Clicky

Kellervo

Warframe

Please note that to ensure we have enough keys to go around, you must be a registered member of Ten Ton Hammer or GuildWars2Hub.com to get an item code. Not registered? It's free and easy to get your standard membership: just click here to join!

:/

I don't even know if I'd be able to run it. Anyone got required specs?

:/

I don't even know if I'd be able to run it. Anyone got required specs?

What are the system requirements for Warframe?  

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 

DirectX: 9.0c

Hard Drive: 1 GB free HD space

Seems pretty light to run, I've been having quite some fun with it.

Edited by Wynand Doomdale

It's... very strange. It looks like it can be something incredibly awesome, but the way it's set up presently in beta looks like it does have a P2W slant - you can pay to have 'Pro' versions of everything which come with more powerful nodes / more expansive skill trees which definitely favor those with money.

Plus there's eight+ characters, but to play as more then two you need to pay money - so if you pick the wrong one with your first choice (Loki is useless initially), you only get ONE 'good' Warframe to use for the rest of the game.

It seems Excalibur and Volt are not bad as starter. I choose volt so I can shout "LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT!" To get other warframes without paying you have to buy a blueprint and do some extensive grinding to gather all the materials you need to build it + wait at least 5 days for all the stuff to complete in the forge. Its kind of a pain. I've been trying to get Ember.

My name on there Shizzerk if you couldn't guess.

Trinity frame only takes 3 days. <3 But, you have to grind the same Earth boss to get the pieces. All of the warframe parts come from their own boss. Ash frame from a boss on one world, Ember and Mag from another, Rhino from two separate bosses, etc.

Trinity frame only takes 3 days. <3 But, you have to grind the same Earth boss to get the pieces. All of the warframe parts come from their own boss. Ash frame from a boss on one world, Ember and Mag from another, Rhino from two separate bosses, etc.

Each piece takes 15 hours. In addition to the time it takes to get the parts for the blueprints. Its a lot of time. I only need 700 and some control module for ember so im somewhat close.

Update today. Most major section of it, I think.

"Pro system dropped. New Super-Charge requires item to be installed. Items can be purchased with platinum (same cost as before,) or can be built in the Foundry. Users with Pro items will have this automatically installed."

Seems they are already preparing for some open beta business. Open beta weekend coming up: Starting Friday February 15th at 12:00pm EST thru Tuesday February 19th at 9:00am EST

OBT is projected for next month I believe.

For those of you out of the loop, a lot has been added since the last posts in this thread. Update 6 brought a lot of new interesting things, but here's a nice concise list:

-New heavy weapons: Scindo (battle axe), Fragor (big ol hammer), and Gram (Greatsword, which is just a large plasma sword currently)

-Other new weapons: Dual Zoren (twin axes), Dual Heat swords (heat sword+heat dagger =...just good looking Dual Skana, unfortunately)

-New frames: Nyx (psychic-based, mind control sorta of deals), Frost (ice-based, tons o fun).

-Other new weapons: Boltor (bolto, but a rifle), Akbolto (akimbo boltos wooo!)

-new Grineer 'mining asteroid' tileset. Fun new levels to enjoy!

-Wallrunning! Both along a wall or up it.

-Alternate helmets for all frames. Blueprints drop from random Alerts (with a "?" in the rewards section), or can be purchased with platinum.

-Two additional planets, Ceres and Eris (which contains the bosses that drop Nyx and Frost blueprints). Enemies in the level 30-50 range I think, bridging that gap to Pluto

-New skill trees for all warframes, containing 45 nodes (max level is still 30). Makes for interesting customization of your abilities, balanced out by choosing different paths for more of one thing over another. Most frames now have a possible 13 mod slots! Will make for some powerful frames with that many mods slotted.

-Other changes to frames, including speed changes; Rhino, Frost, and Trinity are now a bit slower, while some frames are a little faster. There are now mods for Stamina max and sprint speed to balance it out a bit. Base armor and health values have also been changed, as those slower frames now have a base armor of 150, versus the 10 or 25 of lighter, faster frames. Stacking armor mods can yield 1 damage per hit on your health!

-Gorgon now requires Mastery Rank 3. Hek requires Mastery rank 4 (either purchasing or using a blueprint).

Probably a few other things I can't think of off the top of my head, as much has changed. Lots of little balance tweaks, such as new projectiles for the Bolto/Boltor series.