Clicky

Aryte

Sons of Takistan

Wanted to point out that I find it hilarious that Cheddar was there. He's been playing on the server I've been on with U.S. SOCOM. He is THE worst pilot I've ever seen. Every time he's flown a helo for us he's either crashed and killed the entire team or gotten most of us killed through other means.

Wanted to point out that I find it hilarious that Cheddar was there. He's been playing on the server I've been on with U.S. SOCOM. He is THE worst pilot I've ever seen. Every time he's flown a helo for us he's either crashed and killed the entire team or gotten most of us killed through other means.

Rei, is this that same Dumbass we saw when you and I fighting in our M2 Brads, who blew himself up by calling in arty ontop of himself? Then reported you to an admin for his death b/c you had a negitive kill number from an eariler fight?

Rei, is this that same Dumbass we saw when you and I fighting in our M2 Brads, who blew himself up by calling in arty ontop of himself? Then reported you to an admin for his death b/c you had a negitive kill number from an eariler fight?

No, that was Vance.

Carrious, Loki, thatguy, Twitchy and I (Cameltoe Rodeo) parked a car in the middle of road and set up positions around it. When a cop pulled up to impound it, I blew the Ffff out of him with an RPG. We stole his SUV and moved up the road to the government complex. We repeated the ambush. The same cop I blew up before drove up in a GPK Humvee. We killed him and stole his Humvee. We moved up and started murdering cops and helicopters; we nearly started another war between the cops and the UN by firing on a UN C-130 as it took off from the runway. I finally got gunned down by a cop in another Hummer, but the rest are still operating and Ffffing people up....small ambushes are the way to go, trust me.

Standard insurgency tactics were employed to great effect. As George stated earlier, a spectacular ambush destroyed the first cop, repeated with small arms at another site. Focus was placed on mobility to avoid the prospect of engaging a QRF and to ensure that they could not muster to repel a predictable ambush site. If enemy elements were not wiped out entirely, forces broke contact to lead pursuers into secondary ambushes where they could be gunned down at our leisure. Four of us killed a great many of them with little trouble.

This illustrates several points that should be touched upon and refined for uncontested dominance. I will go over these each in detail.

- We do not require a base, vast sums of money, or advanced equipment to achieve victory. Standard assault rifles will be sufficient, especially when tactics are shifted to engage the enemy on our terms. This can be done very quickly.

- Communication was disciplined, coherent, and efficient. While it is easy to dismiss this advantage to our limited numbers, it is a microcosm of success that displays what must be employed to make large-scale operations smooth: If we are engaging the enemy, shut up. I will elaborate upon that in an upcoming communications class but to summarize it: If you are not in a command position you do not need to talk. Team leaders will provide sitreps.

- Mobility is key. We are an underarmed and equipped group when placed side by side with the police. Their tactics obsess over superior technology, gifted marksman, and poorly organized infantry rushes. Heavy ground equipment moves ponderously and is easily negated with Rasman's numerous streets, alleys, and buildings. Air is not a problem when you are in a building and can be dispatched by a flanking fire team. Marksman are negated by denying them the line of sight they require to be effective. Their infantry can be drawn into fatal funnels where they can be mowed down.

- We are most lethal at mid-range. Long range exposes us to their marksman and close-range, without prior preparation, allows the enemy to set the tempo of battle. We must manipulate them into engaging us on our terms and, at mid-range, an AK is sufficient.

Gentlemen, taking the time to gather armor, superweapons, and air places us on the same playing field as the Police and UN. The difference is that they can reacquire that equipment easily whereas we are severely set back and our assault or defense is immediately crippled.

Give our men cheap, easily acquired weaponry. Our leadership and training are weapons far out of their league.

Twitchy, (I think Heavy), and I blasted a cop to pieces when he stopped us at the primary checkpoint crossing the border. Heavy (I think) shot him up with the pistol, somehow dealing only minimum damage, and I finished it off with the XM8. Then after, we took the Humvee to the Terror camp and finished off the police raid going on there.

It was glorious. Most fun I had in Arma in a while.

Carrious, they're going to times all civilian equipment and vehicle by 8. So everything is going to cost 8 times more. Huttser, Loki, and I were talking to an admin last night, defending our rampage with the Mk19 mounted on an unarmored humvee that they couldn't seem to destroy.

For some reason, they think it's a good idea. I'm considering arguing the point with them.

Cop leadership is... tenuous at best. Only a few members over there have the ability to actually enforce any sort of discipline over there TS. Kill a few of them and their communications will break down into a jumbled mess of 13 year olds bemoaning their lost SUV whilst the older members sit their and grumble about DMing. Our communication discipline gives us an immeasurable advantage. Remember though that cops re-spawn with their weapons, unlimited vehicles and alot more armor then we do, so don't get bogged down for too long. (Unless it's the bank where the two entrances really Ffff them up, IEDs FTW)