Clicky

Aryte

05MAY12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00:18] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome everyone. Thank you all for joining in. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until provided the opportunity to speak.

[18:01:06] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 310

Cadets: 9

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 2

Denied: 3

Review: 3

Operations

Defensive: 108

Offensive: 22

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:01:51] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: all is well in the land of Second Life. No notable changes outside of kindling arrangements of mutual destruction with 2142. Albeit friendly destruction. Otherwise we have seen a relatively dry period—to be expected with most folks in their actual final exam or last couple of weeks of school before summer.

[18:02:54] Aryte Vesperia: Divisional reports?

[18:02:55] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand.

[18:03:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:03:09] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Hi. Terra had an impressive week in terms of raids. Keep up the momentum!

[18:03:28] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Invictus gets major kudos to one member, Riff Petrov, for partaking in 11 solid raids. Good job, Riff!

[18:03:56] Hollowmengitus Yifu: In other news, Evalidus had trainings and gear development get underway this week; for more details, look to the Munitorum threads. It's going to be a "blast." Huehuehuehue...

[18:04:27] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Insidiae is cleaning house, shedding itself of inactive members while gaining back old members. Keep it up.

[18:04:48] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Praescius is getting it's members back from LOA, hopefully raids pick back up!

[18:04:56] Hollowmengitus Yifu: For the closer tonight, a reminder: tomorrow is meeting day. For Terra Staff, I will be holding tiered meetings; all of you have replied so far on the forums, so I expect to see you there! Prep yourselves for anything.

That's all for Terra this week.

[18:05:44] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Schuman?

[18:05:55] Ethan Schuman: At this point during the meeting, I usually review what has happened in Astra over the past week, and I shall do that in brief. However, I also want to talk about what's going to happen in the future. Our activity levels have been down drastically in terms of offensives. Astra staff has considered the issue, and we have come up with a few possible approaches to increase interest, as we believe that general boredom is at the root of this problem. The first of these measures is a profile and achievement system that allows for activity tracking viewable by all. An accurate comparison would be to Battlefield 3's Battlelog. Another avenue we intend to explore will consist of placing small teams (two or three people) together to engage in a sort of competition, where they will have a set list of objectives and try to outdo their teammates. This will not cause rivalries, as the team itself is responsible for the achievement of goals, and either all members will receive the designated reward, or none of them will.

[18:06:06] Ethan Schuman: THIS NEXT PART APPLIES TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE ORDO, SO BE SURE YOU READ IT!

[18:06:21] Ethan Schuman: During the Praefectus meeting with Aryte today, an idea entered my mind. With his approval and that of Hollow, I've spoken with the rest of my staff and they feel it is worth exploring. I won't go into details at this moment, but if any of you are curious about flying a fighter in active combat without having to transfer out of Terra, please contact myself or Disembodied to voice your interest. I'd like to get an idea of what kind of numbers we'd be looking at.

[18:06:42] Ethan Schuman: That's all for Astra this week.

[18:08:41] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:09:24] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Moving on.

[18:10:03] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Preparations

[18:10:43] Aryte Vesperia: Notably, we are preparing to make several additions to the officer corps. In addition to which, the Guard will be starting its selection process. Per Agares, he requests that I disseminate the following:

[18:10:52] Aryte Vesperia: "All future applicants for the Praetorian Guard must have passed ART as a prerequisite before being considered. This is part of the upcoming, tightened Trial requirements, so make sure to pass ART, if you're interested in joining the Guard in the future."

[18:12:00] Aryte Vesperia: No sweat, right? ART is mandatory as is. :}! Riiiiight? Remember to involve ART in all training practices and utilize the provided opportunities to qualify.

[18:13:06] Aryte Vesperia: Tier 3 is an excellent mark of combat prowess. It is an especially important denotation for any member. I can tell you with certainty that ART will improve your leadership, combat, and team skills. Embrace and love it. Or else.

[18:14:06] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on.

