Clicky

Aryte

07JUL12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:03:01] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome everyone. Thank you all for joining in. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until you are provided the opportunity to speak.

[18:03:48] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 310

Cadets: 11

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 1

Denied: 4

Review: 3

Operations

Defensive: 90

Offensive: 20

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:04:39] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: relations with the AN continue to degrade at a rapid rate. Yesterday, AN attempted to hit a sleepy Titan defense with some 20+ attackers (mixed groups). Ultimately, the Ordo’s defense was able to repulse the assault without much of an issue. Under Mr. Ishelwood’s command, a counter attack waded into the AN region . . . ending in about fifteen minutes with the AN banning / closing the sim. Their reasoning? We were “griefing the sim.” All combat forces and leadership elements are advised: this is only going to get worse. Persist and keep the pressure on.

[18:05:45] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports?

[18:05:51] Keller Teichmann raises hand for Terra.

[18:06:04] Mikeo Amiot raises his hand for the IEA.

[18:06:12] Aryte Vesperia: Keller.

[18:06:21] Keller Teichmann: Delivering this report, as Hollow wasn't able to make it tonight; (:c)

Hello, Ordo. Terra had an ok week. Nothing to exciting. That said, take advantage of this yonder Numerii to get recruited into an Alpha Squad!

Trainings are ongoing, with some squads stepping up to the plate. Please, amaze Aryte and I and continue doing more! Training shows that you're interested in making yourself better for the group; a trait that is very well received amongst the trainers and peers alike.

Tiered meetings have a date! If you're in the Terra Command brackets, please sign up for a slot.

That's all for Terra this week.

[18:07:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:07:12] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Amiot?

[18:07:29] Mikeo Amiot: For the Imperial Education Administration: Admittedly a slow week with only 4 Armatura, 1 Ludi and 1 Schola class held. After the IEA meeting held last Tuesday we started working on a few ideas for streamlining classes to be a little less wordy and overall take less time in any written/text based portions. Going to hold these meetings weekly mostly likely to continue working out a format that everyone agrees upon.

Need more cadets than instructors right now in all honesty but as always if interested in teaching apply at: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/ or contact Zero Itamae directly. That's all for the IEA this week!

[18:07:35] Mikeo Amiot: For the Imperial Education Administration: Admittedly a slow week with only 4 Armatura, 1 Ludi and 1 Schola class held. After the IEA meeting held last Tuesday we started working on a few ideas for streamlining classes to be a little less wordy and overall take less time in any written/text based portions. Going to hold these meetings weekly mostly likely to continue working out a format that everyone agrees upon.

Need more cadets than instructors right now in all honesty but as always if interested in teaching apply at: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/ or contact Zero Itamae directly. That's all for the IEA this week!

[18:08:29] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Next?

[18:08:35] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:09:09] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:09:41] Ethan Schuman: Astra activity was mixed this week. It was down from normal in offenses, but our turnout for trainings and defenses and other assorted exercises was much higher than normal. With Achtai extremely busy at her job, we're still looking for a suitable candidate to fill the Reapers XO slot. Be advised that while we'll provide you with ample training and preparation, you'll be hitting the ground running. Aquila activity has been rather good, with Havoc stepping up and showing some real initiative as a leader, so props to him.

[18:09:54] Ethan Schuman: I'm going to take a moment to talk about development now. FIRST THING: DO NOT IM ME FOR PHANTOMS DURING THE MEETING OR WHILE I AM WRITING THE REPORT FOR SAID MEETING. I WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY. The CURRENT version of the Phantom is 1.6.1, and if you do not have it, meet up in the radar room near the Mercury bot after the meeting and I will give you one. It is still in beta, and various performance issues still pop up here and there that I haven't be able to isolate, so please help by reporting anything you find. Progress has also begun on the Thanatos replacement, with the project designation of Executioner. The build is progressing along very well, and you can see a version from a few days ago here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7146574/bomberthingeryturret.jpg Those turrets are temporary. Design features that will distinguish it from the Thanatos are that while it will still remain a two seat aircraft, full control of all air to ground munitions will be controlled by the pilot, with the gunner focusing on air def

[18:09:54] Ethan Schuman: ense with flak turrets. The Thanatos second gunner defense has proven extremely effective on the Thanatos in the past, so that aspect will returning. The traditional standard AGMs as the main weapon are also being replaced by railguns with both AP and AT functionality. The Executioner will also be mounting an OIC APPROVED nuclear weapon of some sort that is still in concept, along with our future frigate.

