Clicky

Trinity Heckroth

US Consulate in Benghazi attacked - One dead.

A long time friend and colleague of mine was recently killed in the Libyan attack on the US consulate. Sean was a good friend. He was in situ to provide IT services for the consulate, which meant he was on the net all the time, hanging out, and a veteran of deployments in the earliest, gritty days in Iraq. During these deployments, he would occasionally say on messenger "Ffff, incoming" and vanish for a few but would always return shortly thereafter unscathed. We were chatting before it happened, and his last messages were

(2:40:22 PM) Sean: Ffff

(2:40:24 PM) Sean: gunfire

and then he vanished as usual. This time he did not return. My heart and my thoughts go out to his family, his wife, and his children. I don't really know why I'm posting this here, I just needed to get it out somewhere.

I don't believe the identity of the victim has yet to be released to the public. Not that I imagine folks here are going to go post it on Facebook or what not. Just, food for thought.

That's really sad to hear. I follow an author who keeps track of incidents like this (http://www.defenddemocracy.org/about-fdd/team-overview/gartenstein-ross-daveed/ -- he is a badass), but you never really grasp the impact until you hear it from someone who was there or knew the individuals directly effected.

God speed.