Clicky

Aryte

7APR12 - Main Meeting

[18:02:33] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome everyone. Thank you all for joining in, especially considering the major family holiday. A lot of folks are out and about because of it.

[18:03:06] Aryte Vesperia: Lets get to it.

[18:03:08] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 306

Cadets: 6

Applications

New: 7

Accepted: 0

Denied: 1

Review: 6

Operations

Defensive: 77

Offensive: 21

Allied Assist: 0

[18:03:40] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes for this week: discussing the mainstay of our diplomatic interactions during the primary portion of the meeting. However, outside of that topic, there have been no major developments to really underline. This week we have seen a rapid diminution to the “teen grid army” crusade to the point where we have only interacted with Osirion once this week and New Rome a grand total of zero times. That is not to say the fire won’t rekindle, especially on account of Osirion’s new region build. To their credit, it is fairly fun (aside from being a homestead).

[18:04:10] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports for this week?

[18:04:16] Azimuth Summerwind raises hand for Astra.

[18:05:11] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Montpark.

[18:06:03] Sebris Montpark: This report has been written by Ethan thanks to Azimuth for taking initiative in receiving it! Activity, training, and raid deployment were low this week, and that can be attributed to multiple factors. Achtai is now living with Xoza and the two of them are settling in together, so Reapers is being run by Davey for the time being. Rei is acting as a mentor for Azimuth to turn him into a better leader. I have high hopes for him not only in this regard, but he has been making technical contributions as well.

[18:06:42] Sebris Montpark: Now, this next announcement is somewhat large. On Tuesday at 5PM SLT, we're going to have an open Astra meeting. Everyone is allowed and encouraged to attend. Topics for discussion will be whatever you guys want to bring up. It will be a completely open forum, so if there's something you want to get out into the open, then you can raise the issue there. The meeting will be run by Nikki and myself, though other staff members will be there as well. If you cannot make the meeting, write your concerns on a notecard and offline it to me. The format should be: 10APR12 Astra Meeting - <Name>. You can request the topic to be addressed anonymously, just mention so in the notecard. Again, I STRONGLY encourage you to make use of this opportunity to provide feedback, so we can help make Astra better for you guys.

[18:07:19] Thriller Dancer: Say 'on' or 'off'to turn me on or off, or 'help' for more commands

[18:07:25] Sebris Montpark: That is all from Astra this week.

[18:07:29] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:07:34] Aryte Vesperia: One moment.

[18:07:34] Aryte Vesperia: on

[18:07:38] Aryte Vesperia: Darn.

[18:07:44] Incognitustealthy Resident: off

[18:07:49] loki Cramer: on

[18:07:51] Kasumi Quartz: on

[18:07:51] Aryte Vesperia: Oh it worked. LOL.

[18:07:56] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu?

[18:08:05] Incognitustealthy Resident: off

[18:08:09] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Good evening, Ordo. Terra had a below average week this week in terms of activity in-world, but we had astounding activity in ArmA II. While the team building is great in ArmA, we mustn't forget our responsibilities in Second Life.

[18:08:10] Kasumi Quartz: on >.>

[18:08:32] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Moving right along. Trainings were done this week, inter-squad. Many thanks for doing them! It should also be stated that all squads are currently open to recruitment; as we shuffle out inactive members in preparation for Summer, we're really looking for up-and-coming members to replace vacancies.

[18:08:55] Hollowmengitus Yifu: For B command, thatguy would like to have a meeting sometime this week "to go through all of the rosters to make a check off to make sure people are doing what they need to be doing."

That's it for Terra this week.

[18:09:40] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:09:41] Radryl Allen raises his morning star.

[18:09:51] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Allen.

[18:10:02] Radryl Allen: Good evening everyone. Not many things happened lately, but I would like to let everyone know that we may be looking for a ADJ to Adstutia yet as nobody filled the spot, and we REALLY need new members as most of our members just got inactive.

[18:10:18] Radryl Allen: On other news, I would like to remind everyone that "EB", Exercito Brasileiro, Brazilian Army, Derpland, is NOT a walk in the park anymore, like I pointed out before, they received new gear during the time that they were making part of UBC, on other words, they got tons of explosives, so make sure you get people with a good quantity of weapons if you decide to attack them. Also as some might know, 1331 is already open, it is located on Cyclone, probably Davey will be putting up the LM on the board soon, it is a new place, and well, the objectives are pretty far away from each other, their leader is willing to give me a "tour" at their base to give me the full explanation about the objectives, but well, that is the Imperator's call.

[18:10:52] Radryl Allen: That is all.

[18:11:13] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you Mr. Allen. Any other reports tonight?

[18:11:46] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Moving on then! Lots of fun to talk about.

[18:12:02] Aryte Vesperia: > General Update

[18:12:21] Aryte Vesperia: More news on the Archetype front: the side items for each designation are proceeding along great. I have received the initial pieces to the commissar set and am rather impressed. Although it is fairly improbable I’ll ever be able to mod this to fit my own head, it sure looks awesome in general (haha).

