Clicky

Aryte

21APR12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00:07] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome everyone. Thank you all for joining in. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until provided the opportunity to speak.

[18:00:35] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 308

Cadets: 9

Applications

New: 10

Accepted: 2

Denied: 3

Review: 5

Operations

Defensive: 106

Offensive: 20

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:01:07] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic events: situations this week have been pretty interesting. Foremost, interactions with 2142 have resumed after the group attempted an assault on Titan earlier in the week. The battle went relatively well, although there were some notable questions regarding some of 2142’s new technology choices. Additionally, the political lines seemed to blur a tad as Ordo forces wound up supporting Osirion briefly against Chaos and Arkreign (not to be confused with Ark).

[18:01:16] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:01:32] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:01:57] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:02:03] Ethan Schuman: We had a good week since the last meeting. While combat activity was only moderate, training activity has been through the roof, and a lot of that has been thanks to Twitchy's (Incognitus) efforts. I'd like to take a quick second here and commend him publicly for his dedication. You've done a good job, Twitch. Keep up the good work. I'd also like to congratulate all new Astra pilots on passing their training with such exceptional success. Be you human, furry, or half-pint serial killer, we're glad to have you onboard. As mentioned earlier via notice, our staff meetings now occur on Tuesdays. While I'm always available for Astra or Ordo related questions at any time, please feel more than free to message me directly after those meetings if you'd like to know more about what's going on.

[18:03:34] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:03:38] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu?

[18:03:49] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Good evening, Ordo. Terra had a fairly mundane week overall.

Trainings were held, kudos to Invictus for being so proactive in that respect.

Additionally, Evalidus is still making headway with internal squad development; should you fancy their style of combat, I highly recommend talking to their command.

Insidiae has been gobbled up by ArmA II, it seems! However, I'm certain that they'll make up for it next week.

Praescius is still running; if you like being the multi-tool in regards to combat, I implore you to look into the squad.

That's all for Terra this week, have a wonderful weekend.

[18:04:41] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:04:43] Radryl Allen raises his mace.

[18:05:11] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Allen.

[18:05:19] Radryl Allen: Good evening everyone, this is Adstutia here giving you the news! Terrible way to start, is not it? Anyway, we got a few news here and some comments.

As most of you might know, SCI was dead, but we just received some information and looks like they are coming back, and while they rise, ISA fall... yeah, ISA Is dead now. SCI will keep making part of UBC alliance with Meggido.

Moving on, I would like to inform that Adstutia is looking for new members as most of our old members gave up or went inactive and it is kind of delaying our work.

[18:05:34] Radryl Allen: For those who never heard about Adstutia, here is a quick intro, Adstutia is a group that was found to deal with organizations that do not speak english (mainly the brazilian organizations), our work is to keep our relation with them stable and in case something weird happen, we are the ones who will try to talk to them about it, so we also deal with international diplomacy, this is a group with many functions, we also get information that usually we could not get as they just announce those things on portuguese, if you still have questions you can ask me or Tonet Millar about it. For now we will take off the ranking requirements (on other words, even a Milites could join it.) as we need more people here.

[18:06:08] Radryl Allen: And to finish the report.. .TAKE THE PORTUGUESE CLASSES. >:| because we have a lot of portuguese speakers attacking us everyday and translators will NOT work, it would be like trying to translate slangs or english typonese, it simply will not translate, and sometimes the translator can put you in a bad situation. ( We had a problem with it before). So do not be afraid of taking the classes, they are only three and they are pretty fast.).

[18:06:15] Radryl Allen: That is all.

[18:06:45] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional?

[18:06:53] DaveyDarkStrider Oh raises hand for tactica

[18:07:22] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Oh.

[18:08:57] DaveyDarkStrider Oh: This is really just a quick message, Tactica is still looking for some fresh faces to fill up some of the open reports we have standing, I will also be making several changes to how Tactica works to try and streamline incoming information and to make sure the right people are getting the correct info on groups. As well as that the Tactica wiki is almost ready, we're currently on phase 2 of implementing this system and should hopefully have this ready soon.

[18:09:37] DaveyDarkStrider Oh: So if you would like to apply for Tactica, just send me a notecard with a little information about yourself and what skills you can bring, that is all from Tactica.

[18:10:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Final call.

[18:10:35] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Moving on.

