Clicky

Aryte

04AUG12 - Weekly Meeting

[17:59:34] NuzzyLus Resident: Intus, stand next to us :v

[18:00:29] Aryte Vesperia: A very good evening to you all! Welcome and thank you for attending. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions affect us all.

[18:00:56] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 321

Cadets: 9

Applications

New: 7

Accepted: 2

Denied: 2

Review: 3

Operations

Defensive: 89

Offensive: 18

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:01:36] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes for this week: the combat continent sim cluster has proven to be an . . . interesting amalgam of groups. As is, you can expect a rather difficult challenge upon entering any of the CC regions, as it attracts the attention of the denizens of all the clusters. Further, the significant groups—such as AN—now use the CC homesteads to put a lot of space between their base and the entry point. CC has been elevated on the combat tier. Raids there should be taken fairly seriously, with an expectation of a large response of foes. It is recommended that teams focus on scoring kills, rather than obtaining any mentionable sim objectives.

[18:02:12] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02:13] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:02:16] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:02:38] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Hello, Ordo. Terra had yet another average week. That said, let's make next week better!

[18:02:59] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Evalidus reports that Cerberus development is still on-going. Best of luck on that front, I hope to see it finished soon™.

[18:03:18] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Joint trainings are being held within some of the Alpha Squads; be sure to get in on them as much as possible.

[18:03:34] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Not a whole lot to report this week. :[

[18:04:08] Aryte Vesperia: Next? :D

[18:04:22] Aryte Vesperia raises hand for Astra.

[18:04:27] Aryte Vesperia: Mm yes, go ahead Mr. Vesperia.

[18:04:40] Aryte Vesperia: Yes. Apparently Astra couldn't be bothered to be here.

[18:04:49] Aryte Vesperia: So let's talk a bit about Astra.

[18:04:59] Aryte Vesperia: Remember that plane, the Phantom?

[18:05:11] Aryte Vesperia: It's due by August 15th, or I am taking over the project. :J

[18:05:17] Aryte Vesperia: That's all in Astra news!

[18:05:20] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:05:37] Aryte Vesperia: Final call.

[18:05:44] Aryte Vesperia: Great. Moving on!

[18:05:49] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ TS3 Adventures

[18:06:22] Aryte Vesperia: The last several weeks (months, maybe?) have proven to be an exciting journey through the realm of shoddy hosts and unexplained issues with our TS3 connectivity. After an uphill battle, and I knock on wood, it does appear that we have finally tightened things down back to a sense of stability. Long story short: we swapped providers some month ago and were promised better service and connection strength. We received neither and have opted to jump back to a different provider.

[18:07:43] Aryte Vesperia: Although a tad bit more costly, it does appear this new selection has returned our TS3 back to a reasonably reliable rate. Further, it seems that the temporary restriction of 32 users has also been removed. If that is incorrect, someone please correct me.

[18:08:36] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you to everyone for your patience. We apologize for any interruptions caused by the server issues. Additionally, thank you to Firefox Breed for enduring hours of torment as we page, text messaged, called, and IM’d him “TS3 is down.”

[18:09:23] Aryte Vesperia: We actually don't feel bad at all for that, however, and encourage everyone to continue paging him if there's TS3 issues.

[18:09:58] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Region Update

[18:10:53] Aryte Vesperia: We are steadily entering into a new phase of region development: preparation for transition and removal of current build elements to have prims available. If you have not taken the opportunity (or ran into Disembodied): he has started uploading mesh models in world and has a good selection of the large pieces placed out around the plywood kingdom.

[18:12:31] Aryte Vesperia: We have not yet reached the point that it is necessary to deconstruct anything on ground level, but we will be approaching that pretty rapidly as the models become more fleshed out. Here are a couple of not in world screenshots for folks:

[18:12:37] Aryte Vesperia: http://i49.tinypic.com/raqikw.jpg
/>http://i50.tinypic.com/13z8jk2.jpg

[18:14:04] Disraeli Calderwood raises his hand.

[18:14:18] Aryte Vesperia: You are welcome to go visit the build upstairs, just be sure not to disrupt or distract Disembodied as he labors away. Once we have the major elements all in mesh, the rest of the work is sort of like a more fancy and digital version of Legos. We are getting there, ladies and gentlemen. I am extremely excited for this to finally become a reality!

[18:14:24] Disraeli Calderwood lowers his hand.

[18:14:28] Aryte Vesperia: Calderwood--

[18:14:33] Aryte Vesperia: Un-Calderwood.

[18:15:29] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions /about/ the sim build?

[18:15:44] NuzzyLus Resident: When was the due date before?

[18:16:01] Aryte Vesperia: Initial models were expected right about now. :J

[18:16:54] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along.

[18:16:58] Aryte Vesperia: ✠AK-12

[18:17:39] Aryte Vesperia: There are a few questions related to the AK-12 that I would like to address for the good of everyone. Foremost: yes, the AK-12 will be replacing the SCAR. It will also be taking the place of the Covalent as the primary weapon for Astra. The SCAR will be retired, but the Covalent will remain in the armory as an unlock.

[18:18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, there has been a lot of chatter regarding LOD and the AK-12 not being visible outside of 10m without a high LOD on your client. We are aware of this and do not intend to make adjustments to the model to accommodate more distance. The reason being: the model has already been “sewn together” in the 3d client. To disassemble it and increase its visibility over distance would not be worth the effort.

[18:19:52] Aryte Vesperia: Although I realize there are concerns that we’ll receive flak for the gun being seemingly invisible to enemies on the other side of the sim, I would rather get the weapon operational and cross that bridge if we come to it, rather than delaying the program and waiting for its release without knowing if it’ll ever actually be a problem to consider.

[18:20:50] Aryte Vesperia: Further, there have been some questions on additional attachments—such as a drum magazine. This is a possibility and I have already chatted some with Scarlet Flaks about adding a GL. I see no problem making a drum magazine option part of the weapon. We’re looking to make this an effective, multi-function platform. Somethin’ to give Ordo folks a new standard rifle to be proud of.

[18:22:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thus far, I am every bit as proud of the weapon as I’d hope to of been. It has proven itself in combat in multiple events. Whether or not it’ll be more legendary than our old school SCAR? Time will tell.

[18:23:38] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd that concludes tonight's meeting. :J We're gathering for an ARMA entourage! Assemble in SUB 3 for those who wish to play. We'll begin in about ten minutes! Dismissed and have a wonderful night!

[18:23:39] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.