Clicky

Azimuth Summerwind

04JAN12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome, everyone. Meeting start time: going forward please be certain to hold your comments and questions until given the opportunity to speak. Failure to do so will result in a dismissal from the meeting.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 313

Cadets: 12

Applications

New: 6

Accepted: 2

Denied: 2

Review: 2

Operations

Defensive: 85

Offensive: 20

Allied Assist: 0

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: steady as she goes. No major changes to note with foreign diplomacy. Operations have remained consistent without any particular issues to note. Calm is a peculiar rarity around these parts, so I would expect some group or another to burn down/decide they loathe us next week. Otherwise, it does appear that the Alliance Navy is picking up steam. We look forward to future combat interactions with them.

[18:01] Mercury: New unknown contact (level 4)

Time so far on sim today: 10 minutes.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02] BurrWolf QinBurrWolf Qin Raises his hand for Terra

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Qin.

[18:02] BurrWolf Qin shouts: COHORS A:

> A-I, Invictus: From Pr0wer Miles: Nothing too special happened this week with Invictus. Raids were conducted in the usual fashion as well as [A1-Steak Sauce] that is all.

[18:02] BurrWolf Qin shouts: > A-II, Evalidus: From Huttser Ishelwood: Nothing much to report, a slower week for A-2. The odd squad raid was taken here and there but aside from that, I think everyone was enjoying a well earned break

[18:02] BurrWolf Qin shouts: > A-III, Insidiae: From Mackenzie Macbain: Insidiae had another solid week, a lot of us were failry busy outside of Ordo with school having begun again etc but we still made decent numbers for the weekly raids. Insidiae FTW!

[18:02] Mercury: New Ordo contact: Praepositus Ookamiwulf Lemton (Terra)

[18:03] BurrWolf Qin shouts: > A-IV, Praescius: From Liam Macalroy: First off, We'd like to welcome our newest member Conger Mint! Congratulations are in order I believe. Hope you enjoy being in an Alpha squad, ya limey. THAT SAID, WE ARE ALWAYS RECRUITING. Don't hesitate to ask even if you're curious to know more about our squad. Contact Afevis Sodertelge or Liam Macalroy at anytime. Offline messages are a viable way of contact. A bit of a hectic week with personal lives and offline times. Overall pretty standard on our activity. Aiming to change that this next week however! Get those PRFs in, it's February now, we urge you to ask for them. Even those not in our squad :P Easy way to get QP Points, guys, pester your respective COs and XOs!

> From George Reisman: Ask for PRFs.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Schuman?

[18:04] Gunau Sodwind shouts: THAT IS A COOL STORY BRO

[18:04] Ethan Schuman shouts: On behalf of Sebris: Not much to report this week. I have not did a complete scan of the Roster as of yet, i will get to it tomorrow, however I have sweeped over hot spots and it seems there os only one Pilot that shows Group inactivity that would require attention. I will be asking him if he'd like to be moved to reserves. There are 2 more inactives but they are offliners. Otherwise, It seems Reapers is completely active overall along with Aquila picking things up, which makes me happy. In terms of contacting the inactive. I will continue to refresh the Roster on a weekly basis, but i encourage Flight leaders to sweep through their inactive members and contact them. If action is needed to assign them to reserves, inform me.

[18:04] Mercury: New Ordo contact: Decurionis maddog Jonesford (Terra)

[18:04] Ethan Schuman shouts: On behalf of Addison: Hell week started on Wednesday. Which is going... Pretty shakey right now. Day one started out just fine had a lot of people show which was great! Day two was a mess because I couldnt get online cause my recruiters kept me after to help them clean the office and get paper work squared away. Regardless Hell Week will get done. More good news lots of activity and new faces running around which means Letalis is getting in their raids! Solid week, I'm very pleased with this weeks performance

[18:05] Ethan Schuman shouts: On behalf of Xoza: Palaestra: Nothing entirely new this week, Got two pilots trained up with the Thanatos. During some discoveries during this though, we'll be looking into rewriting it's documentation. One pilot still in queue unable to pass the course was looking to qualify with just the Nemesis, but since this is not how we do things he mentioned he may be transferring to Terra.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Great to hear of your continued success. Additional reports this evening?

