Clicky

Daeshana Sapeur

01OCT11 - Ordo Weekly Meeting

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

**********Weekly Meeting Log**********

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 310

Cadets: 6

Applications

New: 10

Accepted: 2

Denied: 4

Review: 6

Combat

Defensive: 113

Offensive: 19

Allied Assist: 0

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic report this evening: 39th command submitted an apology and wishes us to reconsider our alliance. We will mull upon it, but as of the moment, they are still to be considered neutral. Otherwise, no major changes to note. Activity is steady across the board. As a side note: I have no pre-typed crud this evening, so enjoy me doing this on the fly. Lol.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: COHORS A:

> A-I, Invictus: Invictus held a training early this week which turned out pretty well, if by chance maverick didn’t hold his training course yet do expect a notice to be sent out fairly soon about him trying to test trial his shotgun lecture. Next week I would like to see more raids participated in so get raiding! DO ART!

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: > A-II, Evalidus: We welcome our newest member, Dresden to your our squad and we would like to remind that we still have slot open. If you are interested please contact either Huttser Ishelwood or Awanken Wasp. Be quick or be square mates, cheerio ! *pinky up tea sip*

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: > A-III, Insidiae: Absolutely nothing going on here. We are just a group of people who blow shit up. Don't look this way, go about your day. Good Job Ordo. Love, Bracket.

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: > A-IV, Praescius: Greeting all, A-4 been fantastically active throughout this week meeting up the requirements for raids. Balling in doing raids and all such. Tiridates has send the picture to both Keller and Agares thanks for both posting on the forums. Next A-4 Telepads are out, the newest A-4 squad gear thats soon going to be issued. Other then that if you want to join A-4 Please speak to Afevis Sodertelge or Ookamiwulf Lemton

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: > A-V, Saevitas: Standard Week for Saevitas other than a possible forecast for Syrup and butter in the future; It has been a pretty standard week. Next week should see the possibilty of new inductation of members within Saevitas.

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: COHORS B: > Pr0wer: Pretty constant week as following the previous weeks that came, not too much to report this week within the centuries but we do have a couple of statements that are needed to be made. As usual, we want to make sure you have the resources to grow so please feel no bother in coming to any of your COs/XOs or Cohor B command if you have any issues or questions in your career path here. Also please do try to keep active if possible and attend century planned events as it takes plenty of time to devise activities! Finally as usual, attend ART on Sundays because it makes Aryte a happy wolf.

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: MISC.: Ensure to participate in ART, as Pr0wer said, otherwise you'll be speaking an entirely different language in combat later down the road.

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's all from me.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:06] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: Our report for this week starts off on a sad note. Rykiana Ferina, second in command of Reapers flight, is going through some very tragic family matters. We wish him well, and hope for his speedy return. Our regular flights have been relatively quiet this week, with a few of our members commited to other more important priorities. In spite of this, Flight Night had a good turn out. Letalis has had a good week this week. Even though Scarlet's video card melted like some crazy woman in her 40s watching Justin Bieber perform, Addison has more than adequately picked up the slack, taking a few raids out as well as hosting some training activities.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: Speaking of training, the massive number of capital ships in the pipes got me thinking the other night about a potential new entrance reform. Current pilots would be unaffected, but the entry reform would require new pilots to first pass orientation training, and then earn basic certification in three "specialty" classes. The classes would be fighters, attackers, and capital ships. Fighters and capital ships are pretty self explanatory. Attackers are one or two crew aircraft designed for air to ground combat. Initial certification for Astra active duty would require basic certification for the Phantom (fighter), Thanatos (attacker), and Liberator (capital). In addition to this, pilots would be required to earn expert certification in at least one path. In the past, Astra has been all about fighter combat, requiring members to be ace pilots before expanding into other areas. With the proliferation of surface to air defenses in Terra, as well as increased allowances for air to ground, I'm of the opinion that w

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: e can back off slightly on our currently mandatory fierce fighter training to the extreme that we do, in order to allow people who may not have otherwise been able to pass that standard to enter Astra and specialize in our support roles. All pilots would still be held to very high fighter performance standards, though, so don't think for a second that we'd be slacking off.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: All of this is still in initial discussion, though, so it likely will change. However, the important thing to note is that we're going to be implementing some changes to make Astra a more welcoming environment for new members. Stay tuned for more.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: That's all from Astra for this week.

