Clicky

Aryte

12MAY12 - Weekly Meeting

[17:59:59] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome everyone. Thank you all for joining in. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until provided the opportunity to speak.

[18:00:11] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 311

Cadets: 11

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 2

Denied: 4

Review: 2

Operations

Defensive: 100

Offensive: 27

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:00:28] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: some issues early week related to the Alliance Navy. In short, the AN isn’t fond of our use of weaponry and accused our armor of being “filtering.” This is all despite AN’s championing of “all out war” and disregards the reality of the fact none of our armor filters damage. Nevertheless, Mr. Schuman stepped up to the plate and communicated with the AN yesterday. We are exploring options to find some mutual ground for continual combat interaction, especially in the way of potentially joint developing some missile technology.

[18:00:37] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:00:42] Nikki4 Aquitaine: o/

[18:00:46] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Aquitaine.

[18:00:56] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Ethan is unable to make the meeting today, the following is his weekly report.

[18:01:00] Nikki4 Aquitaine: There are... SO many things to discuss from over the week. I'll try to cover the most important ones. First and foremost, the subject everyone is probably the most interested in is the AAC. As we had a lot to discuss at the last staff meeting, we weren't able to get everything ready for today. We'll be setting out all plans and designs at our next meeting, and launching the program shortly after that.

[18:01:12] Nikki4 Aquitaine: The second note that applies to all Ordo members is that we've decided to take a different approach to how to increase our fighter armaments to compete with missile technology employed by many of our opponents. I spoke to Jason Backer last night, and we're going to be looking into the option of a jointly developed missile that both of our groups will deploy in an identical manner. One feature that will be included is support for scripted countermeasures that may be deployed in a reasonable manner, so we don't have to rely on bouncing missiles off into the sim border.

[18:01:32] Nikki4 Aquitaine: The last thing I want to mention is Astra's performance and standards. I would be a pretty bad commander if I didn't pause for a moment to praise the pilots (and infantry, you Terra people) who participated in the massive attack on AN this week. You all showed without a doubt that not only can the Ordo take on any opponent and prevail, but that despite the friendly ribbing we give one another, Astra and Terra working together is an unstoppable force. So again, good job to all of you. In addition to my praise of your combat performance, I have implemented a list of tactical goals to be accomplished each week before the group meeting. This list will include standard features such as raids and OIC time, but will also have other requirements. For you rank and file pilots, you don't have to be concerned about task expectations. You will be briefed about anything you are responsible for doing, and all of those tasks will be a collaborative effort. For the most part, this list is an effort to better organize our di

[18:01:32] Nikki4 Aquitaine: vision and ensure that quality standards are being met, in order to give you all a better experience and to enforce our duty to do the best that we can.

[18:01:52] Nikki4 Aquitaine: That's all for Astra this week.

[18:02:21] Hollowmengitus Yifu waves arms around for Terra.

[18:02:24] Aryte Vesperia: I second his kudos. Thank you.

[18:02:26] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:02:35] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Terra had extremely active week; I'm very proud of what you have all accomplished but, as always, strive for even more! Give yourself a pat on the back and a piece of pie, however, you deserve it!

[18:03:00] Hollowmengitus Yifu: The alpha squads all got together last night and performed an excellent training. I was fortunate enough to take part in it; a great time was had by all, and all of us learned something or other.

[18:03:32] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Now, for some more good news. I have selected Carrious Darbyshire of Insidiae for promotion to E-8. You should all congratulate him on this accomplishment and give him a virtual beer. To be selected for such a high honor means a lot; expect him to lead us to even more victories in the future!

[18:04:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu: For reference, Terra is only allotted three E-8s at one time. The other two I'm looking at filling as well, so work hard, lead raids and show you have leadership skills and I might just contact you next.

[18:04:19] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's all for Terra this week; have a great weekend.

[18:05:02] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. And congratulations Carrious.

[18:05:13] Aryte Vesperia: Next, I have the IEA report on behalf of Zero Itamae:

[18:05:22] Aryte Vesperia: "For the Imperial Education Administration: 18 Schola classes, 3 Armatura classes, and 0 Ludi class held this week. Fantastic job from our instructors this week with 4 new graduates out of Schola. Plenty left in the queue to teach and as always for those interested in being a magistrate simply apply here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/

[18:05:48] Aryte Vesperia: For those that have been awarded the Imperial Historian Title and have not received the Tome, send either Aryte or myself a message and we'll sort it out. On top of that, there will be a merit awarded when you receive the title. For exemplary performance in the instruction of cadets, the full year requirement may be waived under the IEA administrations discretion.

[18:06:24] Aryte Vesperia: Also actively looking for anyone to step up and help organize some classes for the NCO-Academy. Otherwise I'll just have to start pulling current instructors out for it. That's all for the IEA this week!"

[18:06:30] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports this evening?

[18:07:01] Aryte Vesperia: Ok, moving on. :}

[18:07:09] Aryte Vesperia: ✠General Updates

[18:07:37] Aryte Vesperia: As most would be aware (and if not aware, your HUD is broke haha), we have been using the new HUD update to great effect over the last week. Please be sure you have updated: at this point, the old HUD versions auto-deauth themselves. Moving forward, we do need to talk a little about the technology in this updated tool. Notably, the use of certain grenades: AOE, Pulse, and Plasma. The AOE grenade is, for the most part, a “medium” authorization weapon. OIC discretion prevails. Plasma, on the other hand, is purely heavy and should be reserved only for extreme circumstances. Do not use it in place of say, a Verutum. Lastly, the pulse grenade is a huge plus for our forces: it is an anti-mine grenade, with a large blast radius. Use it to clear out enemy positions before moving in. It works great against places like SH and XAF.

