Clicky

Aryte

18FEB12 - Ordo Meeting

[18:01:11] Aryte Vesperia: Meeting start time: going forward please be certain to hold your comments and questions until given the opportunity to speak. Failure to do so will result in a dismissal from the meeting.

[18:01:52] Aryte Vesperia: Today's meeting with a bit expedited. Your Imperator is bad at telling time and set a dinner date at 7:30 because he forgot that SL is an hour behind him. So bear with me.

[18:01:54] Aryte Vesperia: Lol.

[18:02:02] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 317

Cadets: 12

Applications

New: 10

Accepted: 2

Denied: 3

Review: 5

Operations

Defensive: 72

Offensive: 24

Allied Assist: 0

[18:02:13] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes for this week: interactions remain varied; no one “core enemy” has popped up. Notably, there has been a rise in interaction (as predicted) with both the AN and SK. Assaulting the AN has proved to be as entertaining as ever—kudos to them for sticking to their guns by having a no frills, no bullshit atmosphere. SK has focused on engaging us at the early hours. That is standard modus operandi for them, to be frank. Our early morning defense has maintained and continued to demonstrate Ordo excellence, despite number limitations.

[18:02:51] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02:52] Hollowmengitus Yifu dances for Terra.

[18:03:05] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:03:12] Hollowmengitus Yifu: COHORS A:

> A-I, Invictus: From Pr0wer Miles: This week saw several large scale deployments for A-1, allowing for multiple, simultaneous and devistating deepstrikes into the field of battle (Commander Indrick Boreale). On another note, I'd like to see all of the A-1 perticipating in this weeks ART, as always >:/. In short, good week, lots of raids, plenty of PRFs, and +1 maddog Jonesford. Also A-1 meeting on the station to follow directly after the weekly meeting.

[18:03:37] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-II, Evalidus: From Kurama Bingyi:Compared to last week, we saw our activity dip a little bit, but we remain wholly active. The Adjutant hasn't gotten off of his lazy rear to do some work, but good times are around the corner as plans are being put together! To those who wish to join, please seek out Huttser Ishelwood or Awanken Wasp. You can join in on our Dance, Magic, Dance.

[18:04:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-III, Insidiae: From Mackenzie Macbain: Insidiae had yet another solid week, everyone is staying consistent on their numbers and we added a new member to the fold. Insid FTW!

[18:04:32] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-IV, Praescius: From Liam Macalroy: Kinda busy week for A-4 In real life. Glad to see our members still got their raids in! Other than that, wasn't a bad week. New training program will be started at the end of this month/ beginning of March! IF YOU'RE INTERESTING IN JOINING PRAESCIUS, OR JUST WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT US, DON'T HESITATE TO ASK~ IM Afevis Sodertelge or Liam Macalroy anytime! Nothing much more to say.. keep up the good work

[18:04:49] Hollowmengitus Yifu: COHORS B:

> From thatguy Andel: Not a whole lot going on this week in Cohors B. With the new influx of members coming in (yay for that), Cohors B will be focusing on keeping people active with things to do as well as bringing in people back from inactivity. Just a friendly reminder, personel in B-I are to be meeting their one raid a week quota to stay up there and move on to A. Other than that, looking forward to a good week with new faces full of activity. PS: be sure you're getting you're requesting those PRFs. Good way to get QP for the armory!

[18:05:09] Hollowmengitus Yifu: MISC.: Fact: Promotion exams are graded by me; additionally, they are reviewd by the Adj. of Terra, Burrwolf Qin. But, please, remember to take them as serious as you can; it shows that you, by proxy, take this group seriously -- which goes a long why in the grading.

In addition, Praefectus Office Hours are on Friday. Feel free to check out the Terra thread for exact times; I'm 98% of the time going to be there. :)

[18:05:18] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Shit, I meant way, not why.

[18:05:35] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's it for Terra.

[18:05:41] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Schuman?

[18:05:54] Ethan Schuman: Oh, I see how it is. Not even going to wait for me to raise my hand.

[18:06:02] Ethan Schuman: This was a fantastic week for Astra. The first thing of note is that Dascede is in the process of a move, so she's out of commission for the time being. That hasn't been a barrier to Aquila activity, even when you combine it with RL events for a few other members. Until Dascede returns, Azimuth Summerwind has stepped up to take on her responsibilities. Reapers were able to not only mount a successful gathering for flight night, they opted to turn that into an impromptu raid. Props to Achtai and Rei there. In the meantime, Sebris has been working through the roster, contacting pilots who aren't participating as much as they used to. Some of these pilots will be moved to the reserves if their activity remains low, to make room for new blood.

