those curious, is definitely a heavy weapon. There is not a training program for it at this time. It is quite possible one will be formed down the road, but in the meantime you are open to unlock and use it without need of additional educational programs.

>> Adjudicator

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: And finally. The Adjudicator is now in progress, so is the new mortar. The latter is somewhere in Acheron's inventory.

-Ventrilo / TS3 Question-

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: The Ventrilo / TS3 poll has concluded. There’s a lean toward TS3, however with a significant number of individuals listed as “impartial.” Thank you for your input, everyone. We will be discussing it and exploring potential servers / any expenses that may be incurred from switching. If the route is manageable and the transition process isn’t tedious, we may go for it in the near future. The big topics now are those transition questions. It is important that it is seemless, so before any final judgements are made, all the grunt work and security would need to be in place.

-Retention and Burnout wareness.-

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Powering on through this week, but this last note is one that I would really like to stress: retention and burnout awareness.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Although our retention levels are rather solid, I would say we most commonly lose folks due to “burnout.” Burnout being, in essence, folks simply overburdening or over-involving themselves to the point of losing a taste for what makes participation fun. This is most prevalent in command positions, based upon the increased responsibility and necessity for more “job like” involvement from them.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Burnout is something we all can and may experience—myself included. Avoiding burnout really comes down to being aware of it and making the choice to step back, take a break, and regain one’s senses. For example, I take routine vacations every few months just to recharge myself. Going forward, it is likely that command roles will have mandatory break periods per quarter: three days off per three months. Three days may not sound like much, but, when folks feel obligated to hold a position and give it their all . . . it’s really therapeutic to take some time just to go run amuck.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: The reason I bring this up is twofold: awareness, and to encourage folks to take their own time off when necessary. Awareness is interwoven in our promotion exams even: the E-2 test talks about knowing when not to make it “too much.” We see it a lot! Folks will join, get excited, binge on Ordo and grind for rank/gear, then hit a brick wall of “omg, too much,” go inactive, and potentially eventually drop out. Know when to step back: do not worry about taking a few days off from Ordo, we aren’t going anywhere.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: This especially goes for those of you in competitive roles: Cohors A, Letalis, Praetorian, Officers (etc). This is why we have a chain of command—simply notify your superiors, your XO, or whomever can support your position in the event of taking a break. Take ‘em often. A couple days here and there will do a world of wonders to recharge your batteries. Do not just push and push. Persistence over time is a lot better than giving 200% for a month, only to get tired out.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: So, in short: do not be afraid to relax from time to time. And, if you’re in a command role, you can likely expect some policy come down the pipe that will mandate need for you to take some time off.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: That said. I believe Guardsman Bleac has something to add.

[18:32] Ron Bleac shouts: Right on.

[18:33] Ron Bleac shouts: I'll make this short.

[18:35] Ron Bleac shouts: We're going to be hitting 2142 after the meeting. But there's a catch. Their meeting is right after ours. We'll spend a good deal of time briefing on their objectives, rules and regulations. There will be two separate briefings, one for command staff and one for the enlisted participating in the raid. Command staff includes upper echelon NCOs, so if you're an E-6 to E-8, feel free to attend. You'll be filled in on the details. We'll be spending roughly an hour discussing an approach to the sim and once permission is given, we'll assault. However, do understand that there IS a chance that our raid will get denied. That's no problem, I'm running through new procedures as an experiment, so it'll all be in good practice either way. I'd appreciate if command staff joined me in the moonbase at exactly 1900. Enlisted and command staff at the Tactica board at 1930. Thank you.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

|Meeting Closer|

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions will be up tomorrow morning. Thank you all for attending. We had a good, solid week with raid leadership. Major kudos to combat leads.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:37] Arokh Takakura slams a claw to his chest with a dull thud. "Imperator Vesperia."

[18:37] Ryu Peng salutes! "For the Fifth And Final, glory to the Imperator."

[18:37] BurrWolf Qin salutes! "For the Glory of the Imperium!"

[18:37] Huttser Ishelwood salutes crisply "Exitus Acta Probat"

[18:37] Blaze Wiles salutes!

[18:37] Tala Spingflower salutes!

[18:37] Hakuen Silverstar salutes!

[18:37] Dascede Aluveaux salutes with a firm clap to the chest, and proclaims. "L'Imperator règne!"

[18:37] Strealok Moskalev salutes. "Death and Glory."

[18:37] Tsume Xiao Salutes

[18:37] Zerowinged Vasiliev presents a clean salute, "Guardsman Vasiliev. . ."

[18:37] Nikki4 Aquitaine salutes.

[18:37] DaveyDarkStrider Oh Salutes! "Hail To The Imperator, Baby!"

[18:37] Dantes Koronikov salutes!

[18:37] Kyra Vixen salutes! "For the glory of the Imperator!"

[18:37] Vinnie Lei salutes. "Ich liebe es wenn ein plan funktioniert.."

[18:37] Jath Andel salutes! "May all things be healed and restored"

[18:37] Drasamax Python salutes!

[18:37] Eriksson Foxtrot salutes, "Death from Above!"

[18:37] Mikeo Amiot salutes!

[18:37] Radryl Allen salutes. "Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus."

[18:37] Akoyo Henusaki salutes!

[18:37] Sebris Montpark: Salutes

[18:37] Ookamiwulf Lemton salutes!

[18:37] Shizzerk Kostolany salutes!

[18:37] Bracket Crowley salutes "Blood and Glory to the Ordo Imperialis!"

[18:37] Typhon Perun salutes, "The immortal emperor is with us, and we are invincible"

[18:37] Constantine Giugiaro salutes! "Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dieing for his country.

[18:37] Constantine Giugiaro: He won it by making the other dumb bastard die for his country."

[18:37] Kurama Bingyi pounds his fist in salute, "Imperium wihae!"

============================================================

>Imperator's Weekly Meeting Report-V.2 Revision MAY2010

***END OF REPORT***

Guest Afevis

From Afevis for Insidiae: We got us some shortbread cookies, Oreos, Chips Ahoy!™, and snickerdoodles, so get those applications in! (Not even going to bother naming all 28 types of girl scout cookies.)

FortuneCookieFactory2-717457.jpg

And many cookies fortune. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.