Clicky

Ethan Schuman

Ordo Auxiliary Air Corps (AAC)

During the Praefectus meeting today, I had an idea for a way for us to lessen the impact of not having enough Astra pilots available for a raid to fully dedicate the amount of resources needed to air superiority, and after discussing it with Aryte and Hollow, and my staff, I've decided to make this post to gather interest.

The primary purpose of the AAC (which will have a formal name designated later) is to increase the amount of fighter pilots available for Ordo operations. The premise is simple: Any member of Ordo who is interested in flying a fighter may be certified to do so provided they complete basic Palaestra fighter qualification and advanced training programs to compensate for the lack of active duty experience that Astra pilots get.

AAC pilots would have access to Astra's current air superiority fighter ONLY. That means NO Malice, Enforcer, Thanatos, etc. You will remain as members of your respective main division, but will also have membership in the Astra AAC group, where you will have a designated flight leader. Combat deployment would also be third-tier priority, which means you ONLY go up if there are too few Astra and Praetorians available to handle the necessary air support to ensure success of the mission. For purposes of training exercises, AAC pilots will be treated the same as Astra pilots, and will be held to the same standard of excellence.

There will be three levels of AAC certification.

1) Basic - The pilot is allowed to participate in any non-combat Ordo exclusive activity.

2) Standard - The pilot is allowed to participate in foreign affairs training exercises with other militaries, and in homeland defense of Titan.

3) Advanced - The pilot is qualified to deploy in any Ordo combat operation, under tertiary tier priority.

Again, I must emphasize that AAC pilots will only have access to Astra's standard air superiority fighter. You will NOT be able to fly the Malice or any other Astra aircraft. However, the increased number of events you can take part in due to your ability to participate with Astra will grant you more opportunities for distinction, which leads to awards. AAC pilots WILL be able to qualify for the Ace Pilot merit. However, another significant factor to consider here is that the AAC program will allow you to get your feet wet and give flying fighters a try without taking the plunge and joining Astra. This is not intended to uproot veteran members of Terra, but rather to provide new recruits with an option to experience flight so they can better decide what they'd rather do.

Right now, I'm gathering a list of people who are interested in such a program so I can better decide how to proceed with it. Please post in response to this thread if you feel this is something you'd like to participate in.

No ground support roles?

Only in the form of OIC authed (and if Astra are present, Astra auth as well) AGMs. We need more fighter pilots to help keep the skies clear. With only so many pilots available at any given time, it's hard for us to maintain air dominance AND give necessary ground support. AAC is intended to allow people interested in air combat to participate in it actively without leaving their home unit, while freeing up Astra pilots to bring out the big guns.

I'd been thinking about a Terra Elite Squad that would be authorized to use the Malice in basically the same way the AAC would be authorized to pilot a fighter.

I'd like to sign up for this whenever it comes about.

I doubt we will be going that far. We would love the assistance in air superiority but we still need to keep most our duties within our division. Remember, this unit is at a "too few Astra and Praetorian" basis (hence the word Auxiliary). We just wanna ensure that terra is protected on the ground at all times :3

No. Until I was hand-picked and volun-told by Gulliver that I was going to be part of the newly formed Antesig.

Please keep useless and overused memes out of threads created for serious discussion.

You have to say though, out of all the crap that's over used on, this one was kinda funny... Its ok, Ook took several to the knee...