Clicky

Vesper Akiri

Christoph did a derp~

So, from a trusted source of information I recently found out that someone from Russia is currently pressing charges (And, are using the fullest extent of the law they can from the Russian Federation).

So, whats happened?

Well, you know that nice shiny new armor they have?

snapshot005md.png

Well, it seems that christoph didn't quite make this armor....and how do I know this?

14349-1-1284412930.jpg

http://fallout3nexus...le.php?id=14349

Look familliar? Thats right, Christoph has directly ripped armor from fallout3nexus.com and then uploaded it claiming it was his own creation, some eagle eye'd members on secondlife spot this and did what anyone would do who knew christoph....reported it right away to the content creator.

As you could expect the typical excuse came across of "I made this first", but that was soon proven to be complete bs.

So, expect VG to be dead soon from this, if these charges are pushed forward against christoph, he's going to be getting quite a large fine for it.

Update:

Christoph has changed his excuse, now claiming ignorant to the fact this was copied and is pinning the blame on a builder he coincidently comissioned.

@Burr: He also tried to claim he took it from an anime, though as you can probably tell, this excuse failed as the model that was copied was the one on the nexus site, which is copyrighted to the creator.

How can you copyright something you have no intellectual property claim to?

Edit: (Previous info was derp) The original creator on the nexus site, created it from scratch for use in fallout 3, as such intellectual property of that particular model belongs to the creator even though its based off something else.

Simply put, he's copyrighted the mesh model, not the idea.

Let's not get too excited here. While it's wrong in every sense to rip off property and claim it as your own, the fullest extent of the law when it comes down to things like this really isn't that much, especially in Eastern bloc countries. How do I know? I'm from one. He likely isn't going to have to pay any fines and because the person pressing charges doesn't have the funds to actively persecute, they'll have to settle on having LL remove it and remove Christoph's ability to upload mesh.

The issue isnt the anime the original idea is from, I made them a variant of that myself. The issue is that they uploaded a 100% copy (minus a few objects they likely didnt notice or know to add) and slapped a VG icon on it.

1000 Resident was the uploader, it is mandatory to have payment info on file to upload mesh. We will see who that is exactly when that member of VG with their payment info piecing themselves in a nice bundle of dumbass between the two accounts gets them suspended, banned, or simply just mesh rights removed. Because of the scale of distribution Id imagine more than just mesh removal though

It is essentially the same model, aside from the rivulets / venting on the neck piece in the Fallout version (which likely was omitted - the texture around said neck piece is identical to the FO version).

VG's response was to somehow get the creator onto their TeamSpeak, and now it's 'all taken care of'. Not sure whether they're referring to 1000 or the actual Russian-speaking creator.

And yes Shizz, that's the model you paid for. You paid Christoph to have a 'friend' rip content from a video game and upload it as 'his own'. I'd be pretty pissed / wondering what my money's actually paying for if I was a VG trooper.