[18:08] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Best wishes to Mr. Ferina.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Tretiak?

[18:09] Agares Tretiak shouts: The Praetorian Auxiliary now has an official procedure for being admitted to its ranks. I will be posting it on the forums, under the FAQ in the policy section. The Guard itself has been a bit quiet due to my recent troubles with my video card, but as you can see, I'm back, and we'll be going back to my previous plan of things. That is all for now.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:10] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python.

[18:11] Drasamax Python shouts: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: Some Schola and Armatura classes held this week. Even I dusted off my books and held some Schola ones. Ludi is still quiet but Ludi Deacon Awanken Wasp is trying to collect NCO-A Magister's availbility times to create some sort of more organized teaching schedule. (Hint hint those who still might have not replied to his notice on it.) Otherwise keep up the teaching! :]

[18:11] Drasamax Python shouts: Several new cadets this week in Schola: Nanaki Lordhunter, Gabrielle Kristan, jemima Clowes and Ardarious Resident. Some have been progressing but some are still Phase ones, so Schola Magisters if you can catch them online get this taken care of. There is also a lot of people who still need Armatura classes or Ludi classes that come online almost every day or close to it, so don't forget about them as well.

[18:11] Drasamax Python shouts: I recently put this up today, Zero and I are going to be picking out a new Armatura Commandant(Director) out of our current active Armatura Magisters. I went ahead and posted something to explain the role and narrow down our list if Armatura Magisters post that they are interested and simply make life easier on us. It can be found here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/15076-armatura-armatura-commandantdirector-position-opening/

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Final call for additional reports this evening.

[18:12] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt) raises wing for Munitorum? (Unless Aryte wanted to talk about development or something.)

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Go ahead, Mr. Karlfeldt.

[18:12] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt): Hi, I'm Mark Karlfeldt, the current XO (soon to be CO) of Munitorum. From now on I'll be handling development reports during the general meeting to prevent Aryte bungling up over details.

[18:13] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt): > Astra Covalent PDW & Perseco SMG

It was decided this week that instead of the Perseco replacing the Magpul PDW, it would instead be the machine pistol Mesh model that Hugo Reitveld graciously provided to us. It is currently just about fully scripted, pending animations and testing. It will be using the new unlockable upgrades system to boost attributes like the magazine capacity, accuracy, and the ability to attach a suppressor. Later these upgrades will be managed by the new vendor, but for now, you'll probably have to ask an officer to manually assign them and deduct QP. (http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/15013-in-progress-astra-covelant-pdw/)

[18:13] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt): However, this means that the Perseco needs a new home. As it won't be the replacement for the Magpul, we're looking for another purpose for it to fill. You can view prospective roles and vote on them in the project thread. (http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/15012-in-progress-perseco-smg/)

[18:13] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt): > Praescius Telepads Xoza has been hard at work on producing these, and much to my amazement, he has them near completion in a matter of two weeks. You've probably seen them already being used on Titan and the occasional raid - the blue or red glowing disc on the ground which you can click and teleport around. Or, if you're silly and don't use a Mesh viewer, it's a blob. This will probably be released next week for use in Praescius, but this doesn't mean that if you're not in the squad you'll never get your hands on it - if you have 300 QP to burn, and the express consent of the squad CO (in this case, Afevis), you can unlock it. Do note however that it does require either Medium or Heavy authorisation to deploy, or consent of the OIC. Next step, the Saevitas flamethrower!

