Clicky

Tsume Xiao

Ordo Idol (Karaoke Contest) - Win Prizes and QP

Score is calculated by adding up points from the three judging categories. One of the judges only gave an overall score, so that will be multiplied by two added to the total.

--------------------

Name: Carrious Darbyshire

Branch: Terra - Insidiae

Song: Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On

Method: Acapella

---Scoring---

Judge 1: 17

Judge 2: 16

Judge 3: 17

Judge 4: 7x2 = 14

Total: 64

---Comments---

Judge 1: Well, you stuck to the lyrics. Not bad. The tune is recognizable at least.

Judge 2: Besides humorous, gave effort.

Judge 3: Carrious was trying not to laugh, you can sense the smile when he is singing. Going to be blunt here, the tone was off. Not ear-piercing off, just needed a bit more work. They got the lyrics pretty much down pat outside of a few (very minor) mistakes. Pretty good considering there was no vocal aid.

Judge 4: Carrious's interpretation of the famed Celine Dion song was very accurate. Carrious's voice shook at some parts, but otherwise it was smooth. On a scale of 1-10, I'm going to have to say Carrious's performance was worth a solid 7. Minus points for performing a song traditionally performed by a pearly voiced female performer while having a penis.

--------------------

Name: Awanken Wasp

Branch: Terra - Evalidus

Song: Eggy - Bouncy feeling (Munamies - Pomppufiilis)

Method: Sing-over

---Scoring---

Judge 1: 19

Judge 2: 19

Judge 3: 21

Judge 4: 4x2 = 8

Total: 67

---Comments---

Judge 1: Thank you for not actually attempting to do this song in Munamies's voice [and] also for doing this song in English. I'd have a hell of a time trying to follow this in Finnish. Bonus points for appropriate accent. Balance-wise, I'm going to have to be blunt. Very off key.

Judge 2: Maybe show some more into the vocals, however showed good enthusiasm and humor of the song.

Judge 3: Dear god, this song is hilarious. Minor mistakes with the lyrics. The aid in the background definitely helped this one stay in tone and keep their vocal balance.

Judge 4: Awanken is clearly not the best of singers. His pronunciation is funny and [his balance is] as balanced as a drunken Finnish singer can be.

--------------------

Name: Mark Karlfeldt

Branch: Terra

Song: MLP:FIM - Winter Wrap Up

Method: Singover.

---Scoring---

Judge 1: 22

Judge 2: 18

Judge 3: 27

Judge 4: 6x2 = 12

Total: 79

---Comments---

Judge 1: Good tone quality to your voice, but you need to learn how to breathe properly. Sounds like you had some trouble keeping up with some of the fast parts during the chorus, and you stopped at the end when there were still words left. >:[ You followed the melody pretty well and I bet that high note at the end was a bitch.

Judge 2: Was out of tune but showed the effort to sing the song correctly.

Judge 3: Figures Mark would choose a song related to MLP. Regardless, it didn’t even sound like you when you were singing which is pretty awesome. Running out of breath during the song. Mark said all of the lyrics, for what he sang, which is awesome. Overall it was a excellent performance.

Judge 4: Performing a My Little Pony song for a karaoke contest is what I expected, knowing Mark. But his performance wasn't all that bad even if he did make himself out to be a total gay fairy. Just as [correct as] if performed by a cartoon pony.

--------------------

Name: Chris Poitier

Branch: Astra

Song: Monthy Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Method: Traditional Karaoke

---Scoring---

Judge 1: 21

Judge 2: 20

Judge 3: 25

Total: 78

---Comments---

Judge 1: It's a goofy song but you did pretty well by it vocally. Bonus points for attempting a comical British accent. Not bad. You stuck to the melody pretty well and delivered a decent rendition. Bonus points for goofy MIDI background track.

Judge 2: Showed effort, worked to stick with the lyrics and the tone of the song, showing the humorous side of it.

Judge 3: I giggled at the fake British accent throughout the song. Chris even quoted the beginning of the credit music! Communicated the lyrics well, regardless of being hard to understand at some times due to the forced accent. For not having a direct-vocal aid, Chris did pretty well.

