Clicky

BcSamsquatch

Take a minute to think.

I thought this was a topic that needed to be brought up. What I've been noticing lately that people have been joking at other peoples expenses, Not really thinking if it would Upset the person or not (ex. telling someone no on likes them as a joke), People not talking to each other to sort out a situation , And just not Understanding one another very well. Here is a few quotes i like:

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson

“For those who may not find happiness to exercise religious faith, it's okay to remain a radical atheist, it's absolutely an individual right, but the important thing is with a compassionate heart -- then no problem.”

as4.gif Dalai Lama

The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word, unsaid. ~Author Unknown

Were all a family Here in Ordo, And we need to treat everyone equally, From the easiest of things Like Talking to someone , asking how their day was, to Helping them out if they are Feeling down or they are unsure about everything, Just be a good Comrade. Were all human and we all have feelings, just think of this " How would I feel if i was in their shoes" So Please Think before you say, Try to understand others, and Talk things out if theres and issue because Arguing Gets us no where and makes people Hostile and just creates Drama.

Thank you For your time.

Ps. I'm always around if anyone needs anything, your family to me and i care for you all.

If you're having a problem, there are many people you can go to in order to address those problems. Most properly would be the Chain of Command, but even I can ensure you get the help you need. There are many people who have the job of ensuring things like this do not happen, so please be sure to hold those individuals to their position!

This is a slippery slope yes.

I agree, we need to try our hardest to get along, and not insult each other. BUT it can be taken too far; most of the playful jokes we make towards each other is recieved well, BUT it is possible for those same jokes being made to the wrong person can insult someone.

There is no reason to end what works, what we need to do, is know our audience. Know who can and cant take it.

BUT so to.. does it rest apon the shoulders of the one being offended, to speak up and say "Hey guys, I dont appreciate that, can we cut it out for the time being?" and for the rest of us to accept that.

If Milites Bob (the most abused man in Ordo history) is sitting there while 2 other guys are making jokes. He says something to try and get involved and someone says something to him that he takes as offensive and over hte line, BUT had it been said to anyone else, they'd be fine. Now he could sit silently, and be offended, and divisions are formed. OR he could speak up. and say he was offended.. and the guy who spoke up can reiterate he was meaning it in the spirit of humor, and not meaning to offend, AND the guy learns that Milites Bob has limits and can respect them in the future.

Playful ribbing is fun. But everyone has different limits. We need to speak up when our limits are crossed, respect each others limits, and not be affraid to appologize when we cross one of our brothers/sisters limits.

Condescending behavior toward other individuals will always be an ongoing issue, because it is human behavior—others are more condescending than others. We have to know our limits, but there will always be people who overstep those limits. The best thing anyone can do is still speak to a superior about the behavior.

We can not change someone's mindset, the individual has to have a willingness to do it. The matter of truth is, we will always have drama (everywhere you go), and starting a thread will not be enough to influence and stop that. Chris, if you do need help, feel free to message me and I'll be sure you get the help you need.

Edited by Jeffery Worbridge

Naturally, the Curia, your superiors (officers), and even the Guard are also all there to help resolve problems if and when they arise. Never hesitate to contact them, should you have concerns. That's three options for anyone in the group that they an go to if they have a problem, with their comrades, with policy, or with just life in general.

Not that what Mr. Poitier expresses is a bad thing, it's not just an expectation, but a requirement that respect, grace, and patience is shown to all members of the Ordo, regardless of who they are, high or low.

If you make a joke, and someone actually takes offense, and you refuse to apologize because this is the internet and cool kids aren't supposed to take the internet seriously, you're probably not grown up enough to be in Ordo.

^ also to add on, don't make a big fuss about it and spread the problem around to everyone. It simply like boomerang, you throw it I'll come back and hit you in the face.

If you or anyone else feels harassed by a specific member or upset over a situation, like Agares said, any Officer, Curia or Praetorian is able and always willing to talk and help. Ask any of us and we will do what we can to help talk things out.

If you're unwilling to discuss it with any of the above, and still feel targeted, I personally am willing to extend an invitation for a completely confidential discussion over whatever or whomever is troubling you, and can assure you that I can and will resolve the issue/s swiftly and courteously. Likewise, I would gladly extend this same offer to anybody else who simply needs someone to talk to about their troubles, or feels like they're being personally attacked or harassed by anyone in Ordo.

Just remember that some of these instances, the commentary made was intended as a joke, and in most of those cases, disciplinary action is not always necessary. Depending on the situation itself, Individuals may be issued a warning to refrain from offensive or inappropriate jokes, however if continued past a warning, escalation and disciplinary action may be taken.

As you said Chris, we're all comrades here, and nobody should have to feel like an outcast.

EDIT BECAUSE I THOUGHT OF SOMETHING MEAN: ALSO I ABSOLUTELY ENCOURAGE ANYONE WITH EVEN THE MOST MINUSCULE ISSUE TO INSTANT MESSAGE ARYTE HIMSELF ABOUT IT, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE'S OFFLINE, AND WHINE FOR A GOOD 30 MINUTES ABOUT WHATEVER IS BOTHERING YOU TO HIS OFFLINE IM BOX. 8)

Edited by Scarlet Flaks

Can we please get back to the topic at hand and stop measuring our forum e-penii? Thanks.

I do agree with Rein and what has been said. We could definitely improve some of what we say, such as stop saying that noone likes x person as a joke. While some may be able to take it as a joke (including me), others may take it more seriously, and I know a few people that would take such a phrase seriously.