[18:14:11] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ OID

[18:14:58] Aryte Vesperia: The Office of Imperial Doctrine will be recruiting for it's primary command positions. A post will be up by the end of the night with application details. The OID's full details can be found: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/16788-ordo-policy-office-of-imperial-doctrine-27mar12/

[18:15:52] Aryte Vesperia: It will be a very unique division. Challenging, but highly rewarding. It will be in the hands of the CO of the OID to set the theme and effectively market the Ordo.

[18:17:03] Aryte Vesperia: As the CO, you will be responsible for setting the pace for the division. It will be your legacy to create-- especially as the division is brand new. Folks with a proactive mindset and feel up to designing major elements of the organization will find the OID a perfect place.

[18:18:09] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note, it will be a great chance for folks who are looking for command experience. I will be providing feedback directly to the OID CO to ensure the unit's success.

[18:18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:18:46] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ O-5 Strategic Initiatives

[18:19:24] Aryte Vesperia: As Mr. Schuman hinted at, I have been making a major push from the upper echelon of the Ordo by setting strategic plans for all of the O-5's. Terra has already received its outline and Mr. Yifu is hard at work.

[18:19:54] Hollowmengitus Yifu: mm~

[18:20:11] Aryte Vesperia: The intent here is to reshape the efforts of the O-5's out of maintenance mode and put it back to proactive improvement mode. Maintenance of a division should primarily fall to the junior officers to free up the O-5's for grand schemes.

[18:21:04] Aryte Vesperia: I am incredibly excited for this. It really will benefit the group and reform the approach we've been taking-- just in time our summer months.

[18:22:44] Aryte Vesperia: With upcoming appointments, there's no time better to be reshuffling the tone to a more progressive atmosphere. In short, if you want to be an officer (or are one), expert more feedback from your O-5. :J And more work.

[18:23:56] Aryte Vesperia: I'd quite like to see 350 sworn members a reality by August. Coupled with the sim rebuild, the O-5's initiatives will certainly push us in that direction.

[18:24:37] Aryte Vesperia: Next up!

[18:24:49] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Keynote: Region (Part Two)

[18:27:00] Aryte Vesperia: I am working on the basic outline of the region's image and layout. Thus far, the horizon, ground level, and "upper level" (ship/station) portions are mapped out . . relatively. I say relatively because I am mapping them out and I'm about as artistic as a dead goldfish. But it gets the point across.

[18:28:21] Aryte Vesperia: After finishing the outlines, I will be compiling reference materials. We are definitely looking to a sort of neo-Roman . . dark gothic space age-y.

[18:28:39] Aryte Vesperia: Very clean, Imperialistic, metal.

[18:29:35] Aryte Vesperia: After which, I will be presenting the details to the donors to receive feedback. Once a consensus is given, the process of shopping for builders will begin. We'll be taking this from a bidder vantage. In short: quality and price.

[18:30:28] Aryte Vesperia: Thereafter, we'll break out the pickaxes and shape the ground level to conserve prims. Annnnd then the rebuild will begin.

[18:32:40] Abranimations Mocap Professional Male AO: Touched.

[18:32:42] Abranimations Mocap Professional Male AO: Touched.

[18:32:54] Aryte Vesperia: Now to do something I haven't done in a while.

[18:32:58] Aryte Vesperia: Questions? :}

[18:33:16] Larry Furlough raises his hand

[18:33:19] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Furlough.

[18:33:20] Abranimations Mocap Professional Male AO: Touched.

[18:33:24] Abranimations Mocap Professional Male AO: Touched.

[18:33:31] Abranimations Mocap Professional Male AO: Touched.

[18:33:51] Abranimations Mocap Professional Male AO: Touched.

[18:34:34] Larry Furlough: How long were you going to give the builder to finish the sim? As in, a month, two months.... Two days.

[18:34:49] thatguy Andel raises a hand.

[18:35:46] Aryte Vesperia: Well. Two days would be awesome, but unrealistic. It'll be discussed with the builder based upon a series of elements: price, detail, scale.

[18:35:59] Larry Furlough nods.

[18:36:18] Azimuth Summerwind raises hand.

