Clicky

fatalitywolf firehawk

recognizing languages

ok this is to help you recognizing languages at a glance.

Afrikaans : hallo

Albanian : përshëndetje

Arabic: مرحبا

Armenian: ալլո

Azerbaijani: salam

Basque: kaixo

Belarusian: прывітанне

Bengali: ওহে

Bulgarian: здравей

Catalan: Hola

Chinese(simple) : 您好

Chinese(traditional): 您好

Croatian: bok

Czech: ahoj

Danish: Hej

Dutch: hallo

English: hello

Estonian: tere

Filipino: kumusta

Finnish: hei

French: bonjour

Galicain: Ola

Georgain: მიესალმები

German: hallo

Greek: Γεια σας

Gujarati: હેલ્લો

Haitian Creole : alo

Hebrew: שלום

HIndi: नमस्ते

Hungarian: szia

Icelandic: halló

Indonesian: halo

Irish: dia duit

Italian: ciao

Japanese: こんにちは

Kannada: ಏಲ್ಲಾದರೂ

Korean: 안녕하세요

Latin: Lorem

Latvian: sveiki

Lithuanian: Sveiki

Macedonian: Здраво

Malay: hello

Maltese: bonjour

Norwegian: hei

Persian: سلام

Polish: cześć

Portugese: Olá

Romanian: Alo

Russian: привет

Sebrian: здраво

Slovak: ahoj

Slovenian: zdravo

Spanish: ¡Hola

Swahili: hodi

Swedish: hej

Tamil: ஹலோ

Telugu: దూరంగా ఉండేవారిని పిలుచుటకు వాడే ఓ శబ్ధ విశేషము

Thai: สวัสดี

Turkish: merhaba

Ukrainian: привіт

Urdu: خوش

Vietnamese: xin chào

Welsh: helo

Yiddish: אַ גוט יאָר

hope this help if see anything wrong post it and i will change it

It's considered a polite greeting, even if it's vulgar.

I swear, I'm not kidding. Ask Awanken.

It's one of the most polite ways to greet someone even though it might sound vulgar. Besides it being a greeting, it's almost like multipurpose way of saying "You have my uttermost respect. Please, come live at my place anytime, eat my food, drink my drinks and please have sex with my wife. What is mine is also yours"

I like how everything is pretty short and then you get to

Telugu: దూరంగా ఉండేవారిని పిలుచుటకు వాడే ఓ శబ్ధ విశేషము

which is like a long line of flowery alien language. good times.

Telugu is a inflection heavy dravidic language based on sanskrit. Which, if you know linguistics, probably would explain the extremely long form you saw. In particular, I bet this is the formalized form of Telugu, which has diglossia (A formal, official form and set of grammatical rules used mostly for religion and government and a 'vulgate' used in informal settings, like on the street, in the house, or in different regions).

It's from India.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Also, it is not at all nice, Ron. It's like me trying to convince you that "pendejo" in Spanish is a polite term, rather than one that will get you beaten to death. It has a wide range of meanings (pendejo), but all are highly insulting.

Anyone know something better than google translate, that is a little more accurate. This morning we had a lonewolf come in that knew maybe upwards of 20 words of english and the rest japanese and was incredibly hard to comm with him as you can see , he tried to enter armed many times and even let off a few rounds which lead intot he following conversation--->

[05:39] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): 停止または撃たれる ---> (Stop or be shot)

[05:40] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): あなたが入力する許可を求める必要があります --> (You must seek permission to enter your)

[05:40] SurfnTurf Paule: どうすれば? ---> (How do I?)

[05:41] SurfnTurf Paule: どうすれば入れる? ---< (How do I put?)

[05:41] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): オオカミを尋ねる ---> (Asked the wolf)

[05:41] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): can i enter ?

[05:41] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): それを言う ---> (Say it )

[05:41] SurfnTurf Paule: can i enter ?

[05:42] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): wolfbiteと呼ばれる人を求める ---> (ask people called wolfbite)

[05:43] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): 申し訳ありません悪い日本人、私はトランスレータを使用する必要があります ---> (Japanese bad Sorry, I need to use a translator)

[05:43] SurfnTurf Paule: はい ---> (Yes)

[05:44] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): あなたの武器にしてください削除 ---> (Please remove your weapon and then)

[05:44] SurfnTurf Paule: I would like to go into inside.

[05:45] SurfnTurf Paule: It does not have arms.

((he still had his weapon attached))

[05:46] SurfnTurf Paule: Since it is a good building, I would like to see inside.

[05:46] Rykiana Ferina: あなたの訪問を拒否されました ---> (Your visit is denied )

[05:46] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): コマンドによる --- > (By command)

[05:46] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): ソーリー ---> (sorry)

[05:47] SurfnTurf Paule: It is not bad.

[05:47] SurfnTurf Paule: 何故?---> (Why?)

[05:48] SurfnTurf Paule: Coward

[05:48] Ryk (rykiana.ferina): 我々はあなたと通信するために苦労するので、それはです -----> (As we struggle to communicate with you, it is)

[05:48] SurfnTurf Paule: 話さなくて良い ---> (I ever speaking )

Then he attacked, wasnt sure if it was something in the translations or how long it was taking to translate, but yeah....anyone know of a better more accurate one than google translate ?

You were very likely speaking utter gibberish to him.

Japanese is context heavy, tonal, and has very few inflections if I remember correctly. I believe proper structure for a better translation to disarm would have to be structured in English this way:

gun remove please

(verbs must be structured to go at the end of the phrase)

銃削除はしてください

This is overly simplified, but understandable, you'll probably find. There's no way to easily indicate "we" or a plural "you" in Japanese, once again due to context. It's difficult to be direct in reference to almost anything referring to a single individual without building plaudits and honorifics around the name first, or other highly formal, polite terms.

In this case, and most hard translations, if you keep it simple and to the point with the occasional polite modifier (please, thank you, no thank you, yes please) you'll find most people respond better, even if it's obvious you're not a native speaker.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Japanese_phrasebook#b might also help

Telugu is a inflection heavy dravidic language based on sanskrit. Which, if you know linguistics, probably would explain the extremely long form you saw. In particular, I bet this is the formalized form of Telugu, which has diglossia (A formal, official form and set of grammatical rules used mostly for religion and government and a 'vulgate' used in informal settings, like on the street, in the house, or in different regions).

It's from India.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Also, it is not at all nice, Ron. It's like me trying to convince you that "pendejo" in Spanish is a polite term, rather than one that will get you beaten to death. It has a wide range of meanings (pendejo), but all are highly insulting.

You've just been told by two Finns that the expression while vulgar is an acceptable greeting. I think the two of us know much more about our own language than you do, thanks.

You've just been told by two Finns that the expression while vulgar is an acceptable greeting. I think the two of us know much more about our own language than you do, thanks.

Wait, it's for-real-no-joke acceptable to greet someone in Finland with "Ffff off?"

That's. I don't even.

:awesome: