Clicky

Shizzerk

WarZ

To put it simple... You guys are allowed to believe who ever you want ^^

I'm on the alpha and despite the PvP Ffff Fest and waiting for Rep system to get in the game. I'm having a blast!

WarZ has everything DayZ has to offer but has the immersion that a mod can't give... I can say that by the time Beta starts, WarZ will be a very fun and smooth game.

The Map is great, the Sounds are great, the Zombies need more work but they feel much more immersive then DayZ.

Guns are rare, Ammos are VERY VERY VERY rare.

Reputation System will put Bandits on a dillema - I can kill those survivors just for fun or for their loot, but then i won't be able to visit the safe zones no more and i'll have people hunting me for bounties. Wanna be a badass bandit! ALRIGHT! Deal with the consequences of being a wanted person though.

Keller and Shiz, i suggest you guys keep an eye out for videos by November and check the game by yourselves. WarZ might be the game for you guys in case you did not get used to Arma Engine.

I'm in the Alpha for WarZ. WarZ feels MUCH more immersive then DayZ. PLAYS the same way as DayZ and much more control friendly.

You mean it's dumbed down and not running on a simulator game engine like ARMA? Why not say it as it is-- it plays like a console-tier arcade casual shooter and not a survival game like DayZ at all. None of the gameplay is dynamic, ballistics and weapons play like any other shooter.

Game is NOT a stolen idea or else what i asked you would be true. DayZ made a Zombie Survival game, so no one else allowed to?

I don't think you understand what Pandering is.

Also - All this BS for when WarZ begun to be worked on is just haters trying to find a reason to hate the game...

So, you can't prove otherwise that this game is an Original idea and isn't just blatantly jumpping on the DayZ bandwagon to make money?

Yes on WarZ PvP is kinda like a Fffffest at the moment, but that's because they allowed PvP without the Reputation System which will add Drawbacks for Killing folks. ALso another thing there is NOT on DayZ. How is that also stolen idea? My favorite color is red.

I added something to the end of your post, this means I didn't steal it and it's entirely original. Right?

Also - Like i stated before, WarZ runs on a new version of WarInc engine. SO YES it will look familiar! But it's not the same. Yes there are things 'copied' from WarInc! SO WHAT? I would copy stuff form MY other game if it's no big deal!

What's wrong about using the same house or barn model if it's a GOOD one? Or character or Item or whatever... It looks alright , sowhy complain about that? Obviously that person is jut trying to add more gas so people will hate the game before trying it out for themselves or giving a chance to check it out once people are allowed to post videos and screenshots.

Thats why the NDA prohibits people from posting stuff, because the game is NOT unbugged or ready for release and they do'nt want hters doing hate campaings on the game.

You're excusing the fact that the developers are too lazy to make a game and disregarding that they have only been working on it since May, by simply saying that using the same assets, animations, models, textures, etc is OK in your opinion?

Well, frankly it's not OK, and here's why; It's the reason this console generation has been dragged on for nearly a decade (XBOX 360 released in 2005). It's because of this attitude that we're stuck with the same games, and we're getting worse sequels every year. Games like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Halo, [Any title from EA Sports], and Battlefield receive new titles and people instantly assume that it's better, but fail to realize it's the exact same game. Would you buy the same car you already own, if I simply painted it blue?

WarZ has everything DayZ has to offer but has the immersion that a mod can't give....

Perhaps you're genuinely unfamiliar with just how mods can effect a game. I'd advise you to spend some time looking through this wonderful showcase of hundreds of game mods, I'm sure you will find many of them offer much more immersion than their base game/s. Maybe if that's not enough, perhaps look into the Nexus Modding Community, or even the GameBanana community.

But I digress-- if being a Mod is what makes DayZ bad, then I guess this means the DayZ Standalone will be terrific, right?

I'll TRY make this short - You're obviously a HUGE DayZ and Arma Fan, Scarlet.

But for a Zombie Survival game you don't need a Simulator engine or complexity to be good. Which is quite easily hacked in this case...

You can say that WarZ is " a console-tier arcade casual shooter and not a survival game like DayZ at all. " but you haven't even played the game or seen the game after the issues is fixed. It's easy to criticize when all you do is read hate campaing ... You know that. All i can say is: The Arcade shooter feeling is due to the game not being refined and not having crucial features implemented. That will change as it gets close to beta... ALL info you have on WarZ is derived from Hate Campaing... That says it all.

DayZ is currently a mod, thus unable to gives us ALL the Immersion potential it has... DEAL with this... it's a fact. I never said ALL mods are bad, yes there are MANY mods better hten the base game. I usually play ALL games i can with mods when available.

ALso - The GREAT mods, are from games that are MADE to be that way. The mods just enable the game to be what it could be. DayZ and WarZ survival aspects are the same level...WarZ are even more reliable. SO there is no 'Dumbed down' bs here...You just like DayZ better, GOOD for you.

