Clicky

Blaze Wiles

DeathWatch Tabletop

For those of you who are involved with the Warhammer 40,000 DeathWatch Role Play Game I am Game Mastering on the 20AUG12. Due to the Telephone Exchange breaking something on their end I will likely be unable to attend, unless you hear from me by sataday night the session on the 20th has been posoponed (again) till the 27AUG12.

Sorry for the inconvienience.

For those interested in what DeathWatch is, in short it is a Table Top Role Playing Game, in the style of Dungeons & Dragons, but you take on the role of a Space Marine in the elite DeathWatch within the universe of Warhammer 40,000. The DeathWatch is the millitant arm of the Imperial Inquisitions Ordo Xenos, it's members drawn from Space Marine Chapters accross the Imperium, Hunting down the most dangerouse alien threats to the Imperium.

[ http://www.fantasyfl...enmi=Deathwatch ]

Edited by Blaze Wiles

Normally?

This game has just been started up in the last three weeks - mostly comprised of getting the Campaign material together, making sure the character sheets are finished and upto date with the living Errata, ensuring the players know how the game mechanics work, and organising a time that all participants can be online for (which has been the singularly most difficult part - now further complicated by my unforseen telephone problems).

I have Teron, Burrwolf, Marc, & Salem set to play, Along with two additional none ordo players to round out the Kill-Teams abilities by filling the last two specific roles, most importantly providing an Apothacary character.

I'm not Against someone else joining in, but you'll have to speak to me when my net is fixed.

Simple really, The whole system is based off percentage rolls & 10 sided dice, so at most you need to generate a number between 0 & 100.

So we can either use an online dice roller like this one [http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm] or use two physical d10's (which most of us have tons of - I have something like 30+ because of the World of Darkness system)

Adding onto what Blaze said, you will also need some sort of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) program, such as Skype or Teamspeak OR some sort of text chat system. VoIP is easier to do, and gets things done faster.

Fillable PDFs of the Character sheet are always a plus. You can send the GM you character sheet, updated and legible, as needed. Saving that, you can scan the character sheet, or use a spreadsheet application (like Excel and OpenOffice Calc) to send this information.

Tabletop roleplays are usually done in this fashion through the internet, but there are additional tools that actually enhance it, such as a tool that simulates minatures placement for dungeon maps.

George, this must be asked. Are you in this thread to contribute meaningful insights, or are you simply here to waste space as Blaze tries to set this up and be an annoyance? Because if it's the former, you have yet to do so. If it is the latter, disciplinary action can be arranged. I leave it up to you which it will be, if you decide to persist.

After all, your precious 'minutes' seem to be wasted here.

Guest Ruin Nefarious

Table top role play is a gigantic buzz kill for me. But Space Marines are not.

(I am a very visual person, so it'd be incredibly challenging to . . . envision some people as Deathwatch Terminators. But otherwise p epic.)

Edited by Ruin Nefarious

That's the one point you kinda have me at.

"For the Emperawr!"

"Kill the Witch, the Heretic, but not the Mutant."

"Cleanse it with cuddles!"

That is the only reason I likely will not play Deathwatch RP, unless we're doing it strictly canon. :|

And to answer your question Krow, no. A private message is pretty easy to ignore if the person in question is liable to do so.

Public messages... not so easy to do that with...

Salem is right, of course. You can run whole campaigns, online with markers an everything. Of course, it's not quite the same as a full on video game, but video games odn't give you the same scale of interaction (9/10 of the time) or freedom of action that a true tabletop RPG can provide. Or the flexibility. It depends on what you need or want out of the whole experience.

To ignore. Oh, I suppose you can try. But it leaves a nice, clear presentation to everyone on where we all stand, so when it comes to that aforementioned disciplinary action (which I'd truly regret having to take), everyone is perfectly clear why it went down.

I like a visible and clear form of remedial due process. It makes it so much harder to lie about what steps were taken (such as a warning).

So I ask you Krow, if you've got anything to add here, or are you simply here to try to defend the indefensible prior acts of Mr. Reisman?

I believe the topic at hand is a possible Deathwatch RPG GM'd by our own great Blaze Wiles. I'd like to play, I just have a rather strict take on the rules, so I'm not sure how closely they will be followed (as each GM has their own style, which is fine).