Clicky

Huttser

Aliens: Colonial Marines

"They come out at night...mostly~"

ss_a0a26ed77e9cfcfa348e28b7c31a7df060348

Aliens just went up for pre-purchase on steam, (apparently it's been up on Origin for longer but Steam is cheaper atm).

Can this game be the accouter to possibly one of the best sci-fi movies of all times? It bloody looks like it could be. Release slated for February the 12th. I can't wait. Anyone else getting this?

I just saw a post in the discussion threads on Steam. A guy making a complaint that there's too much of Hadley's Hope still there after the explosion, the sentry gun in the hallway in one of the missions had 4 rounds instead of 10 like in the movie, and that a facehugger wasn't in the right spot on the floor. :|

EDIT: OH LAWDY LAWDY WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO.

Edited by Caleb

The people making bad reviews wanted a survival horror, Alien 3-style shooter. What Sega and Gearbox promised was an Alien-themed action shooter, and that's what they delivered. It's an absolutely fantastic game, if you aren't like some people who go looking for bugs and bad texture filtering.

So I have read alot of reveiws now and some of them are from reviwers that I usaly trust and like but so far angry joe is the only one thats been positive as far as I have seen.

I dont understand most of the complaints I think its a good game. Its not without fault. The AI is poor and there could have been alot more tension but bad sounds and bad textures? No I think its a good game with a few small flaws that hopefully can get fixed but the sound and texturs are good.

The DLC´s promised is all from new weapons to new singelplayer missions so ill keep playing it and loving it.

That's kind of dumb, I'm not even sure why it was 'hyped' up so much, not sure you can blame that on the company as they didn't advertise it very good.

When I saw what it was only a few weeks ago all I saw was another 'doom' single player type game that wasn't very special. So I wasn't interested. No doubt those that enjoy the game have their reasons, but it just didn't stick out ahead of anything else.

No press, no RL stuff, no demo, you get what you pay for. You can't expect to always be happy with every game you get.

Not saying its a bad game, I've not played it, you just have to be smarter, maybe more patient or tolerant, just look at the last games and movies of the series.

Edited by Xoza

People -wanted- one thing, but because Sega wanted to keep everyone in the dark about the development of the game, those same people got something completely different. I went in thinking ACTION ALIEN SHOOTER PEW PEW and walked away happy.

EDIT: Worth noting, there's a mod for A:CM on moddb.com right now to put the game in DX10. Fixes the lighting BIG TIME and makes the game a thousand times more impressive graphically.

Edited by Caleb