[18:05] Radryl Allen raises his hand.

[18:05] Drasamax PythonDrasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:06] Heather McKay: Curia has one also.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Allen.

[18:06] Radryl Allen: Good evening everyone, I am glad to say that we received a new member on Adstutia and looks like she is gathering informations really fast, we already got some good results on this week while the other two members are already working on their medium-level missions, anyway moving on.

[18:06] Radryl Allen shouts: As some of you might know, CATI (Kerberus) died, and well we got a confirmation that most of them went to VG, even those who do not even speak english properly. Looks like some of them went to VG just because of their CATI friends, we will at least try to contact those who still confused where they should go to see if we get anything.

[18:07] Radryl Allen shouts: As second news,EB changed their capture system and base AGAIN, so Tactica, get ready. Also looks like the Megiddo's alliance still on the same situation, nothing new there at all, but one thing is sure, they are using it as they can, you might already have seen Megiddo getting assistance from ISA on their defenses or vice-versa, about Afo Wolfpack, looks like it is indeed dead, their "Emperor" went to ISA.

[18:07] Radryl Allen shouts: The other informations are still under progress, so that is all for now.

[18:08] Drasamax Python shouts: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: 12 Schola Classes, 0 Armatura classes, and 1 NCO-A Ludi class held this week in the IEA. Sounded like some things needed to be picked up in class activity as it was lot lower than usual this week intill I rechecked the logs on the last few hours before the reports were due and there was a sudden explosion of Schola classes, which is a big improvement. Armatura walkthrough still on a halt atm because I been really busy still and adjusting to my now literly flipped sleep schedule.

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. :}

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. McKay.

[18:09] Heather McKay shouts: Alright, Kishoshima and myself are planning on making this one together, so I will let him open first.

[18:09] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: Thank You

[18:09] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: From the Consuls of Curia:

Many of you may or may not have noticed Praefectus McKay's post on the Forums regarding Uniforms, and Uniform Regulations. This is just a friendly reminder to compliment that post and to clear up any mis-conceptions there may be in regards to what's authorized to wear and what's not.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: (I hope they're going to si-- aw.)

[18:10] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: First, a small refresher

I-104: Division specific gear and attire must remain within the respective branch; one may not cross wear different armor sets without written approval by the Imperator.

[18:10] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: What does this mean? Exactly what it says. You are not authorized, unless you have WRITTEN Authorization, to mix and match -any- uniform piece with any other uniform piece. There are exceptions to this rule.. which is why we have the Curia Approval Request section of the Forums. Let me make this part PERFECTLY clear to everyone here. The ONLY People who can authorize a change in Uniform Parts are Kristian Kit, Heather Mckay, Kishoshima Dragonash.. and as an absolute last resort our Imperator.

[18:10] Mercury: Lost contact: Disembodied Hand

[18:10] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: These changes MUST be placed on the forums AND be given the ok to wear BEFORE you wear them. This doesnt mean you say "oh I like this" wear it, then put in the application, and continue wearing it until its ok'd... No. You take pictures, fill out the application, give us time to review and discuss it.. then and ONLY then, after we've cleared it, are you allowed to wear the alteration.

[18:10] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: There have also been those who have been approached by members of Curia and asked to change their uniforms only to say "so and so said I could wear it." It doesnt work that way. The only so and so that will give on the fly oks is Aryte, and even then he lets Curia know so that we dont bug you about it later. So if you're wearing ANY uniform parts that have been okd by anyone OUTSIDE of Curia, change back into your regulation uniform and get it approved.