[18:13:02] Aryte Vesperia: The total set of items should be hammered out here by the end of the month. Scripting and actual deployment of the Archetypes should not be too far behind it.

[18:14:17] Aryte Vesperia: In other news: the Revision Project is starting to round the bend. We are coming rather close to completing all of the stated goals—notably a couple of months behind intended goal, but still making a significant progress. Upon completion, we will definitely sit back and assess our successes to draft a new undertaking to carry our development momentum well in to 2013.

[18:14:57] Aryte Vesperia: I do want to note I am preparing announcement of a major project that would be lined up for the summer months, but I shall leave that detail for coming meetings. I am confident it will be a pleasing mention to most!

[18:16:06] Aryte Vesperia: > Revision of the CAE

[18:16:26] Aryte Vesperia: As posted yesterday: in order to facilitate a more healthy and readily available, active raid leadership queue, the following changes are hereby enacted:

- rank permissions based on tiers;

- assignment to tiers based upon capability, rather than rank;

- rank utilized as a baseline, but exceptions listed publicly with approval levels.

[18:17:39] Aryte Vesperia: Currently, raid permissions are based explicitly upon rank. As such, an individual-- no matter how qualified must receive approval for areas above their pay grade. The set up is, right now:

• Tier 1: Authority clearance restricted to [i-1].

• Tier 2: Authority clearance restricted to [O-1+].

• Tier 3: Authority clearance restricted to [E-8].

• Tier 4: Authority clearance restricted to [E-5+], with approval by an [O-1].

[18:18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Under the provisions, it shall now be shaped a bit differently. Compulsory permissions shall begin be modified. As now listed under the CAE in the policy section of the forums:

[18:19:22] Aryte Vesperia: • Tier 1: Authority to lead assaults against politically charged or unusually difficult targets. Individuals listed below are hereby granted the authorization outside of rank requirement. Compulsory approval restricted to [i-1].

• Tier 2: Authority to lead assaults against potentially challenging targets. Individuals listed below are hereby granted the authorization outside of rank requirement. Compulsory approval restricted to [O-1+].

• Tier 3: Authority to lead assaults against standard targets. Individuals listed below are hereby granted the authorization outside of rank requirement. Compulsory approval restricted to [E-4+].

• Tier 4: Authority to lead assaults to low intensity targets. Individuals listed below are hereby granted the authorization outside of rank requirement. Compulsory approval restricted to [E-3+].

[18:20:31] Aryte Vesperia: Along with the aforementioned, changes are being made to the [E-8] role. Rather than restricting targets to a very exclusive rank, the [E-8] position will be a bit more expanded-- however, focus shall be put upon teaching [E-8] members the skills needed to operate at a Tier 2 (or greater) level.

[18:21:35] Aryte Vesperia: As such: particularly qualified individuals will be placed in higher tiers than their rank permits. Additionally, the completion of formal education will be used to weight the tier progression. This will allow us to designate particularly elite NCOs with permission to engage in targets that would otherwise require a great deal of red tape.

[18:23:32] Aryte Vesperia: > 2142

[18:24:16] Aryte Vesperia: After careful consideration, I have decided to orchestrate a shift in policy with 2142 back to a standard understanding of hostility. As part of such, I have authored an open letter to the organization detailing our intents. As the letter reads:

[18:25:35] Aryte Vesperia: “It would be unnecessary to say our relationship with 2142 has been arduous. The appearance is fairly vivid. Consistently, our organizations have bumped heads and inspired negative interactions. To be frank, it would seem to me that the last era in which 2142 and the Ordo actually “got along” stretches some years ago to a time that Eazy101 Wilber claimed the title of 2142 General.

[18:26:57] Aryte Vesperia: The “whys” behind the bad blood are fairly difficult to piece together. Our history of interaction is one that is considerably long. Most recently, the events in which the Ordo responded to matters of espionage by 2142 with firepower really served to underline the level of depravity our relationship has reached. I do not intend to use this writing is to defend our own actions or damn 2142, nor am I particularly interested in either side posturing by supplying apologies for any of our mutual transgressions. I adduce: realistically speaking, apologies look pretty on paper, but often times only go so far. Further, there really is no reason for either of us to seek additional privation of our stances by pretending to care about one another’s “side” of the story.

[18:29:13] Aryte Vesperia: However, what the Ordo will offer and will pursue from our side is a clean slate. There is absolutely no reason to believe anything will come of this, but despite my pessimism, it is certainly worth its weight in effort to give it the opportunity. If 2142 wishes to match this effort: great. If not, that is great too. We do not expect concession or special consideration. Simply, we will give it a shot out of respect and interest in continuing the ongoing interaction without a heavy undertone of malice.”

[18:30:33] Aryte Vesperia: To be certain, the most efficacious way of dealing with 2142 is on the field. We seek not to apologize (nor will we), nor particularly expect them to posture and apologize for their own part in the dance. There is no doubt that each side is deeply rooted in the belief that the other is the aggressor. I cannot say I do not believe that 2142 is the party responsible for the bad blood. But I do so having grokked the reality they are every bit as certain it is our burden.

