Clicky

Aryte

21JAN12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00:07] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome, everyone. Meeting start time: going forward, please be certain to hold your comments and questions until given the opportunity to speak. Failure to do so will result in a dismissal from the meeting.

[18:00:35] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 312

Cadets: 12

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 2

Denied: 5

Review: 3

Operations

Defensive: 129

Offensive: 18

Allied Assist: 2

[18:01:05] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: This week has been fairly uneventful in the way of “political changes.” We have, however, interacted with some “new” targets—such as New Rome. Notably, New Rome is our biggest fan and took every available opportunity to try to pretend to be internet tough guys. Nevertheless, we stomped them into the ground. Otherwise, the group Chaos has (pretended?) to extend an olive branch and wishes to try to interact with us more often. They pledge respect. But, time will tell!

[18:01:26] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:01:38] Xoza Tyron raises his hand for Astra

[18:01:49] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Tyron.

[18:01:50] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Fiddle sticks.

[18:01:53] Xoza Tyron: Ethan has been busy IRL, spending time with his girlfriend/working, hopefully he'll be up here next week.

[18:01:59] Xoza Tyron: In flights and activity, new flight leadership movement is settling in well, our regular weekly flight nights activity is on the rise bringing about new ideas and communication between all members. A few members unfortunately have requested inactive status for various reasons but with new members rolling in, overall activity is on the rise. Palaestra's been doing well this week, we've been concentrating on new material and presentation styles. We're also upgrading the flight courses to allow use by anyone and track records off site for a little bit of competition. This week we'll be working on training anyone who is not Astra and getting them through the phases, so contact us if you're interested.

[18:02:11] Xoza Tyron: In development, the physical version of the Phantom is pretty much done, however Ethan is having some problems with the attachment version. Something related to permissions and auths, we'll get it figured out tomorrow. Can't really give an ETA at this point but we're hoping we can get a beta out soon so we can fix up Palaestra for it. Disembodied has been hard at work with standardized forms, paperwork and packets. We've all worked to bring together a good amount of information for these packets and threw them at Dis to organize. These are to ensure accuracy in training future command position holders so they're not thrown into leadership without some kind of template. All of this will be available pretty soon.

[18:02:28] Xoza Tyron: On a final note, some inspiration from our local catnip addict: "In the Beginning the Imperator created Titan. Titan was with out face in void; So the Imperator created Munitorum, and Munitorum made it good. Then the Imperator looked to the ground, and created Terra. From Terra came the squads, and alpha squads, and he was pleased. Then he sought out the skies, and from the skies Astra was formed. As he looked upon Astra he said that was also good. And through Astra The flights where born, and the Imperator was even more pleased. With all of Ordo they dominated, and the domination was good as the Imperator proclaimed it shall be."

[18:02:38] Xoza Tyron: That is all from Astra

[18:03:07] Hollowmengitus Yifu: o/

[18:03:16] Aryte Vesperia: ..

[18:03:18] Aryte Vesperia: Wow, lol.

[18:03:21] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu?

[18:03:31] Hollowmengitus Yifu: COHORS A:

> A-I, Invictus: From Pr0wer Miles: Invictus had another strong week with raid count which makes happy CO happy. With that put aside, I plan to hold a small meeting on tomorrow around 4 SLT so please try to attend or if you know you can’t attend please notify myself or Shizzerk. With that being said I hope to see everyone try to attend tomorrow’s art session.

[18:03:54] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-II, Evalidus: From Awanken Wasp: Evalidus has been doing fairly well on deployments lately, kudos for everyone ! We still have lot to come and there is lot of butts to kick. We have lot of open slots so If you are interested of joining Evalidus, contact either Huttser Ishelwood or Awanken Wasp.

[18:04:13] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-III, Insidiae: From Mackenzie Macbain: Insidiae was very active again this week. We have added a new member, Confiuzer Thor, who now proudly wears the emerald green stripe on his armor. Ultio et Virtus!