[18:10] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: I realize this is sounds like Im being a complete asshole and that Im being a Uniform Nazi. This isnt the case. Uniforms help bring us together as a group. THey help bind us together. I realize it sounds stifiling to a few of you out there.. but this -is- a military style group.. we're not trying to squash your individuality.., just attempting to make sure that everything is fair for everyone across the board.

[18:11] Kishoshima Dragonash: One last thing and then I'll shut up. If a member of Curia approaches you and asks you to change, keep in mind that they do not have a rank within CUria, but when they speak. they speak for Heather. If they're being dicks, let me know and we'll fix it, but please keep in mind that they're doing EXACTLY what we Consuls have asked them to do. They're not targeting you, they're doing their jobs. As usual, if there are ever any questions, feel free to contact me

[18:11] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: and we'll do a song/dance routine next week Sir.. we dont have the steps finished yet

[18:11] Mercury: New Ordo contact: Vicarus Disembodied Hand (Astra)

[18:12] Mercury: Lost contact: Lairex Beck

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you kindly. :}

[18:12] Heather McKay shouts: The reason this has come up, is that we have been getting a relatively higher volume of questions and concerns pertaining to uniforms. This is not meant to come down harshly, but we do need to be aware as a group, what is and what is not OK.

[18:12] Mercury: Lost contact: Tyler Yaseotoko

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. :}

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: I believe Kasumi had something to add before we move on?

[18:13] Kasumi Quartz: Oh yea

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Go ahead.

[18:14] Kasumi Quartz shouts: As some of you know Zrazor and I are making traiing / playing cards and have come up with a contest.

[18:15] Kasumi Quartz shouts: The contest is best Duke Nukem screen shot, Whom ever submits the best SS will have it on the card as well as win 1000l and get the frist one off the press and a LE gold card

[18:16] Kasumi Quartz shouts: And yes they are going to be like the MTG cards, Please submit all SS to me or Zrazor, Thats all.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks. :}

[18:16] Kasumi Quartz: Thanks sir.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Movin'

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on:

[18:17] Mercury: New Ordo contact: Succenturio Shizzerk Kostolany (Invictus)

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: > OIC TISRP

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder, the OIC TISP is in full swing. Tracking methods are in place. Additionally, you can check your progress by simply clicking the same board you’d click for QP. Notably, Hokusai Otsuka is the first individual to reach the 50 threshold—with an impressive 67 hours of OIC time since the inception of the tracking date of 20JAN12. Major kudos to him!

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: There is a possibility that the tiers may be adjusted—but I will be honoring folks who are close to the 50 threshold already, so as not to be unfair. Keep up the good work! It’s awesome to see people taking advantage of the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment and prowess as a base commander.

[18:18] (COM) Mercury: burp

[18:18] Ookamiwulf Lemton (Channel 1): holster

[18:18] Ookamiwulf Lemton (Channel 1): sling

[18:18] Ookamiwulf Lemton (Channel 1): shoulder

[18:18] Ookamiwulf Lemton (Channel 1): sheath

[18:18] Mercury: New Ordo contact: Legionarius Nivek Darkstone (Terra)

[18:18] Mercury: Lost contact: Disembodied Hand

[18:19] Mercury: New Ordo contact: Vicarus Disembodied Hand (Astra)

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Next up~

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: > Archetype Follow-Up

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Per our discussion last week, the Archetype revealed a large swathe of ideas for potential Archetypes. The list we hammered out was rather comprehensive, including: Psyker, Enginseer, Storm Trooper, Master at Arms, Operative, Chaplain, Apothecary, Inquisitor, and Commissar.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Several things to note. Foremost, we will be cutting that list down to . . . likely, no more than four. Additionally, the key determinant here will be to avoid making archetypes a replacement for units. The thought is to ensure archetypes compliment units—giving a particular niche, without “taking” away an identity that a particular unit may have. For example, we would not ever have an archetype that focuses on orbital drop trooping.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: The idea is to consider it akin to a tactical squad: each individual within one fills a particular role. Archetypes would be those roles, enhancing the overall competency of a unit while permitting individuals to spend time improving themselves. Notably, there will not be a restriction on pursuit of an archetype. Feasibly, if you are of rank, you could master all four and be proficient in all “classes.”