[18:13] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt): > Malice Gunship/HUD Update Both still going well in their testing phases. Several bugs with the HUD have been identified and squashed by Tsume, and we're probably going to lop off the extraneous portion of the HUD due to complaints about how difficult it is to place it in other locations on the screen. Other than that, steady as she goes captain.

[18:13] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt): > The Munitorum Forum

After receiving various questions about how people should go about using the new Munitorum forum, I've realised that I wasn't quite clear on what its' purposes are. I'd like something clear - Don't be afraid to post. Everyone has the right to a say on how development is run, and we welcome all input and suggestions. If you have input on a specific ongoing project, please feel free to post it in the respective project thread. If you have a suggestion for an entirely new project, go ahead and post it in the Suggestions subforum. The worst that could come of it is nothing at all.

[18:13] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt): As for developers, please do try to make the occasional status update post on whatever project you're currently working on. Even if it's "Still in testing, fixed X and Y.", it still lets people know that the project is making progress.

[18:14] Markpuff (mark.karlfeldt): Finally, I'm considering forming a union and going on strike for fairer working conditions with less people threatening to do me bodily harm and/or lock me away in dark places. That is all.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Very thorough. As a note: Munitorum will be handling the weekly "Development" update henceforth.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: All righty, moving right along. Not a great deal to go over this evening, partly as I barely had time to see how many raids we had, let alone firm up topics. Haha.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: NEVERTHELESS . .

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: First up:

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: > Reminder on Intentional Friendly Fire

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Team killing, whether out of jest our malice, is not acceptable under any condition outside of training. This is something you are all quite aware of. So let's stop having, y'know . . "chase X member around with a baton, oops I killed 2 other people while trying to kill him."

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Or.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: "I blew myself up with a detpack, but since it was, y'know, inside the base, it took out two other people too."

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: If you want to kill eachother, we have both Chronus and the killhouse to accomodate. Failing that, host a raid or a training.

[18:18] Agares Tretiak: (Or NJ)

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: I've been rather lenient on it as of late in the spirt of taking it in jest, but I definitely do not want to see it spiral. It's a base level regulation that must be followed, even if the parties mutually involved intend to play around. Other folks wind up in the cross fire.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: That said. I won't be permitting leniency on it any further. This is the blanket warning~

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Next up . .

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: > Military Expo

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: As a foreword, a big thank you to everyone involved in getting it set up. We hopped into it really last minute and still managed a pretty awesome display.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Major kudos-- Nikki, Tsume, Agares. Forgive me if I am forgetting anyone.

[18:21] Agares Tretiak: Kristian.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Noted.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, I'd encourge everyone to go check out the expo. Especially to support the host, Markulio. He's footing the bill for the sim and purchased it solely for this expo. Very cool of him.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Encourage, rather.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: However, I do warn folks . . it's crawling with trolls and people who generally just don't like us. It was griefed pretty hard core yesterday. So just keep an eye out and avoid entertaining people trying to pick fun at you.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Next:

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: > Raid Leadership

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Two parts to mention. First: someone brought it up to me yesterday that having raid classes would be awesome. And I agree. I used to teach them, but ART has really taken that time away from me. As such, I don't foresee any raid classes starting in the near future.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: I do invite my accomplished raid leaders to take the task, if they so wish. I'd be happy to help. Otherwise, I do encourage anyone interested in raid leadership to simply give it a shot.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: The first time is always scary, but you'll quickly get the hang of it. Take a mentor with you--whether that's myself or another raid lead. I'm always willing to lend a hand if time permits.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: The best training for raid command is to /lead raids/. Class can only teach you so much. Go get your hands dirty. Our policies are structured in a way to protect you, especially if you're a new raid lead. Gaining approval as an NCO ensures you have an officer who can back you up.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: So, again. Get out there. Have fun. Expend all your options if things get rough. Don't be scared-- although you should aim and strive for victory (call in that officer if things look bad), you won't be flogged if you don't "win."

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions about that?

[18:28] Daeshana Sapeur raises her hand.

