Clicky

Aryte

28APR12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00:48] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome everyone. Thank you all for joining in. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until provided the opportunity to speak.

[18:01:16] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 309

Cadets: 9

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 3

Denied: 4

Review: 3

Operations

Defensive: 94

Offensive: 18

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:01:19] A Fine Bittersweet Creek Brandy-Tipped Cigar (held in mouth): Mmm ... a fine, brandy-soaked cigar.

[18:01:54] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: solid performance this week. Combat interactions remain varied, but with some slant to making New Rome our punching bag. Notably, NR’s power has waned. Their ability to defend their own base has reached a nearly legible level. Osirion remains a viable, enjoyable target. The new set up of their objectives is fairly unique and provides a challenge. In other news, 2142 has been reaching out to me with their diplomatic corps but I keep missing the diplomats with our schedules.

[18:02:30] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02:32] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:02:51] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:03:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Well hello there neighbor. Terra was excellent this week; plenty of raids and trainings to be had.

[18:03:29] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Invictus and Evalidus were fantastic, with trainings, recruitment and internal squad development underway. Insidiae has also put into motion a culling of it's inactive members, to replace them with new, combat eager personnel. Praescius is still trucking right along, with internal squad development taking place soon.

[18:03:55] Hollowmengitus Yifu: For B Cohors; B-I was extremely active this week. B-II held the norm. Additionally, I want to give a big shout-out to George Reisman for being promoted into B XO. George was the former ADJ. of B and will be replacing Pr0wer Miles.

[18:04:26] Hollowmengitus Yifu: It should be noted that if you're wanting to join an Alpha squad, now is the time to do it. Over the next couple of months, activity will ramp up significantly with the Summer Months; get in now to secure a spot in the combat.

[18:04:37] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's all for Terra this week.

[18:05:19] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Schuman?

[18:05:27] Ethan Schuman: Inventory isn't letting me open my report notecard, so I'm writing a new one up on the fly, and thus will be brief. Our numbers have increased once again this week, and I'm very happy about this. We have finally filled the Palaestra XO slot. Twitchy was promoted to that position on Tuesday, and has been rather busy. Xoza has also been working towards automating certain parts of Palaestra via a bot. This will allow Palaestra cadets to ask questions and study materials when instructors are not available. In the terms of activity, I've thought up a competition between the flights that I want to do, and I'll be talking to Astra staff to introduce this and set it in motion at our next meeting. In addition, we will also be discussing a multiple military air combat event, so stay tuned for details regarding that.

[18:05:36] Ethan Schuman: That's all for Astra this week.

[18:06:46] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports for the evening?

[18:07:20] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on then!

[18:07:55] Aryte Vesperia: ✠Updates

[18:08:03] Aryte Vesperia: Let me just rez a few pretty items out here . .

[18:08:26] Aryte Vesperia: There we go. As you can all see: the commissar item set is nearly complete. The psyker set is ready to go model wise. All that remains is the tech items. After those are hammered out, we will begin pushing for making the archetypes a reality. There has been a lot of questioning as to how it will work. Probability is I will personally teach up the first few batches of folks before we have a solid pool.

[18:09:58] Aryte Vesperia: The new HUD is basically done. Mr. Xiao is finishing up the textures. I will continue to torment him until it is released this weekend. Further, TI has released a new pistol set: 1911A1’s. They are swishy and excellent if someone needs a fun handgun to execute heretics with. They are mod too!

[18:11:23] Aryte Vesperia: Finally, to keep to the tradition of inundating you all with future projects that may or may not be months away . . . we will be changing our dress attire in the near future. They will be mesh based and feature a pretty dramatic design shift away from the “carabinieri” style uniforms. All of the officers have seen the design scheme and it received a pretty strong acclaim as “totally badass.” We can expect work on these within the pretty near future, right after the final armor mods are knocked out.

[18:12:15] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Report Consistency

[18:12:29] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder: please be sure to use consistent titling for posted reports. You can always reference http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/9716-report-format/ for details. They are, however, as follows:

[18:12:48] Aryte Vesperia: The Topic Title is date first (format is DDMMMYY), remember that the month "MMM" is the first three letters of the month name (so JAN, FEB, MAR, etc). Next, a space slash space then SLT time the attack began, space hyphen space, SLT time of attack ending. If it's multiple times of attack, start from very beginning time to very end time. Time is in Second Life Time (SLT), or USA PST (GMT -8) and in 24-hour format (no AM/PM)

Example (universal):

01JAN10 / 0000 – 0000

[18:13:48] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Promotion Exams

[18:14:49] Aryte Vesperia: It is time for our bi-yearly reminder that promotion exams are a great way to show interest (and mandatory if seeking) promotions. You can access them at the database: firefoxinc.net/ordo. The menu is on the left hand side “Promotion Menu.”