[18:06:28] Ethan Schuman: The most important thing I want to mention is Palaestra. We've picked up a half dozen recruits (maybe more, I can't remember specific names), and Xoza and company are busy getting them trained and ready for combat. It's wonderful to have you guys aboard. Astra is a strong, proud unit, and additional pilots only add to that. I do want to mention one new member specifically. SalemAdams Wobbit has joined up with us, and we're going to make him feel welcome.

[18:06:44] Ethan Schuman: That's all for Astra this week.

[18:07:19] Aryte Vesperia: That is close. I believe five is the total, Schuman. Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:07:22] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:07:30] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python.

[18:07:34] Drasamax Python: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: 24 Schola classes, 67 Armatura classes(Seperate Modules) and 1 NCO-A Ludi Class. Damn IEAs been busy this week. Good work everyone and have some free cookies. :D

[18:07:46] Drasamax Python: To report from my end of things on the Armatura Walkthrough rewrite: B-3, B-4, C-1, C-2, and D-1 are now complete as we continue progressing through the modules.

[18:08:07] Drasamax Python: And for you new folks' who might of been thinking during Schola along the lines of, "My teacher is so awesome, I want to teach classes like them when I graduate." lmao. Or other words simply wondering how to get into the teaching department. You can do so by filling out a form on this forum topic and then posting it in there. Link found here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:09:10] Aryte Vesperia: I am pleased to hear of your progress on the Armatura revisions. :)

[18:09:14] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:09:16] Aryte Vesperia: Additional reports?

[18:09:42] Aryte Vesperia: Final opportunity.

[18:10:10] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on, then:

[18:10:15] Aryte Vesperia: > Developments

[18:10:23] Aryte Vesperia: It is proving to be an outstanding month for development projects. Over the last week, several major construction designs were completed and are prepared for release to the main gear pool.

[18:11:22] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, the first of our new fleet ships has reached release stage. The Enforcer will be a rather challenging item to gain access to, but the power that it carries shall really be secondary to few. The opportunity to pilot the gun cutter shall fall only to those in Astra. As a side note, each Enforcer shall be individually named after individuals in our history and current members who have done feats of greatness on behalf of the group. Naming will likely be done by commission discussion among officers.

[18:12:28] Aryte Vesperia: Additionally, we have begun prepping for release of a bit of a surprise/unexpected project: the Tonitrus. Born primarily out of Disembodied Hand’s whims, the Tonitrus will be a significant inclusion to our fire team powers as a semi-automatic grenade launcher. Sporting a six round magazine, it is capable of laying out a great deal of hurt. It includes multiple grenade types: fused rounds, air burst capabilities, and impact shells. We are exploring the potential of adding a DOT capable grenade to the mix, as well.

[18:13:33] Aryte Vesperia: Along those same lines, the primary Ordo HUD is due for some change. We will be giving it more bite, while making some necessary adjustments to the barricade. The HUD will be picking up a DOT grenade, an EMP (anti-mine) grenade, and somethin’ rather special that will be reserved for unique situations.

[18:14:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu: A bazooka.

[18:14:26] Aryte Vesperia: No.

[18:14:48] Aryte Vesperia: As always, a big thank you to the developers for keeping our gear flowing. You are all awesome.

[18:15:03] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along~ totally running out of time. Oh lord.

[18:15:08] Aryte Vesperia: > Reimagining the Praetorian Auxiliary

[18:15:51] Aryte Vesperia: As part of our ongoing Winter Revisions, talk has been ongoing about making changes to the Praetorian Guard. Among those changes is a second look at how we handle the Auxiliary elements. Originally, the Auxiliary was intended to serve as a recruitment tool. By practice, it has really seen very little use or purpose.

[18:16:36] Aryte Vesperia: Compliments of an idea provided to me by Teron Gray, we are currently exploring a revitalization of the Auxiliary into a sort of revolving specialty group. Under this concept, membership in the Auxiliary will be temporary and reset every X number of days (60, 90?), providing batches of enlisted personnel the opportunity to train and work with the Guard. Auxiliary members would deploy with the Guard on Guard only raids and focus on the combat elements only.

