Clicky

Deadmon

XBOX 720

First lemme start by saying Xbox sucks. Deal with it.

Aside from that IM sure there are plenty of people that are interested in this information so I figured id share.

1: the Xbox 720 chipset is already in production, expect a release next year by most estimates.

2: The 720 is reportedly not going to be using a disc drive -at all- and instead will have a SD-like card for transferring and storing information. (perhaps actual SD, but more likely a specific microsoft/Xbox type of card)

3: the specs should top PS3's specs,

Guest Afevis

Some people think itll be sorta like the old cartridges with this new SD-esque system. I think that would be weird when Blue ray are available.

History repeats itself.

console-vs1.jpg

The SD card thing could be fine if you can still rent and purchase physical copies.

All glory to the PC gaming master race. We pioneered the digital storefront with Steam.

And uhhh. I dunno. If they go entirely steam-like, that's more money for them via xbox live game sales, but... A lot of game retailers will be losing out.

Edit: I can get a blu-ray player at wal-mart for like 50 bucks, now. And with xbox live having that deal going with Netflix, it's not a huge deal.