[18:04:39] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-IV, Praescius: From Liam Macalroy: ALWAYS SCOUTING FOR MEMBERS, Our numbers are up from last week, activity-wise. Overall a standard week for an Alpha squad. Good overall communication between members, we will be redefining our training program as well as our schedule. Anyone interested in joining the squad or more information on it, please send an IM to Afevis Sodertelge or Liam Macalroy. Both of which like trains. :>

[18:05:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu: COHORS B:

> From George Reisman: It was an overall good week for B COHORS. Let's look to next week, it may be even better. Ask for PRF's, too!

[18:05:20] Hollowmengitus Yifu: MISC.: Take tests, ask commanders for recruitment opportunities; Alpha squads are always looking for new recuits!

[18:05:31] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's all from me.

[18:06:03] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:06:08] Aryte Vesperia: Additional reports this evening?

[18:06:09] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:06:17] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python?

[18:06:27] Drasamax Python: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: 11 Schola classes, 20 Armatura modules(individual ones), and 1 (Armored Academy) Ludi classes held this week in the IEA. The Armatura rewrite is making more progress much like last week. The Module A porportion is finally rewritten as we slowly begin to move through rewritting Module B and so on.

[18:06:42] Drasamax Python: A topic is on the forums directed at those interested in taking the NCO-Academy presently and onward. More information can be can be found here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/16172-ordo-imperial-ludi-nco-academy-ongoing/

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:07:25] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Next?

[18:07:29] Radryl Allen raises his hand.

[18:07:33] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Allen.

[18:07:42] Radryl Allen: Good evening everyone, we got some news here that are mainly related to possible alliance or negociations, it was a curious week... anyway we will just be passing part of these informations as we still need to study the rest.

[18:07:53] Radryl Allen: Megiddo found a alliance group called by UBC( União Brasileira de Combates.) (Brazilian Combat Union.) For now their alliance is only with ASI, a new organization that came up, anyway, Megiddo's plan on making this group is to make all the brazilian groups join this alliance.

Also for those who make part of the night shift ( Including myself. :>) be warned, XAF will not be the only problem during those turns anymore, Megiddo decided to do the same that they are used to do, outnumber us willing to get the points, so keep your eyes open.

On other news, 2142 may be using Megiddo for their plans as both of the organizations had been negociating really often, and as said before, the new Megiddo's gear was given by one of the 2142's personnel, obviously it was in exchange of something, we will keep gathering informations to find out what is their plan on doing these negociations so often. BUT it sounds like they are using Megiddo as a chess piece for their plan as even Shark sounded confused about what is going o

[18:07:53] Radryl Allen: n around him.

[18:08:21] Radryl Allen: As always some small groups were found, but most of them died, and about Afo Wolfpack, we are not really sure if they still that active as we did not see their personnels really often, nor their leader. Well as mentioned before the other informations will be held as they still need to get some confirmation, so the last thing that I am going to say is that the "Revenge Squad" is back to active, I already got confirmations from some organizations, for those who do not know what is that squad, is a bunch of alts from people who are actually inside of organizations with the intention of raiding organizations that they had been at before and probably were ejected from it and are looking for "revenge", at all costs( on other words, even outnumbering and doing all those silly things like primshooting).

[18:08:51] Radryl Allen: That is all for now.

[18:09:47] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:09:52] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:10:24] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving on.

[18:10:41] Aryte Vesperia: > Item Update

[18:11:00] Aryte Vesperia: Development of our new reward item line has progressed steadily. At this time, we have completed the Tome, the elite shoulder, and all of the officer coins. The allotments and distribution of said items are not yet finished, compliments of my schedule. If all persists as planned, the details and distribution should begin this weakened/next week.

[18:11:05] Aryte Vesperia: Weekend, rather.

[18:11:41] Aryte Vesperia: Specifically, the three completed items are slated for separate elements. The challenge coins, as we’ve discussed, will be going to officers to hand out at their discretion. The Tome will serve the dualistic role as a high-level IEA honor, along with fulfilling the item in the title/merit of Historian.