[18:08:03] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, the new Tyrant update is out and in the box. This update features several awesome additions: a “shotgun” type fire mode for the turret (think grape shot) and the removal of the necessity for a secondary attachment for the turret gunner. Please be sure to grab an update if you’ve not done so already.

[18:08:27] Aryte Vesperia: A big shout out to Mr. Xiao, as always, for his efforts in getting these items completed and on the shelf for the Ordo. Your continual development efforts are integral to our success here and in our corporate ventures.

[18:08:46] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:08:53] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Office of Imperial Doctrine

[18:09:09] Aryte Vesperia: Over the last week we had a recruitment post up for the OID CO. Well. Only one individual stepped up and put their name in the hat to face the challenges the OID will present. Luckily, this individual is also quite qualified and will do the job (I am confident) to a strong level. Congratulations to Mr. Tinamou.

[18:09:41] Aryte Vesperia: For the next week or so, he and I will be discussing the OID’s future. Give us some time, as my schedule is pretty stuffed. Nevertheless, in the upcoming days you should see some movement and the opportunity to apply to join the new division. As a reminder: the OID is a secondary division, as such, you may dual enlist in it (and other secondary divisions) as much as you please.

[18:11:03] Aryte Vesperia: The OID will be very unique in concept and deployment. It will, however, make a dramatic impact on our outbound contact and news flow. Folks who are free thinkers and work well with limited supervision will fit in great there.

[18:11:31] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along~

[18:11:43] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Combat Follow-up

[18:12:07] Aryte Vesperia: Twenty seven raids this week. That is nearly four a day! That is an outstanding performance and you all deserve a big congratulation for it. Special mention to the raid leaders who have made it possible: without you guys, we wouldn’t have gotten anywhere.

[18:13:02] Aryte Vesperia: That said, I want to take a moment to really expand upon that item: raid leadership. We have had a couple of discussions on the forums over the last week, one of which really underlined the fact that the vast majority of our raids are originated by a select number of individuals. This is entirely true. From my perspective, it is a dangerous matter. If one individual burns out (see: me after leading every Ordo raid for four years, lol), it dramatically impacts our raid performance.

[18:13:42] Aryte Vesperia: We must remember that raids are our currency. Our blood. Our bread and butter. Raids are what we are here for. We do not want to be on the defensive.

[18:14:55] Aryte Vesperia: We want /quality/ raids, to be sure. But unless you are willing to go out there and deploy, you will never come close to quality. You can’t have quality without attempt. Use all the materials provided: ART, authority tiers, and best practices. Use your resources—your comrades, and more experienced raid leads. I am making a big push to get the officer staff back up to 100% participation on raids and will continue to do so. My desire is to teach more folks and to shift the current experienced raid lead queue to that aim. Even the inclusion of, say, four new raid leaders would remove a huge burden from our current leads.

[18:15:57] Aryte Vesperia: That said: if you want to learn, the first step is to participate in ART and lead a team. I will make sure you learn from it. It’s a great opportunity and will build real skills and real confidence. After which, I (or another experienced lead) would be more than happy to piggy back with you on your first few raids to ensure you have all the elements hammered out.

[18:16:41] Aryte Vesperia: Raid leadership is a very dynamic, rewarding thing. It is also a quick ticket to high levels of success internally. Don’t miss that opportunity, especially with so many people looking to support your growth and desire to learn proper leadership skills.

[18:17:33] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Keynote

[18:18:00] Aryte Vesperia: The preliminary work on the sim outline is done. The basic idea is sketched out and the concepts built. Next, I am going to be sending a PM to all of the donors and linking them to the necessary materials. I endeavor to get this knocked out by the end of the weekend.

[18:18:55] Aryte Vesperia: After giving a couple of days to discuss and modify to their suggestions, I will be seeking out builders and begin collecting bids. Upon making a builder selection, I will turn the project over to them and set up an appropriate payment schedule tiered to their level of creation and progress on the region.

[18:20:04] Aryte Vesperia: We will then make changes here on Titan, clearing up parts of the build to ensure we have the prims to front load most of the construction. At this point, it is critical that ALL personnel do not disturb whoever our builder is. I promise you I am very keen on ensuring they are uninterrupted. Build suggestions, critiques (etc) go through me and me alone. As such, if I get word the builder is being bothered, I will be rather displeased.

[18:20:38] Aryte Vesperia: We are close, ladies and gentlemen, close to getting this project into full run. Timed with summer, I can promise that we will be seeing a huge turn up of activity beyond our current levels. That said, it is critical that you all maintain and champion our programs / exhibit the excellence involved with the Ordo. As part, I’d highly encourage you to give this a read when you get a chance: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/17222-accountability-process-notes-09may12/

[18:21:30] Aryte Vesperia: Further, stick to your guns: I say it all the time and I mean it—use the materials we’ve provided and the instructions given. We have a strong foundation here. The group should and will run with 300 people in the same manner and unity as if it were only 30 people. That is why we have structure and policy. Confide in it.

[18:22:25] Aryte Vesperia: I, for one, am very excited for what summer means for us. We will be sitting very pretty for a great turn out. A new sim build is always a huge thing for us—so is summer. I implore you all to make the most of it. Let’s make this summer our very best yet.

[18:23:47] Aryte Vesperia: Rushed along nicely. So, in closing: promotions will be up tomorrow. Otherwise, I will be back in a couple hours. Off to dinner and all that. Thank you all for coming and have a great evening.

[18:23:55] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed. :} Go raid, yo.

[18:23:55] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:23:59] Liam Macalroy stands at attention and salutes "Ehre und Ruhm im Namen des Imperator!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.