Clicky

Aryte

31DEC11 - Weekly Meeting

[17:59:42] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome, everyone. Meeting start time: going forward, please be certain to hold your comments and questions until given the opportunity to speak. Failure to do so will result in a dismissal from the meeting.

[18:00:08] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 315

Cadets: 10

Applications

New: 13

Accepted: 4

Denied: 3

Review: 6

Operations

Defensive: 108

Offensive: 15

Allied Assist: 0

[18:00:54] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: multiple organizations on the rocks this week. Notably, the 39th stepped back and issued a notification that they are closing. Their presence will certainly be missed. Earlier last week, T’Koi also closed its doors, citing financial problems. Although neither group was specifically a major target of ours, it is always lamentable to see any group losing its footing. On the positive side, it does appear that our long time political ally, the Exilion Enclave, will be /opening/ its doors soon. We look forward to interacting with them on the battlefield.

[18:01:31] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:01:37] Ron Bleac raises hand.

[18:01:41] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Bleac.

[18:01:55] Ron Bleac: COHORS A:

> A-I, Invictus: From Shizzerk Kostolany: Not much happened this week for Invictus due to people having families to spend time with. Although in the near future, once activity picks up again after the holidays, trainings and squad raids will be held. In addition to that we do still have slots open and are looking for good active members. So if you're interested simply contact Pr0wer Miles or Shizzerk Kostolany.

[18:02:24] Ron Bleac: > A-II, Evalidus: From Huttser Ishelwood: Evalidus hopes everyone has had a good Christmas and would like to wish everyone a merry New Year. Coming into 2012, Evalidus will be surging back to the front on all fronts, combat and recruitment. We currently have five slots open, so if fire support and heavy weapons sounds like your cup of tea (Don't say a word Aryte >:[) then feel free to contact Huttser Ishelwood or Awanken Wasp.

[18:02:42] Ron Bleac drumrolls..

[18:02:49] Ron Bleac: > A-III, Insidiae: From Ron Bleac: Nothing to report other than "Happy New Year!"

[18:03:10] Ron Bleac: > A-IV, Praescius: From Afevis Sodetelge: Slow week for Praescius, nothing else to report. If you wish to join contact Afevis Sodertelge. :]

[18:03:51] Ron Bleac: > A-V, Saevitas: From Singularity Phenomena: Remember kids; Dont touch the light socket. With that said things continue to go as they were. Were still recovering from the holidays but thats okay. As for Saevitas remember it needs YOU! If you think you have what it takes. Give me or Stirn a IM and we'll run you through the standardized monkey motions and find out. Expect to see training in the future as well.

[18:04:33] Ron Bleac: COHORS B:

> From Thatguy Andel: Really nothing much to report. Inactivity due to festivus. I'll waiver all of the inactivity for this week because of the holidays, however I will be expecting more activity within the next few weeks. I'll be speaking to the COs and XOs in Cohors B about activity themselves, as they really aren't too too active. Tsuki should be coming back into activity sometime soon, however I wish that he'd be more active that before.

MISC.: butts

[18:04:45] Ron Bleac: That's all!

[18:05:01] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Next?

[18:05:23] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:05:47] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:06:02] Ethan Schuman: Ho ho ho. I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Astra has been busy with administrative affairs this week. In preparation for 2012, we've done a massive structure shift, which I will describe now. For starters, the Wing Commander position has been eliminated. Aquila and Reapers will both report to Tactical Squadron command, as will Palaestra. TSCOM and Letalis will report to Astra Command. This, combined with a new set of document formats and reporting requirements, will help drastically increase communication frequency and clarity at all levels. All units in Astra, aside from Letalis, have had their leadership modified.

[18:06:12] Ethan Schuman: Firstly, because we have eliminated the Wing Commander position, Sebris is stepping up to TSCOM CO, where he'll be able to fill that responsibility, as well as overseeing Palaestra while its new commander gets comfortable. As Sebris is also our new command successor candidate (3IC), this position will also keep him where he should be for that. Drasamax and Sebris have both been promoted to O-2, and Dras will be working as the TSCOM XO. Disembodied has been reassigned to a new position entirely. One of the weak spots in my command structure is documentation and administrative procedure. Disembodied is now serving as the Astra Administrative Adjutant, and he's already been quite busy. Xoza has been promoted to O-1, and is now in command of Palaestra.