[18:12:10] Aryte Vesperia: As for the shoulder, that will be discussed more in depth in the next topic, as it fits into the OIC TISRP.

[18:12:44] Aryte Vesperia: We do have several additional items awaiting modeling. Including, but not limited to: a command staff, an elite gorget, and additional cords for the dress uniform.

Furthermore, I do have to admit I am chewing on the possibility of adding new formal attire to the queue to replace all of our existing dress uniforms with a mesh build. However, if that does come to fruition, we will ensure that the units awaiting mods will receive those first.

[18:13:36] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on:

[18:13:43] Aryte Vesperia: > OIC TISRP

[18:13:59] Aryte Vesperia: Regarding the elite shoulder (and the other various awards available), the Time-In-Service Reward Program for OIC is pretty much good to go. Mercury has and is tracking OIC time. There is no simple way to “check” times quite yet, but they are being tracked. I am going to set the official start of TISRP tracking as Monday. As such, any time held as OIC from 23JAN12 onward will count toward TISRP purposes.

[18:15:05] Aryte Vesperia: For those curious, rewards are tiered in the following manner:

[18:15:13] Aryte Vesperia: ❍ Tiers of Achievement

• Tier 1

o Requirement: 50 Hours

o Reward: Command Cord (Left Shoulder) - Gold

• Tier 2

o Requirement: 150 Hours

o Reward: Stalwart Gorget ( Neck )

• Tier 3

o Requirement: 350 Hours

o Reward: Command Baton (Special)

[18:15:59] Aryte Vesperia: Oop. The cord is actually the shoulder.

[18:16:04] Aryte Vesperia: I forgot to change that. :d

[18:16:23] Aryte Vesperia: An individual shall only accrue time as the base commander during DEFCON4 or greater. As such, when the region is locked at designated DEFCON5 (vacation), there shall not be any opportunity to earn OIC time-in-service points.

All personnel are included in this opportunity. Officers shall not automatically accrue or receive compulsory access to any unlock or perk included within this program. Officers shall earn any of the aforementioned through the same methods as an enlistee.

[18:17:42] Aryte Vesperia: > Combat Challenge

[18:18:06] Aryte Vesperia: We have not done one of these in a while, so it’s overdue! Throughout the business period of 22JAN12 to 28JAN12, we will be holding a combat challenge for all units—Terra and Astra. What we will be looking for is the greatest number of quality/successful raids throughout that period. To qualify, it must be greater than thirty minutes in length and result in Ordo victory. We will be basing it upon /time/, not raw number. So the more /quality/ raids, the better.

[18:19:16] Aryte Vesperia: The most successful units will receive a sweet QP award. The commander of said unit, if an officer, will receive a . . . negotiated reward.

[18:19:49] Aryte Vesperia: Make this an opportunity to show your prowess. Any attempt to kinda smudge the numbers or be unfair will result in flogging.

[18:20:18] Aryte Vesperia: Next.

[18:20:25] Aryte Vesperia: > Resituating Gear

[18:20:43] Aryte Vesperia: A big topic this week: resituating Cohors A gear.

[18:21:15] Aryte Vesperia: This has been an item of interest for several weeks now. After careful consideration, the upper echelons of Terra and I have agreed that changes to the gear pool for Cohors A are necessary. Specifically, we are going to pursue and are pursuing a new approach—to treat Cohors A as an elite body with equal access to specialized gear, but with each unit having a particular niche of training to focus and educate others on.

[18:22:02] Aryte Vesperia: This is a stark contrast to our current approach—each unit picks a piece of gear, which defines their identity and specialization. This routinely puts us into situations where the specialized gear is entirely unused or dictates advantage to X unit. By the new approach, every unit shall be able to access /all/ of the elite gear, but each shall pick and be experts in a specific area. As such, each unit shall also be expected to be the educators to the rest of the Cohors. Furthermore, now we can call upon the niche unit to spearhead operations, and, if manpower is unavailable, said niche unit can call reserves from other units and /use/ the specialized gear together.