[18:36:21] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Andel?

[18:36:25] Ice Karsin raises a hand.

[18:36:28] thatguy Andel: how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

[18:36:49] Zerowinged Vasiliev facepalms...

[18:36:56] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder, asking stupid questions is an excellent way to really make me mad.

[18:37:11] Dresden Xaris raises a hand.

[18:37:14] Aryte Vesperia: As I do have better things to do than stand here. :J Thanks Mr. Andel.

[18:37:22] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Summerwind?

[18:37:43] Kurama Bingyi sloooowly brings his hand back down.

[18:38:17] Azimuth Summerwind: I remember reading in the forums a while back that those with high donation amounts would likely get some form of office or permanent quarters. If someone is offered this particular option, could they one, decline the offer, or two, request that something else take it's place?

[18:38:51] Aryte Vesperia: It'll be up for discussion. I will attempt to accommodate reasonably.

[18:38:57] Azimuth Summerwind: Alright, thanks.

[18:39:14] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Xaris?

[18:40:23] Dresden Xaris: Will the sim be a complete mesh job? Or will it be a prim/Mesh hybrid due to mesh still being a bit unreliable for some viewers.

[18:40:52] Aryte Vesperia: It will be whatever combination of modes the builder deems necessary. I'm sure some things will be prim or sculpted. But the goal is mesh heavy.

[18:41:09] Ice Karsin raises his other hand.

[18:41:28] Aryte Vesperia: All right. Yes, Mr. Karsin?

[18:42:08] Ice Karsin: Are there any plans for major changes to the Titan League's role in the future, especially considering the new sim-build and restructuring that will be occuring?

[18:42:35] Ookamiwulf Lemton: sling

[18:42:44] Aryte Vesperia: That's a great question. Yes, actually. I am interested in really pushing the role of CDF/TL into a more functional mode.

[18:43:57] Ratchet Exonar raises paw

[18:44:13] Aryte Vesperia: .

[18:44:15] Aryte Vesperia: The region's ground level will be fairly urban in concept . . or industrial. Whatever the case, I could see the CDF taking on a sort of "RP" aspect of a PDF/security bureau. Sort of the "local" enforcement, whereas the Ordo proper would be the big bad military.

[18:44:49] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Exonar?

[18:44:49] Ice Karsin: Excellent.

[18:45:14] Ratchet Exonar: just asking but say we do get the big ship, will it be flyable?

[18:46:01] Aryte Vesperia: Haha. IF it was a big ship, it'd be sim sized.

[18:46:05] Aryte Vesperia: So no, it wouldn't be flyable.

[18:46:11] Aryte Vesperia: There'd be no where to fly it.

[18:46:19] Ratchet Exonar: it could move up and down

[18:46:35] Aryte Vesperia: That would create huge logistical issues in prims inside of it, etc.

[18:46:39] Aryte Vesperia: And be rather SL unrealistic.

[18:46:52] Ratchet Exonar: alright

[18:47:03] Aryte Vesperia: Any last questions? And Ethan host your own meeting, ffs.

[18:47:18] Azimuth Summerwind raises hand again.

[18:47:31] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Summerwind.

[18:49:16] Azimuth Summerwind: Last minute question. As it stands, I believe that the Enforcers have an instant kill weapon that can be used only on Titan. IF we got a new ship, could we perhaps put this sort of weapon in the ship part of the build, instead of in the Enforcer?

[18:50:44] Aryte Vesperia: I don't see a reason to remove that capability from the Enforcer. It makes fair sense that a capital vessel is able to make Chaos HP filtering tanks cry.

[18:51:13] Aryte Vesperia: I'd rather just add a bigger one on the other thing. :J

[18:51:23] Azimuth Summerwind: I support this idea. :D Thanks.

[18:52:44] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd on that note. Done! Promotions will be up tomorrow. Go raid and pillage. Yay!

[18:52:46] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:52:48] Liam Macalroy stands at attention and salutes "Ehre und Ruhm im Namen des Imperator!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.