[18:06:25] Ethan Schuman: For the first week of January, all new unit leads will be given time to settle in and get used to the new procedure format, with things going "live" on the 7th. In addition, the Phantom will indeed deploy tomorrow for testing, and will (assuming nothing terrible happens) be ready to officially enter service on the 7th as well. These are the first stages of what is going to be a hell of a good year for Astra. See you all in 2012.

[18:07:18] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:07:57] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:07:59] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:08:03] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python.

[18:08:07] Drasamax Python: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: Schola here and there with some graduates as result(did some teaching myself this week :P), couple Armatura, and a Ludi class held this week in the IEA. Schola Director position topic for Magisters is now closed. Mainly because Zero Itamae and I both have been a bit distracted this week by other things it took a bit longer to sort things out. But congratulations to Vain Composer our new Schola Director! :D

[18:08:18] Drasamax Python: There is a Armored Academy class sign up sheet on the forums which is still open as it was not held yet. It can be found here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/15901-ordo-armored-academy-sign-up-open/

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration. Early Happy New Year as well~

[18:09:24] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:09:29] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:09:48] Aryte Vesperia: LAst call.

[18:10:17] Aryte Vesperia: All righty, moving on:

[18:10:28] Aryte Vesperia: - Happy New Year!

[18:10:47] Aryte Vesperia: As the title suggests: Happy New Year to each of you! Haha. 2011 has been very good to us—we have a lot to celebrate and a great deal to be thankful for. Greater than that, however, we have a very active and productive 2012 ahead of us. Without a doubt, our ambitious goals and commitment to excellence will set us up for grand success throughout the year.

[18:11:41] Aryte Vesperia: In order to relieve everyone of the worry of defense, we will be secured until tomorrow morning. Drink heartily and have a wonderful night. Just, don’t start until the meeting is over. We have plenty to talk about!

[18:12:02] Aryte Vesperia: - Winter Revisions

[18:13:02] Aryte Vesperia: Over the last month, we have been hammering away at various projects included within the Winter Revisions. We had slated a significant portion to be completed by 1JAN12. Although we have made significant headway, we have fallen a bit behind on account of unexpected events (New Jessie, for example). As such, we will be expanding our goal time to reach to 01FEB12. I am confident we can continue the momentum forward, especially with the increased involvement by the officer staff.

[18:13:49] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you curious, you can find a full list of prospective revisions under the “Imperator’s Atrium” section of the forums. As a side note, the new handbook version and style will be out this weekend!

[18:14:19] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd moving right along. ~

[18:14:49] Aryte Vesperia: - ART

[18:15:04] Aryte Vesperia: In order to make up for the lack of ART session last week, I will be hosting a sort of … “SUPER ART” at 5:00 PM SLT tomorrow. All are welcome and encouraged to attend. It will be a great opportunity to earn qualifications and demonstrate your prowess. White-berets, if you show up, I have a special task for you!

[18:15:22] Daeshana Sapeur: Popcorn salesmen?

[18:15:38] Aryte Vesperia: Again, 5:00 PM SLT tomorrow. Expect at least two hours worth of bloodshed and full arsenal deployment.

[18:16:35] Aryte Vesperia: Next up. :D

[18:16:37] Aryte Vesperia: - Zero Tolerance Period

[18:17:04] Aryte Vesperia: As of 31DEC11, extending until 07JAN12, we will be entering a “zero tolerance” state. For those of you whom have been around, you know the drill. For newer folks: zero tolerance periods occur from time to time, aimed at keeping the group’s focus on core values. They are relatively random, but are instated most often after a new generation of members is entered into the group to ensure there is consistency across the board.

[18:17:49] Aryte Vesperia: What does zero tolerance entail? Maximum penalty for infractions against regulations during the impacted time. This ZT period will focus on several core elements:

I. Command duties; specifically, maintaining an OIC on base at all times.

II. Professional demeanor; mutual respect of all members, controlled actions, and adherence to Ordo processes.

III. Reckless discharge of weaponry; firearms must be used for combat or at the range.

[18:18:39] Aryte Vesperia: ZT periods are not punishment, but part of our ongoing educational procedures. Personnel are encouraged to simply keep doing what they’re doing. You will be fine! Most of you, at least. :)

[18:19:15] Linx Foxclaw: :<

[18:19:43] Aryte Vesperia: - Keynote

[18:20:05] Aryte Vesperia: This is a topic we have covered before, but I want to discuss it a bit further for the good of the team. Specifically: handling difficult defense situations and playing your part during the late hours.