[18:17:37] Aryte Vesperia: Upon the expiration of one’s service with the Auxiliary, the individual would be awarded a merit and a grade based upon their experience. Said grade (and repeated service in the Auxiliary) would be used during Praetorian trials to determine selections to the permanent Praetorian Guard.

[18:18:36] Aryte Vesperia: The details are still in process, but it is looking like a fair probability that we will employ this. In short, the Auxiliary will take the form of . . well, the Ordo’s version of the Deathwatch.

[18:19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along~

[18:19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along~

[18:19:24] Aryte Vesperia: > Munitorum Administration

[18:19:36] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you in Munitorum, this does not come as a surprise. However, we are making a few changes to the overall structure of Munitorum to include administrative non-developers into the mix. The parameters are up to Anlysia Gregoire, but the basic idea is to include a few NCO positions that are management tailored—for example, someone responsible for updating all the project threads, someone responsible for corresponding with gear requests, and someone who handles beta testing.

[18:20:25] Aryte Vesperia: This will give folks interested in Munitorum/assisting in development, who aren’t necessarily developers themselves, to have a chance to work hand in hand with our construction team. Anlysia and I were supposed to discuss this at length last weekend, but it just never panned out. We will do our best to get it finalized and rolled out this weekend.

[18:21:34] Aryte Vesperia: Keep an eye out for position postings on the forums. I speculate at least two NCO roles to open up.

[18:22:08] Aryte Vesperia: Next up~

[18:22:12] Aryte Vesperia: > Information and You (:D)

[18:22:26] Aryte Vesperia: As a general reminder: we post a lot on the forums. Use them. Use your resources—like the rosters and the policy section. They are there to ensure consistency. There’s even an FAQ area. Post any questions or necessity for clarity, so it can be documented for everyone.

[18:23:34] Aryte Vesperia: I am very big on folks being able to look up their answers if there’s an answer to be looked up. It saves me a lot of time (and saves a lot of confusion) if things are documented and reviewed. However, if you aren’t sure where to find something or simply can’t find something, don’t be afraid to ask!

[18:23:50] Aryte Vesperia: Next:

[18:23:51] Aryte Vesperia: > Where’s the squad lockers?

[18:23:58] Aryte Vesperia: They are gone. As is anything that is not unlock related. It didn’t make sense to have them anymore. Just click the master locker! Lockers will henceforth only be for unlock items. Additionally, as soon as I can figure it out, we will be switching to a sort of multi-vendor style that will give folks a chance to unlock the special upgrades for some items (etc).

[18:24:15] Aryte Vesperia: Annnnd lastly:

[18:24:18] Aryte Vesperia: > Raids

[18:25:18] Aryte Vesperia: Short raids are fine and dandy, but please be sure they're the exception to the norm. If we get the impression short 20 minute excursions are being used to pad numbers for elite units, then they will be invalidated. Raid quotas are there to inspire /quality/ combat. If you're waiting until Friday to get your squad #'s in, you've already fucked up anyways.

[18:26:21] Aryte Vesperia: Make use of the time you have and focus on /quality/ over quantity. Sometimes short raids are unavoidable (ex: popped the objective in 20 minutes), but other times .. pretty avoidable.

[18:26:56] Aryte Vesperia: That said. I'll skip the keynote and go over it next week. :} Hey! Four minutes to spare. Thank you all for coming-- sorry for the brief meeting (I know you lament). Use the extra time to get some combat going.

[18:27:09] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions will be up tomorrow! I'll be back in an hour or so. :} Sim open, damage on. Have fun.

[18:27:10] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:27:11] Christoph Batra salutes

[18:27:12] Incognitustealthy Resident salutes.

[18:27:12] Radryl Allen salutes.

[18:27:14] Zero Itamae salutes!

[18:27:14] Vain Composer places fist to shoulder, presenting a terse salute: "For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one."

[18:27:15] Kasumi Quartz salutes, " Ruhm zu dem Imperator"

[18:27:16] Riff Petrov salutes!

[18:27:16] Disraeli Calderwood salutes.

[18:27:16] Heavy666 Bolden salutes.

[18:27:16] Shizzerk Kostolany salutes!

[18:27:18] maddog Jonesford salutes!

[18:27:18] Azimuth Summerwind salutes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.