Clicky

George Reisman

Why do you love Ordo?

Guest Ruin Nefarious

The opportunity to meet and interact with individuals of such an excellent quality. Additionally, the challenges that come with a station of command-- it has helped me immensely in my profession.

I love Ordo because of the environment and everyone works together as close friends and family. We shared hardships and good times not only in Second Life. I can always count fellow Ordo members for anything bugging me or I need some advice with anything. I can be who I want to be; me.

I'm just trying to find the secret to Arytes Luxurious hair.

No really, I love Ordo because of the people. Eriksson, Pr0wer, Aryte, Ron, Tala, I guess Stirn. If it wasn't for them I don't really know where I would be right now as they helped me with a lot rl issues. You guys are the best, even though some of you are disabled mountaineers. <3

Having been on SL so long.. I see nothing in my usual communities except drama, stagnation, decay, and a slow withering death.

When I found Ordo.. and what I still see and more importantly feel and experience every day...

...is activity. Ordo ALONE is more active than any community I've ever been part of on SL.

...is a drama-free existence. We may have drama from third party groups, BUT we know to deal and cope with it. Internally, we have little public and earth-shattering drama that we dont process in a manner as effecient and effective as we process the third party caused drama.

...is a real, properly organized, smoothly functioning military. I should have enlisted in RL, and did try. Declined becuase of a childhood illness. SO this is the closest I will ever get to the very thing all aptitude tests had as 9 out of 10 results for me; enlisted in the military.

...is professionalism and a sense of maturity. There are people I am not particularly inclined to call friends.. just as I am sure I am that in turn for some people within Ordo. BUT we know how to work together, keeping those sentiments set aside, doing our jobs for the Ordo FIRST.

...is a group and community that really is here to provide a fun experience for us, while asking for a VERY easily attainable minimum. Ordo is fun period. Be it raids, defenses, even training others or recieving training myself is fun for me. And then we get into the outside SL games alot of Ordo play together. And what does Ordo ask of me? I answer calls for defense, I achieve a minimum raid requirement (which I try and surpass to meet my own set minimum requirement), I be available to train people whenever requested/needed (the trick is getting them online half the time. too many Schola cadets have just vanished)

...is growth and development. Whenever I have gone into a community in the past, I saw things that needed imporovement, needed growth. This forced me to step up, offer to help, volunteer to do the work necessary. Most communities I have been with accepted this. And turned me into a workhorse. I would overwork, spending all my time working on rules, regulations, builds, setting info, etc. Infact it literaly would be all my time without any counter balances. And I would burn out, grow to have a distaste for that community, and leave. And then soon after, the community fails, and all I did was lost anyways. Ordo is the first place.. where I dont see anywhere I can really offer my help that someone more experienced/skilled isnt already helping. Ordo is a boat where my paddle is just keeping us moving, I don't have to carve the river itself for once. And it feels good.

...Ordo is my newfound family. Plain and simple. There are some I am less than fond of. But they are family. There are some I adore. And they are family. There are some I spend alot of time with, and they are family. And there are some I rarely see. But they are family. Becuase I have their back. They have mine. Even the ones I meet for the first time, I know we stand together. We live together. We die together (in a more proverbial sense). We grow together, and we will stagnate together. We are Legion. The family of the Ordo.

And no I've never really thought of why I love Ordo. These are just a few reasons off the top of my head. BUT I do love Ordo. I would step up and put myself on the line for Ordo.. if it were ever needed of me. I would rise to the call, if one were issued for me, in any way needed. And I do. Every day.

I am Ordo for life. Even when Ordo ceases to exist many many years from now. The ideals, the bonds, and the things I have learned here, have already reshaped me in ways that cannot be undone. And I never want them to be.