Clicky

Alexi Ayres

"Epic" Combat Memories

Is it me or whenever we have really amazing combat experiences, the memory I have of them are really "Epic" to the point where my imagination replays it back like "Saving Private Ryan" kind of action sequences. These memories transform simple pixelated avatars into characters of fluid motion embodied with a sense of urgency in an immersive environment where bullets wizz and crackle, grenades going off everywhere. From my perspective, I would remember myself running alongside the hills of an enemy base with rapid heartbeat while looking up and seeing Astra planes roaring above me. Gripping my rifle tightly for dear life while pulling its trigger towards a sea of opposing forces. I could hear the thunderous sounds of Ordo Legions sweep across the landscape and the cries of anguish from those that stand in its way.

Sounds like something that could be written out as a short story. Submit it to the Invenio Department of OID...or join the Invenio Department of OID.

But every now and then, when involved with a raid that is of particular merit, I'll type up a short and glorified summary from my own generalized view.

Took out a hostile attacker with a 6.5m/s shark with new, realistic smell and electromagnetic prey finding abilities. The poor bastard tried to duck behind cover, and just when he thought it was safe he jumped up to attack friendly forces. He didn't check his surroundings first and took a BGM-25 "Great White" to the chest.

Later field tests of the BGM-25 "Great White" in that same combat event showed two more combat kills. This proves the new shark-based technology to have great merit* and that our attackers are pretty Ffffing stupid if they can't see a large shark slowly moving towards them while playing the theme from Jaws.

*The editor of this field test report that while the BGM-25 "Great White" is truly a formidable weapon, it is not an approved Keller substitute.

Me and Scarlet were defending the North Eastern side of the sim, right outside the Forge behind the barricades that are at the end of the road. We were being attacked by Megiddo, if I recall correctly. Some of them were coming down the road and we were mopping them up pretty quickly, until one of them threw a grenade and I shit you not, it bounced off of my chestplate. I think that was about the loudest I ever screamed grenade over Teamspeak.

We both made it out from in between the barricades in time and survived.

Guest Ruin Nefarious

Bribing (Whathole) Magic with L$1000 to teleport me behind Vanguard's lines during the final battle against MC. Christoph Naumova had spent the last ten minutes gloating how Ordo would be too scared to attack with VG present.

After being teleported, I mowed down all of the present VG command, including Christoph Naumova, and had enough time to shout "Eat your words" before someone respawned and got me.

:dowant:

Me and Scarlet were defending the North Eastern side of the sim, right outside the Forge behind the barricades that are at the end of the road. We were being attacked by Megiddo, if I recall correctly. Some of them were coming down the road and we were mopping them up pretty quickly, until one of them threw a grenade and I shit you not, it bounced off of my chestplate. I think that was about the loudest I ever screamed grenade over Teamspeak.

We both made it out from in between the barricades in time and survived.

I remember this, definitely one of my most fond memories. Baller as Ffff.

Bruno trying to recruit me. Invited me to his village of the plebs. Me using a space marine avatar at the time saw all the heresy. Do I pulled out a heavy bolter and killed poor Bruno and all his plebeians.

Using the barrier to destroy a tank from 100% health by myself. Rez derez and repeat till it died.

Us attacking vg. A big operation of the time. Aryte had Orderd us to bring out all the heavy we had. So we did... 4 punishers and who knows how many adjudicators etc we pulled out. All I seem to remember is their entire front line vanishing behind a wall of explosions and having no return fire for a couple of minutes. Also arytes laughter and surprise.

Edited by Hunter Abrams

Sprinting through an underground tunnel in a raid against Silver Hawks, resulting in both the death of Fay Franzos and the banning of half of our raid party, but still managing to barrel through to the final objective and cap it with half of our guys out of action. :U

One time, we were attacking Chaos and their build had what amounted to a big wall near the spawn with a single door out of it. This made it simple for them to sit on their own wall and jetpack around firing enormous 7x1x1 bullets at the door and camp everyone, but we still managed to poke our way out eventually. After a while, we weren't making much headway, and Aryte declared that the first person who could break Chaos's line and get behind them would get a medal.

I got a medal. :winner:

Bribing (Whathole) Magic with L$1000 to teleport me behind Vanguard's lines during the final battle against MC. Christoph Naumova had spent the last ten minutes gloating how Ordo would be too scared to attack with VG present.

After being teleported, I mowed down all of the present VG command, including Christoph Naumova, and had enough time to shout "Eat your words" before someone respawned and got me.

:dowant:

Yesssss, My god those were some good times. I'll always remember Ruin "RPing" being a Sith with two purposely unnamed friends, and oppressing (killing) them, as per his character after being told to, "Stay IC, noob". Many a good time.

Jessie, setting a Linden on fire with a flamethrower.

Standing on the wall of Badnarik over looking Salamis, fending off huge attacks in general. Sim grinding to shit due Havok 1, everything having prims instead of sculpties. Dem old days.

Grunt rushing bloodfist and AN. Operation Crucify (This? Forgot the name). 24 hour long assaults. Getting banned from Sparta for shooting Bruno in combat.

Using a flamethrower against Cptcuddle's army of tinies.

AN spawn camping us and teleporting the mladshiy's for "training".

The first tanks. Mercz' odd wall walking mech.

Vanguard, I am trying to purge that from my memory. However I generally liked this shit back in the FIRST antartica build in Verklund. Snowkitty accidently released the unlimited panzerfaust. Setting homes across the sim and shooting eachotehr with fully automatic panzerfausts. The wall base was so big when a piece of the inside got removed someone put a church in it, and defending the church from attackers.

Not so much epic combat, but nice memories.