[18:21:35] Aryte Vesperia: Everyone has been in that situation before—new or old member. It’s 3 AM, you are one of a very few select members holding the line in Titan. Enemies, whether by intent to try to get a good shot at us, or by the fact we’re basically the only sim with people on it, decide it’s a good hour to come try their luck. The first reaction? “Oh god, not /again/. Don’t these people sleep?”

[18:23:21] Aryte Vesperia: There are a few things to consider with this: foremost, we have the distinct honor of being one of the few—if not the only—military group with the ability to operate 24/7. That puts us into situations that can be a bit challenging, especially in the late hours. Most groups do not have this problem . . . because they have no one on sim, thus random attackers have no use to go there. Ergo, it is genuinely a mark of our strength to even be open for activity at late/early hours.

[18:25:32] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, despite the fact it can be pretty tiring, we should welcome the challenge and endeavor to overcome no matter the odds. Think of it from the perspective of a military campaign: it would be suicide for any group (or random attackers) to come at us head on. So they seek to try to bleed us in the hours we are sleeping. It is our one “weak spot.” But even then, it is hardly “weak” in comparison to others. It is an opportunity to present the excellence of the individual Ordo member. We excel at squad to squad battles, but we are also outstanding warriors on an individual basis. Let that shine through.

[18:27:15] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone present during the twilight period has a very large responsibility. You are representing us, often times with very little reinforcements. Make the most of what you have. Stick to your basics. Use battle buddies. Stay cool. Give up one point if you have to, to hold the other two. Most of all: do not worry about the enemies embarrassing the group, taking videos, etc. Do your best. Fight to the last man and the last magazine. In the morning, we’ll counter attack and wipe whoever the offender is off the map.

[18:28:20] Aryte Vesperia: I will never punish my late nighters for doing their best. I know how hard that time period can be. You do me proud every single night. It will level out over time, I promise. Once normalcy returns and the holidays fade, we do pick up more activity in the twilight hours. However, even then, you can still run into these difficult combat situations.

[18:29:04] Aryte Vesperia: In short, fight valiantly to the best of your ability. Bleed the enemy. If you are available when reinforcement requests are sent out, head over! Even ten minutes of help can dramatically alter the battle. Many times, enemy will simply give up if more Ordo appear.

[18:30:11] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, I want to send some major kudos to everyone who participates during those hours. If there’s anything you need that you feel would make you more successful, gear or otherwise, don’t be afraid to let me know.

[18:30:26] Ron Bleac raises hand.

[18:30:41] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Bleac.

[18:31:57] Ron Bleac: Every night shift is no doubt important. The Ordo has a number of groups specifically for European or late night fighters. The first one was Opus Noctis, but I believe there's another one now. If you're the kind of guy who likes to stay up and shoot kneecaps/bust skulls, contact me and I'll put you somewhere. That said, every single time we're attacked during night hours it's like Custer's Revenge all over again, with less rape and cacti.

[18:32:07] Ron Bleac: Oops, failed to shout.

[18:32:16] Ron Bleac: Every night shift is no doubt important. The Ordo has a number of groups specifically for European or late night fighters. The first one was Opus Noctis, but I believe there's another one now. If you're the kind of guy who likes to stay up and shoot kneecaps/bust skulls, contact me and I'll put you somewhere. That said, every single time we're attacked during night hours it's like Custer's Revenge all over again, with less rape and cacti.

[18:32:31] Aryte Vesperia: .. lmao.

[18:32:39] Aryte Vesperia: That said. Thank you all for coming. :} HAPPY NEW YEAR. Have a safe and wonderful night. Party well!

Awmg. Got the wrong meeting notice out... >:O

From thatguy: Slow week due to the Holidays, nothing much really happened besides a few raids here and there. No PRFs this week- hopefully there will be next week. Tsukiyomi should be coming back from his break sometime soon, and ontop of the Holidays with Christmas cheer and all, I'll be waivering the raid inactivities in Cohors B (giving out a grace week). With that said, I will be expecting more activity with the following weeks. Keep up the work, and Cohors B dudes, be sure to ask your COs about anything (even if it's about some office you wish to join within Ordo, it's their job to answer. :>)

(It says where my meeting notice is in teh report.) >.>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.