[18:29] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Sapeur?

[18:29] Daeshana Sapeur: Does that extend to numerii who wish to try out leading a raid in New Jessie as well?

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: With proper approval, sure.

[18:29] Tandem (zerowinged.vasiliev) raises a hand.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Tretiak?

[18:30] Agares Tretiak shouts: Don't be afraid to ask other officers about tips, guidance, or oversight. I'm pretty sure many would be willing to assist you, but we can't do so if you don't ask!

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Definitely.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Vasiliev?

[18:31] Tandem (zerowinged.vasiliev) shouts: More of a cooment on Daeshana's question. If you need someone to watch over that, let me know - will be right there if I am available. As Agares said, ask officers to overlook as well.

[18:31] Tandem (zerowinged.vasiliev) shouts: comment*, rather.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome, thank you.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: All righty, moving on.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: > ART Session

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you to Terra for pimpin' out my ART classes.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: On another note, a big shout out to the first Tier 3 class graduation last week. We had a strong turn out and a great session. So thank you to everyone who came and participated.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: As Terra noted: please do participate. ART is becoming the norm, rather than exception. The materials are critical to know, especially if you're seeking membership in an elite unit. Tomorrow at 5:00 will be your next opportunity to participate. So come on out and have fun with us. :]

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd lastly:

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: > Keynote - Development

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: It is important to take into consideration the situations under which our development group primarily works in. For many, it would likely be a concept that is largely overlooked—our developers are a pretty unsung group of heroes. The intent of this discussion shall be to point out the elements of Munitorum that are not quite apparent.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, we must considering the reality of development: our team works out of the goodness of their heart. Each individual is entirely volunteer and seeks compensation only through group means—quality points, demonstrations of commitment, etc. Each developer donates a great deal of time and effort without receiving a dime of real “pay.” On some occasions, an individual could easily devote over a dozen man hours on a project—spending their own funds on uploads, texture tweaks (etc)—only to find the element in a queue for weeks.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Developers are managed relatively loosely by a Munitorum management system, which allocates resources and maintains a basic understanding of quality. On top of that, Munitorum management ensures distribution of work to ensure members aren’t overburdened.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: To be realistic, Munitorum works on a needs based contract and, for all intensive purposes, answer only to their direct management and the Imperator. As such, it is not a requirement or necessary in any sense for developers to entertain or put up with critique of their work by those outside of that hierarchy. Beta examinations excluded. By that, I mean: every contribution deserves equal respect. If it is accepted for Ordo use, it has passed our base metrics.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: There is no room to down talk developers or speak ill of their development: without Munitorum’s selflessness, we would be no where close to where we are today. Every developer, no matter their skill, deserves respect and reverence. It is not an easy task to give up your free time to build pretty things without monetary compensation, when, given the commercial market . . . same pretty things could turn a profit. Developers are, in every sense of the matter, some of the most dedicated and devoted people we have.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: As such, I remind everyone to be grateful for the contributions we receive. Regardless of personal opinion on how something looks or performs, it is still someone’s hard work, donated selflessly to the group. You can, of course, raise concern to the proper channels if concern exists—the proper channels are Munitorum’s CO or XO, or the Imperator. What shouldn’t be occurring, however, is sitting around muttering how “X” could be done “this way” or “this would be better.” It’s demeaning to their intent to assist and undermines their desire to contribute further.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: In short. Respect our developers, or learn how to do it yourself. Haha.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: That said. Thank you all for coming this evening and humoring me as I fast type this. It's been a good week. Surprising that our activity has been so high-- but I'm not complaining. Keep up the good work. Let's keep pushing those raid numbers up and keep the momentum high. Promotions will be up tomorrow, per the norm. I'll be around for the majority of the evening, but I need to run off and grab some food here after the meeting.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Go beat up the AN or somethin'.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: As always, thank you for your time.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed!

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

~As quoth by my hand on the First of October, 2011~

==End of Log==

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.