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Now, it is probable (names not finalized, I add) that the archetypes that will make the cut shall be: Commissar, Psyker, and Enginseer. The fourth is a tossup between Operative, Chaplain, Apothecary and Inquisitor. Apothecary is the weakest link—based upon the idea that we are /all/ supposed to be proficient medics. The first three were chosen based upon the particular uniqueness they bring: none of the areas they would cover are already assumed by any other unit.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Nevertheless, thank you for all of the input. We will more than likely have another think tank (or two) to continue rounding out the idea.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along~

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: > Department in process.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Next up. I am excited to say that the division that will be responsible for: outbound recruitment, morale, propaganda, and the INN is starting to take shape. Complements of an idea packet submitted by Mr. Composer, I really think we’ll be seeing a new department in full swing within the next couple of weeks.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: The title of the group is still being worked on. Mr. Composer suggested the IIA—Imperial Information Administration, but the title sort of suggests it leaks into the tasks handled by IAC and AIR. We are eyeing a couple alternatives, but it is too early to say what will wind up victorious.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: The core elements of the department will likely be separated into a few functional units: recruitment administration, propaganda administration, media administration. Each individual wing will more than likely be headed up by an NCO, with a senior NCO or officer at the head of the entire division.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Involvement in the division will provide individuals with a host of opportunities, including, but not limited to: organizing outbound recruiting events, maintain Ordo presence in core regions (such as RP sims we have grabbed members from in the past), development of Ordo advertisement/propaganda materials, issuing INN articles, coordinate with the IAC to develop internal plans to create events, and organize storyline.

[18:29] Nivek Darkstone (Channel 1): sling

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: I will keep you all updated as we make adjustments and develop the idea further.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd next~

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: > Update on force streamlining.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Over the last month or so, I have been holding one on one discussions with various members of the administration. I am about half-way done thus far.

[18:31] Mercury: Lost contact: Shizzerk Kostolany

[18:31] Mercury: New Ordo contact: Succenturio Shizzerk Kostolany (Invictus)

[18:32] Radryl Allen (Channel 1): oic:

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Each discussion has involved a check to ensure all officers are aware of their specific duties (as outlined on the Tribunus policy), a 30/60/90 day plan to set positive/aggressive goals for individual (or group) improvements, and, if necessary, a discussion regarding activity.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: My goal is to ensure that every member of our administration is on task and completely on the path for success. Additionally, I am ensuring we are cutting out any dead weight by assigning officers without meaningful duty to a respective position of authority. Individuals who have been out of activity for extended periods of time have (and will be) granted the chance to participate in another field. Failing that, reassigned to an enlistee position to provide those in the OCA process the chance to step up.

[18:33] Mercury: Lost contact: Riff Petrov

[18:33] Mercury: New Ordo contact: Legionarius Riff Petrov (Invictus)

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: This is certainly in no way a punishment. It is an opportunity to ensure that the upper administration remains potent and effective. It is simply part of the process of remaining on our A game. I expect the absolute best from our officers and they are all quite aware of that. Thus far, all discussions have been very positive and provided very effective 30/60/90 plans.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: :} And lastly~

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: No primary discussion this evening. Just a quick side note: keep up the damn good work. Our performance has continued to trend after the holiday season ended. If we continue this momentum, we will be sitting very pretty for summer. Do not forget to grab your friends (provided they’re interested, don’t kidnap anyone) and encourage them to try us out. We definitely want to keep our intake solid and our best recruits are always friends of existing members.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: You all continue to demonstrate excellence in your day to day. I appreciate it without exception. Have a wonderful night and happy raid hunting! Dismissed. (I'll be back in an hour! Dinner time.)

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.