Clicky

Krow Ames

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The game actually crashed my GPU. I had to reseat it to get it to work again.

But since it unlocked in Australia before anyone else, I'll give my first impressions.

It's pretty.

The combat is pretty solid.

Voice acting has improved since Oblivion, still kinda poopish though.

Animations have also improved.

It's definitely a console port. The interface is Ffffing horrific for the PC, with every button requiring pinpoint precise clicks to make things work. Thank god they supported the scroll wheel for the inventory though.

It looks like they removed spellmaking and enchanting ala Morrowind/Oblivion, so you can no longer tack any effects you like onto anything you want. This disappoints me.

It all seems very uninspired. I've yet to encounter something that doesn't look like it was lifted from the generic fantasy handbook. Insta-hostile wolves and giant spiders and so on and so forth.

It doesn't look like I'm able to actually reject quests when they're offered to me, I have to accept them or nothing.

The default FoV is an eyesore, but thankfully you can change it easily using the console and "fov 85" or whatever you want.