[18:10:05] Ethan Schuman: Finally, Azimuth wants me to tell you all that the Icarus application thread has been moved to here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/17787-icarus-application-thread/

Also, Icarus has its own subforum now, located in the Astra main forum.

[18:10:16] Ethan Schuman: That's all from Astra for this week.

[18:11:28] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you kindly. Any additional reports?

[18:11:32] Zerowinged Vasiliev raises hand.

[18:12:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Vasiliev.

[18:12:22] Zerowinged Vasiliev: For Tactica:

Pretty lame week in Tactica. Three military edits and that's about it... Tapping the snooze button on this report.

If you're interested in joining Tactica, toss a IM to Kyra Vixen or Zerowinged Vasiliev and we will get you handled! :D

[18:12:47] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Final call?

[18:13:23] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on!

[18:13:28] Aryte Vesperia: ✠Community

[18:13:34] Aryte Vesperia: A comment has been passed around as of late that I would like to address: “what’s up with this summer?” I totally concur. The community is unusually quiet for a summer period. Thankfully, the Ordo continues to fare quite well regardless of overall downturns throughout SL. However, this last month has really been subpar compared to the last few years.

[18:14:14] Aryte Vesperia: I really would not read in to it beyond “it is pretty slow, weird.” I know there’s a tendency to start drawing lines and make connections that the community could be dying (etc). Frankly, even if the community was, the Ordo will persist. So, I encourage folks to simply do what we have always done: push on. We have nothing to be concerned about in the grand scheme of things—certainly, raid activity may take a hit on account of target choices, but if things hit the fan, we will be fine.

[18:15:14] Aryte Vesperia: There is still a month or so left of the summer. Perhaps the community will rebound before the end? We will see.

[18:16:01] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note, I do want to underline that this really stresses the importance of reaching beyond SLMC to build the Ordo. I encourage you as members to pull friends and those who would be potentially interested toward the group—our best opportunity has always been from individuals and groups that are not already SLMC related. Proactive recruitment of acquaintances is also the best way to get people /in/ to the group: vouching is a huge boost to an application.

[18:17:17] Aryte Vesperia: If you have any questions about recruitment or how to properly go about it, feel free to send me a message sometime. I would be happy to give pointers.

[18:18:04] Aryte Vesperia: ✠Daily Events

[18:18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Earlier this week, I initiated a program headed by my person. Rather than simply pushing ART on Sunday, I have expanded my involvement in combat training to include daily events. ART qualifiers will continue for Sunday, however every day around 8:00 PM I shall be hosting training. Further, on Friday evenings, I will host a raid.

[18:19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Thus far, the events have been incredibly enjoyable. I look forward to keeping them going—please note that I may lose days here and there on account of schedule, but I will endeavor to do it every single day. I will announce the actual times as soon as possible, but often I will have to simply call them a few minutes prior to starting. Just keep your ears out for activity around 8.

[18:20:14] Aryte Vesperia: I have pushed the precedent with my events: combat trainings need purpose. Training is not simply shooting one another. Pick a skill to enhance, focus on it, and build upon it. Currently, we are hitting medicing hard and will continue to do so. Take that and apply it to your own events!

[18:21:01] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Region

[18:21:39] Aryte Vesperia: The official word on Titan from Disembodied Hand:

[18:22:00] Aryte Vesperia: “I am working diligently on the sim, often late into the night. You may see me offline but chances are its to conserve PC resources because im working on models or doing topology on one or something similar. Im most often in SL when only working on the texture or placement / inspection side of work. Only had a few (family for my and my sons july 5th birthday/family this weekend for that but I plan on working anyway) Most of the reference models and are already done, and a few models are upload-tested and going through textures. I have received help from Scarlet optimizing UV space to upgrade quality, and I am fine-tuning how to lower PE on mesh models (I have the physics simplified to cube, but PE is often still huge on some models. if anyone can help expedite this process and save me troubleshoot time MUCH appreciated).