[18:10:47] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Updates

[18:11:15] Aryte Vesperia: Compliments to the tireless efforts of Munitorum and Mr. Xiao, the HUD update is rounding the bend and nearing completion. As is, the core elements are function and are simply waiting on a texture revision so that grenade types properly display the corresponding selection. With the release of the new HUD, the average trooper will be invested with the ability to utilize a rather potent device—it is a special situation grenade that will be explicitly heavy in authorization.

[18:12:12] chris Poitier raises hand

[18:12:18] Aryte Vesperia: The destructive capability of said grenade will provide force multiplication, with permissible use restricted only to events in which we are faced with unusual armor types. For example, it will be permitted to be used against heavy-filter armor used by some of our select enemies. This will enable us to face these issues abroad and increase our ability to project deployments are hardened targets.

[18:12:35] chris Poitier lowers hand.

[18:13:16] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Contest

[18:13:44] Aryte Vesperia: Earlier this week, the finally card selection was announced in the way of another contest. The idea: to post lessons learned for the good of the Ordo. About a dozen people stepped up to participate. You can find the total list of participants and their individual entries here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/16981-card-contest-part-ii/

[18:15:00] Aryte Vesperia: All of the entries were especially awesome. Picking that “one” single post that stood out was incredibly hard for me, but ultimately I narrowed it down to a couple. After sleeping on the decision, I have to say my final call is Dresden Xaris’ post on faith. His entry reads (excerpt):

[18:15:54] Aryte Vesperia: “ . . . the most important, is to have faith in your comrades, sure you may have a minor tiff every now or then, or perhaps they do or say or sound a way you don't like. But hell, they're just as loyal, dependable, and helpful as you want to be. But to pretty much sum this up to those who like to TLDR, I feel the most important lesson I've learned from Ordo is to have faith in others. In the Ordo, you're truly lost if you don't.”

[18:17:02] Aryte Vesperia: I would definitely encourage everyone to read all of the entries and Dresden’s in its entirety. Thank you to everyone who entered and thank you Dresden for your comments on the importance of faith. It was an awesome read and really well thought out!

[18:17:40] Aryte Vesperia: Next up.

[18:17:46] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Various Selections

[18:18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Over the last couple of weeks, multiple departments have had openings and posted the vacancies. Several of these departments have yet to announce selections. Please pardon the delay there, they are working as fast as possible to make the final decisions and get folks enrolled. This includes, but is not limited to the Munitorum and AiR enrollments.

[18:19:04] Aryte Vesperia: In the near future, OID selections will also be opening. But I do not want to have floating applications out there until we fill the vacancies in the two aforementioned areas. I will be pushing to see final calls done by the close of this week. Thank you for holding on!

[18:20:02] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Officer Interviews

[18:20:57] Aryte Vesperia: Today the new round of officer interviews has started. Over the course of this weekend and the next couple of weekends, all of the OCA packets will be cleared out and the candidates vetted. We are looking to make several new appointments in the near future from this pool and the current queue of passed applications. The majority of openings are coming out of Terra, but there is a potential for an Astra selection.

[18:21:57] Aryte Vesperia: As is, the Ordo looks to have no greater than 15% of its membership in command officer roles. This includes Praetorians. We are currently sitting below 10% and may dip a bit lower as personnel are shifted about. As such, we do have some room for new membership in the officer corps.

[18:23:02] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you to all of the Tribunus who are and have assisted in the process. Additionally, thank you to the individuals who took the step and put their names out there for potential enrollment into the officer crops. We definitely appreciate your interest and efforts!

[18:24:24] Aryte Vesperia: Neeeext up.

[18:24:26] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Looking Ahead: Guard Appointments

[18:24:52] Aryte Vesperia: Not to get hopes up just yet, but I do want to note that there is intent to get a round of Guard potentials looked at within the next couple of months. Guard appointments always include a great deal of preparation and examination. Interested parties, as a base line, should always have a spotless CIR record and very limited disciplinary history.

[18:25:47] Aryte Vesperia: It is too early to tell when these selections will be held, but I am aware that Praefectus Tretiak is working on ground work for the event. As Praetorian Guard are officers, the Guard does very limited recruitment to ensure it remains within that previously mentioned 15%. As is, however, there is room to grow and selections are increasingly necessary. Individuals interested may be existing officers, so it is certainly acceptable to pursue an OCA packet at any time. You do not have to pick one or the other.

