Clicky

Inoue Katsu

ArmA II

Got it. I love it. Looks freakin wonderful. I dont get people saying it's crap and has all these gamestopping bugs. I havent seen any. It actually runs better than the old ArmA did on my system. So far though I'm just waiting for others to get it and for ACE mod to move to it.

Always resourceful forum peoples over at BI and Armaholic have been hard at work on optimization guides, here's some of that for people who'd like to squeeze more fps out of ArmA2 :)

/>http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73947

/>http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=6713

Also once my game group Sturmgrenadier gets our own server up I will see if maybe you guys could join in or of it'll be private. There's a lot of interest in ArmA2 compared to the first one among our guys, so i dunno whats going to happen. We are also waiting on a free server upgrade with double memory and ramz.

Edited by Akurei Sieyes

The key to surviving in ArmA2 is simple: PAY ATTENTION. 99% of the time someone gets killed, it's because they werent watching their surroundings. Due to the lack of any advanced warning system (apart from radar on some vehicles and aircraft) the only way to spot an enemy is with your Mark One Eyeball. Watch for movement, pay attention to uniforms, and generally keep under cover and/or concealment at all times. If you hear a shot ring out, get low immediately and find cover. Never sacrifice a safe position for awareness. If you dont know where they are, at least you'll be in a spot where you cant get hit. Use your ears to listen for incoming rounds. If they're far enough away you'll be able to tell their general direction by listening to the crack of the round passing by and listening to where it hits nearby. Fight the urge to immediately run, but dont stay stationary. And know that the enemy is smart. They will not just run straight at you. They will flank. So keep an eye out to the sides, and even your rear.