When DayZ standalone comes out i'm deffinately checking it. I MIGHT be the same as WarZ but in the simulator style of Arma - IT MAY NOT! It may just be an ARMA 3 version of DayZ current model.

Also don't forget - There are people that don't like the way DayZ works because of Arma Mechanics. They do'nt feel right to some people... WarZ maybe the answer... What about these people? They shoudl stay out of WarZ because the die hard fans of DayZ make hate campaings or whine about it being a copy?

Wait till the game is released to criticize it ...

- Certain things here -

Originality - NOT everything in the world is original, if you think about something, does nto mean you're the original owner of that idea. In that case, was it original? No it was not. Was it stolen? Not itwas not. What is it? It woudl be a person using MY words to say the exact same thing. In this case, WarZ is using the same IDEA that DayZ has to create something more familiar to those who don't like Arma Mechanics. What's wrong with that? SO those who don't like are FORCED to play DayZ or not play at all ?

WarZ is different... Deal with it? Just because WarZ plays different then DayZ does not mean it's crappy. You Don't like it? Alright ! But sharing hate campaings without even seeing or trying for yourself is not right. Theres ton of DayZ fans on the Alpha and most of them are quite surprized by how good and promising the game really is.

WHO cares of it's original game or not? We care if the game is FUN!

Also let me state that the Reputation is not the only thing ORIGINAL added to WarZ. But just the Rep is a BIG change from DayZ scenery. I'm pretty sure that MANY players left DayZ for the increase in Random bandits just camping hills for fun...At least i did! Everything should have drawbacks.

Well now... So much for keeping it short...

To put it simple - Don't give attention to Hate Campaing... Wait for the game release, check it out. If you still don't like, it's alright! Wait for DayZ Standalone and everyone's happy!

Only really have a couple of points to make here:

DayZ is currently a mod, thus unable to gives us ALL the Immersion potential it has... DEAL with this... it's a fact. I never said ALL mods are bad, yes there are MANY mods better hten the base game. I usually play ALL games i can with mods when available.

Your assumption that a mod is any less immersive than an original release is absurd. There are mods that are essentially stripping down to the basic engine and rebuilding from there. It is debatable to say that the entire CoD franchise since CoD2 have just been a series of extensive mods. (Not trying to take a shot at them for that exactly, just making a big-name fps example)

2 parter

WHO cares of it's original game or not?

Its blatantly a ripoff game, many video game enthusiasts would snub their nose at this obvious developer lazyness and idea ripping. The intention to steal some of DayZ's thunder is so evident they even ripped the name/format. Its a half-assed attempt to leech off of someone else's success, and shouldnt be encouraged if you want to see the game industry stop bleeding itself dry.

We care if the game is FUN!

Nothing could be more true, despite what I said above. The goal is to create the game that is the most fun. If WarZ made a better game by the same concept, the players benefit. Its extremely an asshole move that they are doing, and super shitty for the DayZ devs, but the players are the ones that benefit from whoever creates the best product.

Personally, I think DayZ looks superior, but if you are having fun playing the knock-off then more power to you so long as you know its a clear knock-off. :P

I'll TRY make this short - You're obviously a HUGE DayZ and Arma Fan, Scarlet.

I have only played 35 hours total of ARMA, and I've never installed or played DayZ?

ALL info you have on WarZ is derived from Hate Campaing...

I'm pretty sure I supplied enough citations and sources prior that indicate my information is not from hate 'campaing', but is actual fact. And speaking of fact, let me go to your next point;

DayZ is currently a mod, thus unable to gives us ALL the Immersion potential it has... DEAL with this... it's a fact.

This, unfortunately is not fact. This is opinion. The level of immersion a player feels is subject to their own personal tastes and comfort in the games they play, it is not a universal standard nor one that can be represented as a standard to determine that a game is subpar. What does determine if a game is subpar however is the level of artistic and mechanical refinement, original content, and learning curve that the game has within it.

Also don't forget - There are people that don't like the way DayZ works because of Arma Mechanics. They do'nt feel right to some people... WarZ maybe the answer... What about these people?

I get the distinct feeling you are speaking for yourself here. The ARMA mechanics are entirely different from WarZ mechanics. This is a big difference in the style of gameplay. One is a combat simulator, the other is a zombie shooter built on top of a generic FPS game that failed.

This is like trying to compare a bicycle with training wheels attached, and a unicycle; Certainly both of them provide the user with a similar experience, but one will require the user to spend a lot more time learning what to do, and how to control it, before the learn to appreciate and enjoy themselves.

In this case, WarZ is using the same IDEA that DayZ has to create something more familiar to those who don't like Arma Mechanics. What's wrong with that? SO those who don't like are FORCED to play DayZ or not play at all ?

Since when does this have to be so black and white? I never said anything about forcing people to play DayZ, don't be so dramatic.

Theres ton of DayZ fans on the Alpha and most of them are quite surprized by how good and promising the game really is.

