Clicky

Deadmon

Smartphones, tablets, and gadgets of awesome.

I've been an iPhone 4 and 4S user, but this month I'll be replacing it with a Samsung Galaxy S3. I've been testing it for the past 2 months now and I must say I'm very impressed. The US version will not have the 1.4GHz Exynos 4 Quad core processor, but rather a Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 dual-core 28nm SoC, clocked at 1.5GHz with the Adreno 225 GPU. It'll have increased RAM (2 GB) to make up for the drop from the quad core. In my opinion, I prefer the Snapdragon and increased RAM more than the Exynos, despite the fact that the Exynos was the staple "future tech" of the Galaxy S3. Reasons being I don't game on my phone, so there's no need for the GPU that the Exynos offers, and the increased RAM in the US version will be nice for multitasking and running more apps. Battery life will also be longer with the Snapdragon over the Exynos. Seems we got the good "shaft" so to speak.

If anyone's curious, the reason why the US couldn't get the Exynos processor was due to our retarded 4G LTE networks. They were incompatible.

A big part of it is probably the software integration. They casually mention integration with Xbox or whatever other media. Not sure I've even heard the specs on the Surface, unless its written somewhere. They are trying to be sneaky and hide it like Apple, because hardware is totally not important as they've proven!

Windows 8 = windows 8 for tablets = windows 8 for laptops. Windows 8's design scheme was that it would be one OS for all platforms, which means the desktop version will have those tiles as well. Woo~

Also the surface has a built in touch pad and the cover is a keyboard. So....... It would be epic in the innovative scale if it was made by Apple. However I'm sure Apple will jack that idea once the "New Ipad S" comes out, under the assumption they don't completely forget their product release format since apparently numbers don't work anymore. /applehate

Windows 8 = windows 8 for tablets = windows 8 for laptops. Windows 8's design scheme was that it would be one OS for all platforms, which means the desktop version will have those tiles as well. Woo~

I want my Windows 95 scheme back!

a582fd10-3005-4416-9172-7579423df545.jpg

Behold the Nokia 6310i!

THIS is the most amazing phone ever! You'll have perfect reception where smart phone users are standing in weird postures to get a signal.

- 9 days of stand by time still after 12 years of use.

- Infra red, blue tooth connectivity, gprs modem.

- Boots in 4 or 5 seconds top.

- No fancy shit that can break like camera's, touch screens etc etc.

I frequently use this phone still to make fun of other people in poor reception areas.

For work and as a gadget toy I have a HTC Sensation, works great as a wi-fi router or sniffer. Running an ice cream sandwich custom rom (android revolution)

Apple just does not feel right for me .. too closed, too driven to take your money.

Tablets are useless unless you're in to home automation or are getting things like newspapers and/or books in a digital format. They are only around because they can't make touch screen phones any bigger (Sensation is already too big to be a good phone) to make things more pleasantly readable.

They cost more then a laptop which in turn can do a *lot* more then a tablet.

The whole 'saves paper' thing is bull shit as paper trees can be regrown more easily then all the raw materials needed for a tablet, paper is also not made by 8 year olds.

Windows 8 shall not be named further or I will make Mercury hate you. It needs to stay on tablets and tablets only or baby Jesus will cry.

MS already acquired a touch screen manufacturer .. (if you didn't see that coming ..)