Clicky

DamionStJames Webb

Ordo in Sparta Throneroom

OK EVERYONE DONT WORRY I REWROTE SPARTAN HISTORY TO MAKE IT FIT

* clears throat*

It is an alternate universe, the year is 3125, where the people of Sparta have been exiled from Earth after a long and terrible war with the other nations of Earth. Forced into exile, the Spartans left in a fleet of giant spaceships, but not before making one last show of power: In leaving Earth, Sparta tore Mt. Olympus from the ground, and turned it into their mothership. For decades the Spartans travelled the cosmos, seeking a new planet to call their own. They found one, similiar to Earth, which the Spartans christened New Sparta. Mt. Olympus, finally landed on New Sparta, now serves as the main area that New Sparta's capitol city, Sparta II, now resides. In having colonized this new world, the Spartans prospered; not warring anymore, but instead living in peace. However, this peace was to be short-lived. The united governments of Earth decided that Sparta was still too great a threat, and feared that they would one day return to wreck terrible vengeance upon the planet that had forced it out. To alleviate their fears, the people of Earth have sent a multi-national space force to hunt down and destroy the Spartans. At the head of this mighty fleet is the Ordo Imperialis, known for their Imperial Roman rule, and sworn enemies to Sparta. It seemed that there would be no warning to Sparta, no way for the now peaceful people to know of this incoming death. But then he found out there was a ban button and now spartan's play ping pong to make the days go by

Bruno Ziskey wrote:

Yeah and that server of yours is called Athena...lets face it, Romans stole their religion from Greece....you're like our bastardized children...and as your father I am very disappointed...now off to your room, and NO COMPUTER!

Well, using the Greek Goddess of Wisdom (and also to some degree, war) is better than how you'd treat the old dame.

Also, the Roman state religion was more pomp, circumstance, and ornamental. Admittedly, certain parts were given credence as fact (oracles, seers, festivals, and the gods of hearth and home) but they assembled their pantheon of deities from a variety of sources. Ishtar, for instance, or Janus, both of whom where not indigenous to the Romans. Thing is, Bruno... the Romans took even the gods of their conquered subjects. Their very -gods-.

Furthermore, Rome traditionally got it's origins from people who survived Troy, the ancestors of Aeneas, who settled with the Latians of the Italian peninsula.

More accurately, there may be some credence to this, which would explain a number of the Hellenistic influences. Also, of course, Greece was at one point the controller of the Med ( for the most part). But that was under Athens, rather than Sparta, Bruno. The Aetolian League. After the fall of Athens, Greece found itself with gradually more and more insular colonies. And in the end, Rome controlled more of the world, longer, than Greece ever did, because it united, where as Greece was comprised of warring city-states that generally didn't get along too well. It took a Macedonian, hardly someone who was Greek, to unite and control the city-states, and that fell to pieces after he died. At least Rome had the grace to impregnate more of the world with it's thoughts, and then recede quietly into oblivion, only to rise over and over again in newer empires.

So yeah. Don't lecture us on history.

Vegna Fouroux wrote:

Can't we all just agree that Sparta and Rome were epic in their respective ways ? ^__^

i agree and i also want to get back on topic since spartans and roman were both epic but have nothing to do with with our sl groups. your sl army can have a nice theme or being based on great things and still fail so i personally consider arguements as "my army is better than yours because they pwnd you inrl"as invalid. And yeah i know i used them myself but i wasn't the one starting about anyway.

Well personally i always enjoyed combat with spartans and no matter how often bruno says i am lying. i heard from many spartans that they enjoyed it as well.I often wonder how your men can be that relaxed while bruno himself hates us more than anything else.

Vegna Fouroux wrote:

"Milites Ordem est stulti" means The soldiers of the ordo are idiots ;_; exactly how did you concoct sparta failing out of that? You need some Latin lessons I shall happily educate you (:

and good sir above i think you'll find it was the Achean league who had the Sparta state at that point INDEED not the Aetolians (although in their natural territory). And Rome wasn't a united force, the romans didn't have a proper army until the reforms of marius which was much much much after Rome's founding (Marius incidentally led rome into a civil war(s) ) there was constant bickering until the Imperium days, where tyrants (be they benovolent or otherwise) reigned. and Greece influenced the Romans immeasurably! don't downplay it

"Conquered Greece,in turn conquered its rustic conqueror."

but for my final point on this lovely historical matter Rome suffered some horrible defeats in her time and with exception of the actual fall of rome to the barbarians the largest defeat a Roman army ever received was at the hands of a Spartan Mercinary working for the carthaginians. He sprung a surprise on two Pro-consular Roman armies marching to take out Hamilcar Barca (the great Hannibals father) during the 1st Punic war. Name of Xanthippus. He was later to win great reknown in the 2nd punic war.

==actual final point===

But yeah rome was indeed a mighty power no denying that. But also very dishonorable. Jugurtha a numidian prince who fought with and later against the Romans once said "Rome is a city for sale" (right after he bribed three roman generals and bribed a roman court). Also when the Romans were putting down insurrections in Spain minorus they had particular trouble dealing with a guerilla general (his name escapes me I shall edit later) so they bribed his allies (other spaniards) to ask him to a sort of "council of war" whereupon he was captured and starved to death in a Roman jail.

Can't we all just agree that Sparta and Rome were epic in their respective ways ? ^__^

Translation: "I cannot spell or assemble a coherent argument without first butchering the grammar thoroughly."

Macedonia_and_the_Aegean_World_c.200.png

Furthermore, I realize Rome lost a number of battles. However, its general military dominance is hard to ignore, in comparison to Greece's, which fell to pieces. Who can forget that Hannibal led troops into the very heart of Italy and waged war until Rome could muster the forces to come and defeat his men? But defeat them, Rome did. If you want to be an epic enemy of Rome, look at Carthage.

Naturally, this is academic, but the fact of the matter remains that some of your history seems more than a bit spotty.

As to Aryte not being the Imperator: all I can say is "Are you dense? Are you stupid or something? He's the goddamn Batman." He is very much a general, from what I've seen... being one of his personal guards and all.

Vegna Fouroux wrote:

And finally Bruno is a king IN SL, Aryte is an imperator IN SL. I meant it in an rl sense knowing that Xang was trying to insinuate Bruno had the delusion of a king's power in real life..

He seems to think he is a king irl also. IE he acts like he is the king of secondlife.wikia.com. Well on that site he is only the king of bad grammar if anything. Also he is the king of nothing on this forum. Basically imo he seems like a guy with real delusions of grandure.

So basically he can be the King of Sparta in SL, but not on the web or RL.

Edit: btw... IRL his only throne is his toilet. Now get to cleaning it.