[18:27:08] Aryte Vesperia: Next! :)

[18:27:57] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Big News: Titan

[18:28:45] Aryte Vesperia: This topic has been one that we have been chewing on for some time now. I have discussed it behind closed doors with various command members and developers. Additionally, I have alluded to it in TS3 more than once. But, I believe it is time that we go ahead and make the official announcement: Titan is going to be rebuilt this summer.

[18:30:14] Aryte Vesperia: Sim construction is always a huge task, one that involves a great deal of effort and takes an especially dedicated individual to see it through. We have not made any final selections as to “who” will be handling the job, but per our usual interests in seeing a consistent build process, it will be headed by a single individual whom will have the ability to delegate tasks as they see fit.

[18:31:07] Aryte Vesperia: Over the course of our many rebuilds, we have noted a consistent issue with uninvolved parties creating undue stress to the builder(s) via interjecting into the process or contacting them to ask for X or Y idea to be considered. That will not be permitted in this event. Whomever we decide upon to build the new region will be relatively undisclosed. Interruption means setback on time table and creates reprehensible stress for the builder(s).

[18:32:43] Aryte Vesperia: What I can tell you is that we are aiming for a sculpt and mesh heavy environment. The goal here is to create a Titan build that will last for 2 to 3 years without interruption or major change. We want to found a strong, state of the art home base, which will draw in visitors and remain a chiefly unique experience for years to come.

[18:34:08] Aryte Vesperia: Additionally, I can tell you that the region will feature two key components: a ground level and a sky level area. The ground level will be constructed in the design of a spaceport/space elevator, with either a congested city scape or industrial/military setting. The sky level element will be space station, with the general theme of being a large command grade vessel—think of a regional refueling/coordination station for capital grade fleet.

[18:35:19] Aryte Vesperia: The general objective concept is to move away from point capture and toward stages of objectives. This is in no way in stone, but our goal here is to create a region that promotes both large scale and small scale battles. As such, enemies will (on the ground level) be tasked to disabling various defensive measures to gain access to the ability to reach our space station. The ultimate, end-game objective would be to sabotage fuel lines (or something of that quality) to disable the station.

[18:36:42] Aryte Vesperia: Now, the idea here is that the ground level objectives would re-gain function over time. As such, group X could attack us, disable objective 1 and then give up. But if group Y attacks shortly thereafter, they can start working on objective 2 right away. This will encourage coordinated assaults on Titan, providing us that all-desired large war feel. On the flip side, it will provide entertainment for the late hours, but give defenders the much needed ability to focus energy on single stages, rather than allowing lone wolfers to exploit our 3 AM defenders.

[18:38:23] Aryte Vesperia: Unlike earlier sim projects, we will be approaching this as a commissioned task. As we are aiming for a much higher level of detail and quality, with deadlines for completion . . . it would be entirely unreasonable to ask anyone to do this project simply out of the good of their heart. We will be providing significant compensation to whoever is selected as a thank you for their efforts and huge amounts of time spent. This permits direct dictation of work quality, the time spent, and ensures we receive the level of detail we are aiming for.

[18:39:46] Aryte Vesperia: As such, we will be permitting the collection of donation to fund the project. It is rare for the Ordo to do so, but the collection of funds shall permit us to budget for this project far more expediently while providing interested parties to be involved in the construction of a new Titan build. Any individual who opts to donate will be included in the decision making process. Additionally, individuals who do donate will be noted within the build itself—their names will be engraved onto plaques throughout the region as marks of gratitude. Individuals who are especially generous will receive some additional recognition at discretion of the build team and where space allows. Perhaps a personal office or quarters for the duration of the build.

[18:40:58] Aryte Vesperia: I do stress that donation is in no way mandatory. The funding will be accumulated over time regardless of how the matter persists. Simply, donations will enable budgeting to go forth more rapidly and get this project underway quickly. There will be a formal announcement and instructions provided in the future when we are ready to collect funding, so please keep your ears out if interested. We are not there quite yet, but it is coming close to the time where we will be ready to go ahead with our plans to start making advances.

[18:41:31] Aryte Vesperia: This is an exciting venture, to be sure. I am definitely excited to see where it takes us.

[18:41:55] Aryte Vesperia: That said. Thank you all for coming. Sim will be temp locked until we can get Ts3 back online. After which, get dem raids out! Thank you. <3 Dismissed.

[18:41:56] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:42:00] Kasumi Quartz salutes, " Ruhm zu dem Imperator"

[18:42:01] Digman Randt salutes.

[18:42:02] Huttser Ishelwood salutes, "Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none."

[18:42:03] Azimuth Summerwind salutes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.