[18:23:05] Aryte Vesperia: The inspiration to this design is that of the Army Rangers. Routinely, you’ll find specialized units within the Rangers that orient with climates/etc. But at a base line, everyone has the same premier access to more specialized and unique gear.

[18:24:23] Aryte Vesperia: I genuinely feel this will push and underline the critical portion of every squad: defining identity through training and command talents, rather than forcing a death grip on gear. Even more so, it removes the problem of bottlenecking in Munitorum. Additions to the gear pool will benefit /50/ people, rather than /10/.

[18:25:48] Aryte Vesperia: I understand and acknowledge there is some concern with this shift, but I encourage everyone to give it an honest try and push. If things don’t work out, we can always revisit or find a new model. Nothing is in stone. :) We push for excellence and experiment. If we don’t, we get nothing but stagnation.

[18:27:25] Aryte Vesperia: Next up

[18:27:26] Aryte Vesperia: .

[18:27:27] Aryte Vesperia:  ART

[18:27:39] Aryte Vesperia: As there are a lot of new folks around and we skipped last week, I do want to remind everyone about ART and the importance of participating in ART.

[18:28:04] Aryte Vesperia: ART, Achievement Rating Tiers, occurs every Sunday at 5:00 PM SLT (more dates/times asap, I promise). ART focuses on close, high level team combat traits. It is a highly rewarding program and should be considered critical to combat in the Ordo.

[18:28:38] Aryte Vesperia: Although the requirements on the IEA section mention E-3 and such, I am waiving all of that. All are welcome and encouraged to attend!

[18:30:14] Aryte Vesperia: As for the keynote this evening:

[18:31:06] Aryte Vesperia: Short, but I just want to quickly underline a few key points.

[18:31:37] Aryte Vesperia: First: defense and participation therein. If you are on Titan, please be aware you are considered "active and available."

[18:32:01] Aryte Vesperia: Please do not idle for long periods of time/go outright AFK for hours on Titan. It gives defense misrepresented numbers.

[18:32:35] Aryte Vesperia: If you are present, be certain to get involved. Defense is the first priority.

[18:33:18] Aryte Vesperia: In the event that a situation escalates and you are the standing OIC: expend your options. You have a lot of tools in the box. Heavy armaments, reinforcements, and intelligent manuevering.

[18:34:01] Aryte Vesperia: Most regions have the benefit of a tiered objective system, in which you must do X before you can do Y or Z.

[18:34:14] Aryte Vesperia: We do not have that luxury at this time. Ergo, do not be afraid to surrender one point to hold the other two.

[18:35:27] Aryte Vesperia: And lastly: use what you've been taught. ART is a potent tool. The strength of an Ordo fireteam is unmatched. Our coordination and ability to operate as a unified whole has always kept us way ahead of the competition.

[18:36:28] Aryte Vesperia: That said, kudos to you all for your performance this week. Outstanding raid turn out and defense work. Let's keep that momentum up as we head into the school year. I look forward to seeing the outcome of the combat challenge.

[18:36:49] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions will be up tomorrow. Feel free to send me additional until midnight.

[18:36:52] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed. :}

[18:36:52] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:37:00] Mackenzie Macbain salutes! "Ultio et Virtus!"

[18:37:00] Heavy666 Bolden salutes.

[18:37:01] BurrWolf Qin salutes! "For the Glory of the Imperium!"

[18:37:02] Hokusai Otsuka salutes! o7

[18:37:03] conger Mint salutes!

[18:37:04] Shizzerk Kostolany salutes!

[18:37:04] Xoza Tyron salutes!

[18:37:06] Awanken Wasp salutes "Machines we are sending to the skies !"

[18:37:06] Radryl Allen salutes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.