[18:32:01] Aryte Vesperia: I am neither so daft nor so optimistic that this will turn the page in our relationship with 2142. But I seek to keep the blood flowing on the field, rather than behind closed doors in political squabbles.

[18:33:11] Aryte Vesperia: > Keynote

[18:33:48] Aryte Vesperia: For today’s keynote, I feel it is important we return to the discussion of combat and the handling of events in combat. Notably, I seek to do so by covering three main topics: military virtue, boldness, and victory.

[18:35:25] Aryte Vesperia: Military virtue is distinct in its quality. It is separate from enthusiasm or bravery, but it plays well into either of the aforementioned. It is the endurance, the aptitude—the mettle of an organization; the capability to take to the field a sense of natural instinct of action. It is demonstrated by a force’s ability to maintain its function and professionalism in the most strenuous of moments. It is demonstrated by the individual’s capability to overcome doubts or impulse to maintain a respect for success, to view turmoil or difficulty as a means to victory.

[18:37:09] Aryte Vesperia: It is, for all intents, a culture that permeates within the Ordo. A culture we must embrace and expect. An army that has high regard for military virtue is an army that is efficient, orderly, and capable of standing against the fiercest of storms. Military virtue is personified by a desire to seek the spirit of the corps, a desire to overcome hardships in battle, and to weather whatever internal issues may arise.

[18:39:18] Aryte Vesperia: In battle, the Ordo should and shall demonstrate its military virtue through the consistent display and use of processes—ART, respect for command, and confidence in each situation. The Ordo should not and will not falter in the face of large forces, individuals pushing our rules, or situations beyond our control. It is our intent and our ability to look at a situation (for example, an attacking force abusing our rules) not as misfortune, but as an opportunity to bear it well to our fortune. That is not to say in the aforementioned that said abuses should go unpunished, but it should be the explicit design of estate teams to deal with said abuses. The soldier. The fighters should be and shall be impervious to transgression or privation by abuses.

[18:41:01] Aryte Vesperia: Boldness is the willingness of a body of troops or an individual troop to undertake a task. Among a team, boldness is the cultivation of a capability to make self-sacrifice, to preserve others, and uphold the good of the whole. Boldness is passion.

[18:43:13] Aryte Vesperia: There is an important distinction to make: boldness born out of necessity is resolution. Boldness born out of desire and intrinsic confidence to overcome is true boldness. To underscore: if a body of troops is being forced to undertake ART conditions and does so, they are resolute. If a body of troops embraces ART conditions and does so with zeal, they are bold. The former is acceptable, the latter is commendable. Obedience in a military standard is of the greatest importance, but if a concept is embraced and drawn together without need of force or the use of imperium, then it is a quality that underlines the grand capability of an individual or a group.

[18:44:30] Aryte Vesperia: Ordo soldiers need to be bold. The Ordo has always functioned on boldness and the perseverance of the individual with the interest of the collective. To be resolute, to be capable of undertaking a task by order or policy is a good foundation. To be bold, to want and desire to undertake a task because it creates greater good for the organization is the excellence we confide within.

[18:46:55] Aryte Vesperia: The Ordo seeks not simple victory. Rather, we seek a lasting, eternal since of dominance on all fields. Whether it is ideology or practice, we are focused on the conception of victory as a whole: to ensure a greater loss of hostile physical power, moral powers, and open avowal of relinquishment of intentions by the enemy. Sportsmanship is an allotted norm to those whom seek sportsmanship in kind. Although honor and virtue as our hallmark carries us into every interaction, it is only by total privation of an enemy’s moral force that we are assured their incapability of further resistance. We speak not of “group destruction,” but of our own ability to maintain against all odds.

[18:48:20] Aryte Vesperia: We are, and must be, without exception, a force to be reckoned with on all fronts. It is by this that we set such high regard for excellence and ever push toward higher obtainment of mastery. Every individual here plays a part in that obtainment, regardless of their individual skills or time commitment. Every individual is an integral piece to our grand organization.

[18:49:21] Aryte Vesperia: In closing. I wish you all a safe and happy Easter. Per the norm, we shall be on stand down standards for the major holiday. As such, please use tonight to get raids out. This is your opportunity to get blood before the break. Tomorrow will be casual dress, but we will still do ART (etc).

[18:49:49] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for being here. It means a lot that you made the time to do so. Our pre-holiday meetings are always light, but as important as any other.

[18:49:53] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed! Hail!

[18:49:54] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:49:55] BurrWolf Qin salutes! "For the Glory of the Imperium!"

[18:49:56] Kasumi Quartz salutes, " Ruhm zu dem Imperator"

[18:49:56] Azimuth Summerwind salutes!

[18:49:57] Radryl Allen salutes.

[18:49:57] Kyra Vixen salutes! "For the glory of the Imperator!"

[18:49:58] SalemAdams Wobbit salutes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.