Clicky

BlackSergal

Serious PSA Announcement

As some of you may or may not be aware, there is a new scam going around.

What happens is you receive a phone call from an official sounding person claiming to be a “Representative of the Court.” Claiming that an injunction has been filed against you by a Mr. Johnson/Insert name here/. They will go on to quote a case number that also sounds official-ish and say a Field Agent has tried to communicate with you, and that you have to contact a “Kevin Ross” right away.

They will leave a phone number to call right away and it’s an 866-220-5225.
Should you call such a number, your phone number will be saved and you’ll be harassed daily by various scammers who will act like a collections agency to collect a lot of money from you.

All of this of course, is a total scam. However, what makes this different is that these are actual human beings calling you, not some obvious computer either. Humans who sound and act genially official and have fooled many people.
I myself have been contacted 2x now, and even I as someone who’s actually involved with working alongside the Law Enforcement Community, was fooled at first. Then I Googled the phone number and full confirmed my suspicions that this whole thing was nothing more than extremely elaborate Scam, and the people perpetrating this need to get cancer and die. Which is exactly what I told the caller when I was contacted 2nd time, right before explaining how they should all self-fornicate.

Who is at risk: Us, being tech-savvy enough to look up phone numbers and uncover Fakey McFakestien for the d-bags that he is, not so much. But who isn’t, is our parents and grandparents.
People who have not fully embraced the magic box that sits on our desks.

They are the ones you should make a casual mention of this.

Edited by Xoza
retagged