Clicky

Guest Afevis

Command & Conquer: Generals 2

Since Red Alert 2, every C&C game i've played except Generals has been a pile of shit. I hope they can recreate what it once was. It definitely looks pretty. :D

Agreed, RA 1 / 2, Generals and its Expansion's have been the only ones I've enjoyed. All the others I'll play for, maybe an hour?

Red alert 3 was good. >:[ Granted it wasnt ZOMG AMAZING, but it was good.

the main command and conquer series went downhill after tiberian sun,

generals was an off-shoot. Similar to red alert in being its own series in the umbrella of "command and conquer"

Edited by Disembodied Hand

Similar to red alert in being its own series in the umbrella of "command and conquer"

Red Alert is some messed up umbrella that wasn't really supposed to be. The original red alert was supposed to be a prequel to the tiberium games. . They were originally going to tie in RA with Tiberium in Renegade 2 (the red alert version of renegade), however with the EA purchase that was pretty much scrapped. Then it just got silly with each new game being non-canon in the RA series itself lol.

Considering the groups, time period, weaponry, and everything is completely different in red alert vs the standard tiberium series I dont see that being true :P

Really the only common factor in red alert and the tiberium series is the fact that the cash monies in red alert is still tiberium ore. Hell the original C&C wasnt all that far in the future and would already be a plot hole if tied with RA :P

each series has its own canon, RA is pretty linear with itself, That and the plot line / acting in C&C has always been fairly intentionally 'campy' and corny.

Tiberium series: NOD, GDI, and now those aliens (ugh)

Red alert: Allied Forces, Russia, now Japan

Generals: "allied forces", PLA, Terrorists that i cant remember what they were named

Edit: Also renegade was suuuuuuuuch trash.

Well, canon wise, the series goes as follows. RA1, RA2, Renegade 2, TD/Renegade, TS, FS, KW(debatable), CNC3, KW(debatable), CNC4 (which I really don't count as canon imo). RA3 is well... RA3.

CNC3, KW and CNC4 are debatable as well, since they forgot that the whole world was pretty much a redzone in TS/FS

Edit: I'll make a diagram later

Edited by Afevis

thats roughly right, and RA2 and 3 fit into the RA canon not necessarily the command and conquer series in general. There are a few "alternate universe" style things going on with games like RA2 because of chronojumping and various other shit

CNC4 also fit into the CNC canon it was just took a really weird direction in comparison to previous writers.

^ pretty much the reason. End of Nations is more MMORTS but its obviously gunna be a chunk of C&C sales.

Im upset about this because free means no/limited single player.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/free/

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjZEInQZA0c&feature=player_embedded

The upside is it looks really good. Frostbite 2 may prove to be effective RTS as well as FPS engine.

So... I guess this won't be our second installment of the Generals series.. it'll just be another multiplier free access game..? Lost my interest too but signed up for beta anyway.

With the first, I actually thought it was heavier aimed for multiplier, just because of the name.