Clicky

COMING THIS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY...

On December 25th, as we will be closed for festivities, I have gotten the approval from Aryte to host a new type of event which will be known as the Ordo Gran Prix.

The Grand Prix will consist of a tournament of racing around Titan on pocket bikes.

The tournament structure will be of an elimination bracket with the top two advancing until only one winner emerges!*

More importantly, there will be prizes!

Prizes will include both the winner's choice of product from any company owned by an Ordo member (Ex. Titan industries, Defectiva!, Ironsight Armaments, Forge, etc) as well as QP.

1st Place: QP** + Two Store Items

2nd Place: QP** + One Store Item

3rd Place: QP**

----------Information----------

-Official Vehicle will be provided. No other vehicles may be used.

-Time of event will be based on what time of day is best for all the Ordo people.

-Vehicle rezzer will be placed a minimum of 1 hour before race start time to allow for riders to familiarize themselves with the motorcycles if they so choose.

-Formal rules regarding track behavior will be provided at event start.

-*Format may change if not enough people show to make an elimination bracket feasible.

-**QP amount is to be determined by Aryte. He just said we could offer QP as prizes, not how much.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING PLEASE POST WITH THE BEST RANGE OF TIMES THAT WORKS FOR YOU.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYzidMqq4o

Since I doubt any large group of people will be online at the same time on sunday, can I make a suggestion?

Script a stopwatch. Milliseconds, seconds, minutes. Start, stop, reset commands.

Then let anyone who wants to participate, do so individually. Time them. record it. It DOES loose alot of the atmosphere of a grand prix I agree, BUT, it allows the event to occur in some way despite everyones schedual that day.

When there ARE multiple people on sim at once.. they can engage in more.. Mario Kart like activities in the spirit of the event. Hell, a special gun scripted for 5 LCS damage would really help that atmosphere... maybe even find a way to make it fire koopa shells if theres time.

I would like to participate, BUT I have no idea what my schedual is that day. Are hte bikes being given out or do we need to obtain them ourselves?

Are hte bikes being given out or do we need to obtain them ourselves?

----------Information----------

-Official Vehicle will be provided. No other vehicles may be used.

-Time of event will be based on what time of day is best for all the Ordo people.

-Vehicle rezzer will be placed a minimum of 1 hour before race start time to allow for riders to familiarize themselves with the motorcycles if they so choose.

-Formal rules regarding track behavior will be provided at event start.

-*Format may change if not enough people show to make an elimination bracket feasible.

-**QP amount is to be determined by Aryte. He just said we could offer QP as prizes, not how much.

Since I doubt any large group of people will be online at the same time on sunday, can I make a suggestion?

Script a stopwatch. Milliseconds, seconds, minutes. Start, stop, reset commands.

Then let anyone who wants to participate, do so individually. Time them. record it. It DOES loose alot of the atmosphere of a grand prix I agree, BUT, it allows the event to occur in some way despite everyones schedual that day.

The problem is I do not feel it would be easy to keep clearing people off the road for each time someone randomly says they would like to go for a run. I will however get a stopwatch script ready and have this idea set up as a worst case scenario. I would much prefer to do standard races, but a time trial would work well if the former is not possible.

Edited by Tsume Xiao

ATTENTION

FINAL RACE FORMAT DECIDED

Due to having both today and tomorrow off, I have decided that the best way to allow the most people to participate while still keep the race feel will be to use Timed Heats.

This format is essentially a standard bracket, but time will be kept for each race. The winner of the competition will be based on which of the highest ranking racers have the lowest average time around the track.

This method allows us to have the race on multiple days, but to also keep the multi-person race feel.

Today's heats will begin at approximately 1PM SLT. I will have the course set up and the bike rezzer out prior to that so participants can get used to how the bikes feel and handle (plus they are just fun as Ffff to ride :3 )

IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING EITHER DAY PLEASE POST BELOW!

Edited by Tsume Xiao

---Winners---

1st: Zerowinged

2nd:Shizzerk

3rd: Ookamiwulf

Randomly Chosen Door Prize: Drasamax

I will contact you about claiming your prize(s).

---Rankings and Times---

Zerowinged: 4.08.768

Shiz: 4.17.435

Ookami: 4.17.871

Hoku: 4.37.572

Lanny: 4.43.031

Riff: 4.44.82

Ron: 5.02.523

Benchmark: 5.03.151

Drasa: 5.09.450

Sebris: 5.10.353

Intus: 5.12.400

Ethan: 5.29.684

Wolfbite: 5.45.704

Awanken: 6.47.514

Ron*: 7.19.12

---Notes---

-Special thanks to those who participated. I was admittedly getting worried when there seemed to be so little interest. D:

-Ron was given a second try after we realized he had a second game running in the background which is why he was derping all over the place. Deal with it. :D

-Next time I will build a vehicle I can control the parameters for, because some people used only low gear, some were silly and used only high, and some shifted through the gears as I had intended.

-Next time I may limit the time people can "practice" with the vehicle, as there were a few complaints on the grounds of not having time to get used to the vehicle. I had assumed leaving the rezzers out at least an hour before the event would have been sufficient, but next time I think a controled number of warm-up laps will quell any concerns of "fairness".

-Aryte and Huttser didn't race as they said they would. This makes me a Sad Panda.

Edited by Tsume Xiao