Judge 4: Chris got a pretty good kick out of me with this performance, enough to get me singing along to it. Monty Python did always have some great songs, and they're easy to sing and just as entertaining as always. His voice cracked a couple of times. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life has always been a song that has been generally open to interpretation for anyone who sings. There was nothing particularly incorrect about Chris' performance.

--------------------

Name: Kurama Bingyi

Song: Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Method: Acapella

---Scoring---

Judge 1: 14

Judge 4: 3x2 = 6

Total: 65

---Comments---

Judge 1: You only sang the first verse. I know this is the only part people usually hear before they close the tab, but still. Carried the tune decently, but it sounds like you struggled with the high parts. Somehow you've managed to make it sound like you ARE Rick Astley, but whisper-singing so as not to wake up roommates. I am impressed.

Judge 2: Funny to how they were singing the song.

Judge 3: Sounds like he has the voice of Rick Astley. Listened to it more than once because I swear I could hear the non-existent music in the background. Only sang two stanzas, but it was a good stanza let me tell you.

Judge 4: Absolute rubbish. I felt that the only good part of this performance was the end. That and it was a Rick Astley song that I think everyone has grown tired of hearing. In regards to performance, Kurama did OK.

--------------------

Name: Kyra Vixen

Song: Disturbed - I'm Alive

Method: Traditional Karaoke Style

---Scoring---

Judge 1: 16

Judge 3: 20

Judge 4: 5x2 = 10

Total: 64

---Comments---

Judge 1: You lose the melody in a lot of places. Bonus points for having the actual backing track and following the lyrics correctly. I'm getting the feeling that some of the higher parts are probably out of your vocal range, so a lot of it sounds strained. Don't sweat it though, nu-metal is a tough genre to record at home for karaoke purposes.

Judge 2: Needs better tone to the music background.

Judge 3: Ballsy going for a rock song for a karaoke contest. Going to be blunt and honest, tone was off and this had to be turned down on my end. Very minor slip up on the lyrics

Judge 4: Other than the bad microphone quality at times, Kyra's performance was average. His voice needs more "death rattle." He should try drinking a glass of water before performing a song like this.

--------------------

Name: Krin Redgrave

Song: Shinedown - 45

Method: Singover

---Scoring---

Judge 1: 26

Judge 2: 27

Judge 3: 25

Total: 90

---Comments---

Judge 1: Good sense of legato and you can carry a tune well to boot. I'm not going to lie, I hate Shinedown and pretty much every band that sounds like it, but you have that nu-metal inflection down, so I have to give this a good score.

Judge 2: Nice pitch and tone. Showed feeling into the song, and the meaning behind it.

Judge 3: A lot better than I expected, tone was a little off but Krin compensated well. It's a touching song and he grabbed and vocally displayed the feel for it. The two long "FIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE"’s at the end of the song leaves much to be desired, but the rest of the song is was awesome and moving.

Judge 4: This is actually the first time I heard Shinedown's 45, and I had to go over to the song to listen to it. I think Krin's voice would be more suited towards the scream-o/growly side of metal than this. I felt that Krin was really trying to go towards literal interpretation here and tried to mimic the singer a lot.

--------------------

Name: Tsume Xiao

Song: Arlo Guthrie – The Motorcycle Song

Method: Singover

---Scoring---

Judge 1: ✡+✡+✡ = ?

Judge 2: 20

Judge 4: Did Not Judge ?

Total: (✡x3) +20+27+

---Comments---

Judge 1: אני לא הולך לדרג אותך בתחרות שלך (Seriously though, it was pretty good.)

Judge 2: Hard to hear the voice over the music in the background. Not bad for staying along in the lyrics thought from what I did hear.

Judge 3: Couldn't really tell the difference between the voices, not too sure if it was the volume of the music being played or just an excellence in voice matching. However, there were a few minor hiccups, very minor.

Judge 4:

--------------------

Final Scores

Carrious Darbyshire: 64

Awanken Wasp: 67

Mark Karlfeldt: 79

Chris Poitier: 78

Kurama Bingyi: 65

Kyra Vixen: 64

Krin Redgrave: 90

Tsume Xiao: (✡x3) +20+27+ ? =???

Ranking