I'm going to need some proof of this, please show statistics and cited examples of noteworthy or large groups of DayZ players converting to WarZ that are praising it for it's unique and original gameplay.

To put it simple - Don't give attention to Hate Campaing...

I994d.jpg

kguI1.jpg

Okay... Did you REALLY do that?

So i tell you to not pay attention to hate campaings and instead wait to see for YOURSELF ... You post THAT? Who's being dramatic now? I stand with my last line...

SIMPLE - Do not give attention to hate campaings! Wait and SEE FOR YOURSELF! So you can ACTUALLY have your OWN opinions and not a opinion corrupted by hate and false statements.

Dis - Even if it is a ripoff... it's not the worst nor the first one to happen. Also no one's obligated to support the game, but why hate it just because someone said so? It is WRONG to criticize the game without even trying it out or seeing the game AFTER release.

Also Dis - YOU think DayZ is superior. What about the people who DO NOT like DayZ mechanics but still want to play a similar game? For example, keller. Will he want to play a game for people are making a shitload of hate about it ? Specialy when the main reason for all that hate is the fact that maybe the game is a knock off?

PLUS

The only thing that SHOULD matter on a game is ' Is it FUN? So it's worth my money! ' ?

I never said that mods are worse in anyway. I was completely misunderstood! I was SPECIFICALLY talking of DAYZ MOD. At the current state... It DOES NOT have the complete immersion potential that the standalone will have.

About immersion...DayZ has great sound effects for a mod and FREE at that. But WarZ HAS better immersion vs the current DayZ. Nothing to argue there... Unless you played the game, you can't argue about that. I played both and i can assure you. It IS better! Simple things like sounds, AI AND MAP specificaly created for a ZOMBIE apocalypse game - Is something you CAN NOT deny as better immersion.

Not to mention stuff like Zombie and Items respawn spots that are immersion breaking on DayZ.

As for being dramatic - Well it's the truth! What do you think it will happen if people pay attention to Hate Campaing? They won't give the game a chance or will hate the game for bad facts and stuff that was fixed.

You need proof to believe that? Just do what i SUGGESTED... Wait until the game is publicly released and see for yourself... All i said here was based on my experience playing the game and people talking on the chat and forums. My word not good enough? Wait to see for yourself... Simple as that. There's quite a few DayZ players on WarZ alpha and forums.

Believe it or not ! But the PvP problem on WarZ right now is mainly caused by Bandit Players that came from DayZ.

AND PLEASE! Don't post more crappy images without a good reason. I have a feeling you're incinuating something i'm not... that would make it completely unecessary AND quite offensive.

Edited by Chris Peckham

Guest Ruin Nefarious

This thread, summarized.

post-480-0-99863600-1350511753_thumb.jpg

You have all put and impressive amount of effort into arguing about this, rofl.

Edited by Ruin Nefarious

Dis - Even if it is a ripoff... it's not the worst nor the first one to happen. Also no one's obligated to support the game, but why hate it just because someone said so? It is WRONG to criticize the game without even trying it out or seeing the game AFTER release.

Im not hating on it for any reason other than its a BLATENT rip-off. Saying its poor form for that so called "developer" Not because someone told me to dislike the game. I dont intend to check it out after release because I dont expect it to get much farther. A developer that uses almost entirely assets from failed previous games isnt going to put too much elbow grease into making it fantastic from alpha to release. The fact remains its a knock-off to steal some of someone elses thunder and as a would-be developer myself I frown on such actions *shrugs*

Also Dis - YOU think DayZ is superior. What about the people who DO NOT like DayZ mechanics but still want to play a similar game? For example, keller. Will he want to play a game for people are making a shitload of hate about it ? Specialy when the main reason for all that hate is the fact that maybe the game is a knock off?

I dont know why you are exploding because I posted my personal opinion that DayZ looks better... LIKE I SAID BEFORE:

The goal is to create the game that is the most fun. If WarZ made a better game by the same concept, the players benefit. Its extremely an asshole move that they are doing, and super shitty for the DayZ devs, but the players are the ones that benefit from whoever creates the best product.

Personally, I think DayZ looks superior, but if you are having fun playing the knock-off then more power to you so long as you know its a clear knock-off. :P

Oh no - You got me wrong.

I know you weren't hating, i was refering to Scarlet and his earlier posts showing some stuff.

Nor i was "Exploding" at you. I was just trying to explain my point to WHY i don't agree with ALL the hate people make about the game, JUST because it's a knock-off or whatever.

What i meant: You like it, but some people don't. That means people can criticize a game for the WRONG reasons?

Like i said before - I Couldn't care less if people think it's a ripoff or knock off or whatever!

Only fact that matters : Game is fun?

Yes or No.

I have a 2-3 months of experience on DayZ and play Warz - I can say without a doubt that once beta comes out it will be a great game.

Edited by Chris Peckham