[18:15:47] Aryte Vesperia: Promotion exams are certainly not mandatory. You are welcome to stay at whatever rank you please. But without submitting promotion exams, you shall not be considered for elevation. Additionally, it is important to note promotion exams do not guarantee rank, they simply flag you in the system as interested and have the basic skills required.

[18:17:32] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Raid Authority Clarity

[18:18:25] Aryte Vesperia: As we covered several weeks ago, the CAE was modified. But please keep in mind the following: only officers may approve individuals to raid at levels of authority beyond their enumerated roll. For example, if you are a Tier 4 (by rank or exception), you may not be permitted to lead a raid on a Tier 2 unless the individual permitting it is an officer. Additionally, for Tier 3 or higher, it is necessary to receive the approval of an officer prior to deployment to ensure that all proceedings are handled appropriately. The officer is not required to observe, but they /are/ expected to assist if the raid falls under less than satisfactory standards or fails to achieve victory conditions. AS SUCH, if an officer approves a raid: he or she OWNS that raid. If the raid fails, it is the officer's responsibility.

[18:19:36] Aryte Vesperia: To find the full CAE, check: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/10327-ordo-policy-authority-and-enforcement-27apr12/

[18:21:01] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ ART

[18:21:16] Aryte Vesperia: ART has reached full deployment stage. ART materials must be used at all times, for all training and deployments. No exceptions. ART materials are now standard practice. Participation in ART sessions hosted by me shall be for qualification purposes only. However, I will be checking and having other assistants checking raids/trainings to ensure compliance. You /must/ use and know the materials: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/12172-ordo-achievement-rating-tiers/

[18:22:34] Aryte Vesperia: All unit commanders and training instructors are expected to incorporate ART terminology and methods into all trainings. Please make this a reality. ART is a crucial element to the Ordo’s success . All members must operate and use it religiously to ensure maximum effect!

[18:23:46] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Keynote: Region

[18:24:57] Aryte Vesperia: As announced last week, our process of undertaking a new region build is underway. We opened up donations two days ago to gather funding—we left it open until May 30th with anticipation of needing the period to gather the necessary goal. Well. We were dead wrong. We’ve already hit the goal and are actually poised to exceed it. As such, we’ve dropped the open period to May 1st.

[18:26:02] Aryte Vesperia: A huge shout out to everyone who contributed. I am totally blown away by the generosity demonstrated. I did not think we’d have such an amazing outpouring of support. Thank you, so very very much.

[18:26:48] Aryte Vesperia: What we will be doing after May 1st is assessing our total budget and begin immediate planning for the revision of Titan. I am really excited for this. I have no doubt with this kind of financial backing that we will be looking at a massive recreation that will do the group a great honor.

[18:28:22] Aryte Vesperia: Those of you who have (and may donate in the next couple of days), I will be in touch with you about the prospects and keep you up to date as to how your funds are being spent. Additionally, those in the top 10% will be worked into the actual consideration of personal quarters as planned.

[18:29:27] Aryte Vesperia: What you can expect going forward: a planning stage, a clean-up stage of Titan for prim conservation, and the initiation of construction.

[18:30:13] Aryte Vesperia: Planning will be involve creating a layout of how the region will be assembled and include input from donators. Additionally, we will assemble the builder (or build team).

[18:30:50] Aryte Vesperia: The clean up stage will directly impact Titan as is-- we'll be gutting buildings, cutting down prims and generally making the sim a shell. We'll keep it functional. Likely a sort of bombed out battlefield.

[18:31:19] Aryte Vesperia: As for construction. We will be trying very hard to make sure the majority of the build is back-end built. So any down time will be very minimal.

[18:32:06] Aryte Vesperia: As it will be a paid adventure, we will be pushing for a clear time scale. Parameters will be set upon selection of builder and a set up of price scales.

[18:33:05] Aryte Vesperia: That said. That concludes tonight's meeting. Get out there and pillage. Donations will be closed on 1MAY12. Promotions up tomorrow. Thank you and have a great night!

[18:33:07] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[18:33:07] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:33:10] Riff Petrov salutes!

[18:33:10] BurrWolf Qin salutes! "For the Glory of the Imperium!"

[18:33:11] SalemAdams Wobbit salutes!

[18:33:12] Kyra Vixen salutes! "For the glory of the Imperator!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.