[18:22:51] Aryte Vesperia: Morh and Xoza have offered help for scripting side to keep shit functioning. Both have some info on projects, and will receive offers for features needed. If anyone else would like to contribute, feel free to contact me. I am sure there are projects available for those that would like to help, even if small like 'swap alpha on solid and destroyed barricade at 100HP' or something

[18:23:56] Aryte Vesperia: My initial start on sim was delayed to somewhere around the 15th, and im aiming to be done around the 15th, while having a functional ground model in the next few days. Key phrase is functional, not optimal. PE may be obscene on a few items while I figure out how to lower it, textures may be unfinished, and there wont be the capital ship. That will all be fine-tuned throughout the rest of the build process to make sure everything matches up, looks pretty, ect. The reason im aiming to have a functional model is for training and familiarity purposes. Itll be made prettier and more optimal over the days after that then sent down below for combat while the capital ship is being worked on.”

[18:24:58] Aryte Vesperia: Also, just going to leave this here: http://cghub.com/files/Image/165001-166000/165060/982_max.jpg

[18:25:45] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Goals: Mandatory vs Desirable Achievement

[18:26:35] Aryte Vesperia: There has been a degree of discussion on this topic within the officer staff. I have chewed on this pretty heavily: the separation between mandatory goals and desirable achievement. I have placed an order out among the command personnel to really approach the concept in a positive light: yes, we have goals, but the intent is to encourage success.

[18:27:30] Aryte Vesperia: That said, status quo . . . simply, more visible presentation of what status quo is: we provide and will continue to provide a large amount of opportunity to individuals in positions with raid requirements. Those requirements are not there to be punitive. They are there to set a standard. If you miss that standard one week, or maybe even a couple of weeks . . . no sweat. If you are consistently missing that standard, then it is a matter of needing to step back to give someone else the opportunity to participate in that role.

[18:28:30] Aryte Vesperia: That said, status quo . . . simply, more visible presentation of what status quo is: we provide and will continue to provide a large amount of opportunity to individuals in positions with raid requirements. Those requirements are not there to be punitive. They are there to set a standard. If you miss that standard one week, or maybe even a couple of weeks . . . no sweat. If you are consistently missing that standard, then it is a matter of needing to step back to give someone else the opportunity to participate in that role.

[18:28:37] Aryte Vesperia: >:{

[18:28:38] Aryte Vesperia: I want every member to be keen on realizing no one here is intending to force you to raid or force you to train. It is up to you, as an individual, on whether or not you will be successful: you must want to improve in order to improve. No amount of regulation or orders to participate in XYZ will make it happen.

[18:29:56] Aryte Vesperia: That said, we will continue to reward those who DO push themselves to be better—to participate in training, raids, etc. Ultimately, Goals are meant to be met, but we understand that life happens: we’ll avoid the word "mandatory" but enforce the expectation when leniency slides beyond reasonable accommodation.

[18:30:38] Aryte Vesperia: That said. Thank you all for coming. For forth and pillage. :J See you in an hour!

[18:30:40] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed!

[18:30:41] Aryte Vesperia: s/

[18:30:42] conger Mint salutes!

[18:30:42] Wynand Doomdale thumps his paw to his chest and salutes.

[18:30:43] Mikeo Amiot salutes.

[18:30:43] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:30:45] Markius Faulkner salutes "Pro Imperatore ac Imperio!"

[18:30:46] Radryl Allen salutes.

[18:30:47] Riff Petrov salutes!

[18:30:47] Digman Randt salutes.

[18:30:48] Shizzerk Kostolany salutes!

[18:30:49] Huttser Ishelwood salutes, "Dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori."

[18:30:51] Kyra Vixen salutes! "For the glory of the Imperator!"

[18:30:51] Intus Infinity presents a salute.

[18:30:53] Ice Karsin: Hi5!

[18:30:55] Zerowinged Vasiliev presents a clean salute, "Guardsman Vasiliev. . ."

[18:30:57] Kurama Bingyi pounds his fist in salute and says something in Koreanese.

[18:31:09] IcedPhoenix Seferis salutes

[18:31:11] Heavy666 Bolden: i liek pie

[18:31:14] Ice Karsin: :3!!

[18:31:15] Azimuth Summerwind salutes!

[18:31:16] Dragon Massiel: Pies are delicious.

[18:31:16] Ratchet Exonar: oha hai

[18:31:19] Ethan Schuman: INSERT MANDATORY NANAO JOKE HERE

[18:31:21] Ratchet Exonar: :3

[18:31:22] Krin Redgrave Foot Salutes

[18:31:43] Carrious Darbyshire salutes.

[18:31:47] Krin Redgrave Foot Salutes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.