Clicky

Scarlet Flaks

Blacklight: Retribution

Just to clarify, by MMOFPS do you mean another one of those FPS games that has an item store and 32 player matches or an actual persistent world?

MMOFPS as in item store and 8/16/31 player matches.

But, it's very very different. Extremely well made. The level and depth of how much you can customize is Ffffing incredible, likewise the game engine is optimized to a point that even on my onboard video without a videocard installed, I can run it at about 20fps on the lowest settings, and visually it still looks incredible.

The one thing I enjoyed most about Blacklight was the combat, and the sheer extent of customization it offered. Certainly, some setups were so distinctively over-powered that they were beyond ridiculous, and the community completely died out thanks to GWFL being a complete and total pain. That and the lack of variety / sounds with the weapons became incredibly monotonous after awhile (and the only one which sounded powerful was the weak-ass LMG).

That said, I want in. :[

Also what kind of name is Sniper Foxglove.

I always loved the design aesthetic of Blacklight Tango Down. Weapons and armor were both really cool, even if a bit limiting to a point. BTD was mostly a failure because it wasn't really difficult and really didn't provide much variety in gametypes.

And is that a female soldier I see?? :O Can't wait to get my hands on this. Also that video said Winter? Wonder if he meant this winter...

My character is female, it's a lot less bulky and looks cooler. The one in the video above is male.

And yes, Winter 2011. It should be released in-full before the end of the year.

One thing to brace for is the amount of bunny-hopping and semi-automatic rifles that do one-hit kills. Outside of that it's exactly like B:TD, which is still one of my most favorite FPS's, ever-ever-ever.

I liked it, and the customization was fun, but what it came down to on barrels, stocks, magazines, etc, is you either had a fast firing SMG or a DMR in semi. Less damage, faster firing, less accuracy or really accurate, powerful shots. Everything else in between you could class as an assault rifle somewhere, but there were very obvious extremes. The grenades were probably the coolest innovation, but the blacklight mode thing where you can see enemies lasted too short and didn't regen fast enough to be terribly useful most of the time.

Lol they made the chest look WAY to similar to our UCA set

EDIT: ok lets rephrase this for people who want to take it the wrong way... not once did the words "stolen", "copied", or "taken" get used... so stfu.... also was just trying to point out it looks kind of like our armor which is cool (just the chest part) and i support it 100% and its design wherever it originated . game looks pretty bad ass and ill be playing it when the beta is over and its released to everyone.

IeMTW.png