Clicky

Mark Karlfeldt

ITT: WE TALK ABOUT REVOLVERS

In my experience, there is just no redeeming qualities about a .22 other than price per round. The "bounce around inside of you" is a complete myth. For it to do that, it would need to encounter bone thick enough to deflect the bullet, but also the bullet would need to retain enough velocity to change direction and keep traveling. It's highly improbable since you're talking about the bullet traveling through solid mass like muscle and organs.

The myth started when people said that the .22 had enough power to enter the human skull, but not exit. So it would just bounce. This is false. The brain matter would stop a .22 caliber bullet at about 3/4 to an inch. I've heard this myth all over. Being from the south, there are a lot of people who think they know everything about firearms and they perpetuate this rediculous myth.

I remember hearing this myth in about the sixth grade and the kid said "Yeah, it travels inside your veins and bounces between your bones all the way through you body."

epic-jackie-chan-template.png

edit: I have no problem with the .223/5.56. I believe those are good rounds.

All bullets fired at the right place can be lethal, and no, .22LR doesn't really 'bounce' as Krow has gone over. All projectiles are immediately slowed by the very nature of the body being composed of water. The answer to the great debate of 'What would you rather be shot by?' is D. None of the Above.

.22LR revolvers are fun though because they hold moar boolits.

words

While I have never heard any of that nonsense, especially the brain and vein thing, I know from experience that it can ricochet off a rib at least once :P

(long story, in short alcohol + red neck family + cousin cleaning a .22 with round left in chamber after popping turtles and small animals on farm = taking one in the ribcage and traveling from initial rib 2 ribs up and getting lodged.)

Then it would be deflection. That's not uncommon in any caliber, as I've heard rounds as large as .45 caliber have deflected off shoulderblades.

However, when a .22LR drops to about 77 footpounds at 100 yards, the round loses it's usefulness. A .22 short only has about 70 footpounds at muzzle. I stand by my statement and say that .22 is only good for teaching kids and just plinking around in the back yard.

I hardly ever pull out my considerable gun knowledge, but I'm always happy to do so when it comes to the usefulness (or lack thereof) of the .22 caliber family.

it almost killed a president. Ronald Reagan. ;p

Im not trying to suggest that .22 are the best ever or that they bounce indefinitely inside you (I simply heard that the deflection as you put it isnt uncommon with .22) im just saying that when the time comes if thats all you have you dont have to worry about it not being able to do the job. And considering most gunfights / home defense shootings are within a few feet the whole range thing doesnt matter too much

(Edit: For the record, I much prefer my XD40 over my .22 any day still ;p )

Lets remix how it revolves.

6_barrel_revolver_rare_1.jpg

reportedly a revolving japanese cannon, naval presumably?

MG-1-001-12.jpg

Whether Puckle's 7 barrel flintlock

MG-1-033-8.jpg

"confederate" revolving cannon, ((Looks like a drawing/shoop ))

There is a record of one being used in the defense of Petersburg, Va. Another was purchased by Gov. Zebulon B. Vance of North Carolina, and called by his skeptical constituents "Vance's folly." Later this weapon was captured by a Union cavalry unit under Maj. Gen. George Stoneman at Salisbury, N. C., in April 1865.

dscn6510.jpg

a carbine by a guy named collier in 1820ish

machinemortar.jpg

18th century russian artillery

Thats pretty slick, the idea of having optional 4 shots of whatever you want like 1 tube for breach, 1 tube for beanbags, 2 tubes for slugs or some sort of shot ect makes it handy for law enforcement who likely wont be engaging too much, with a full lethal magazine tube on the side.

Thats pretty slick, the idea of having optional 4 shots of whatever you want like 1 tube for breach, 1 tube for beanbags, 2 tubes for slugs or some sort of shot ect makes it handy for law enforcement who likely wont be engaging too much, with a full lethal magazine tube on the side.

The Neostead 2000 and the new Kel-Tec shotgun have dual feed tubes and are capable of feeding from one or the other at the flip of a lever (or can feed for both by alternating).

They should make multi purpose magazines for that thing. All they'd have to do is make different colored marks on the tubes. Like red for lethal, blue for non-lethal, etc. Otherwise, if I were law enforcement and got to use that, I'd put different colored tape on the tubes to distinguish which type of round I'm loading.