Clicky

Aryte

Business (ALCON Version)

Cross posted this from the officer area, just so you are all in the loop!

As we steadily edge away from the last days of February, so comes the time in which we need to take the moment to assess where we stand and how we wish to carry forth in the coming month. The last month has been a good opportunity to really just shake off the fugue of disillusion that Second Life so granted, but it also provided a chance to garner an understanding as to the major differences that present themselves for a multi-chapter community. We have a lot to learn, a lot to experience, and a lot of stumbling to do before we will acquire a sense of might comparative to what we previously held in our own little corner of the world.

To begin, we must essentially hit the reset button and stop viewing interactions through the lenses we have built up. Our rationality is so woefully bound by years and years of habit. Along with this reset comes the necessity to bury old hatches and agree to disagree: there is nothing so dire, nor so worthy of our attention that should captivate this officer corps to a point of dysfunction. We can work out anything diplomatically, as adults, and arrive at a better standing. Alone, here, none of us are experts. Together, however, we have a working knowledge and diverse skill sets that will empower us to make strides.

There is this great fear that seems to linger in the background; a desire to, at all costs, avoid making whatever journey we seek into another overburdening soul sucking job. This is something I understand and share in sentiment. To be sure, I have enjoyed the freedom that comes from vacating the SLMC without exception. It is a breath of fresh air and has given me the chance to do things I have wished to for a long long time. For example: take a vacation without worrying about logging on every day to check on what fire has started.

However. We need to be sober and realize while we want to avoid making this into a "burden," there will be work involved. Nothing is going to simply build itself. If you want to see a new, grand Ordo, then you must realize there is no having one's cake and eating it. This is truly a group effort now. No one person will be able to bear the weight of the collective. So it comes down to mindset: it is not a burden if you are working toward the goal of achieving great things while enjoying the game you're on. It is a burden if you're playing a game simply because you have to be on it. 

What does that mean? Devote your efforts to the game you are interested in. Make the Ordo a worthy name on that game. And when you're tired of that game, transition it into the hands of someone worthy of carrying that banner and move on to another. This creates flexibility, the ability to move around, and a legacy over multiple platforms. You need not feel tied down to any single platform, so as long as there is some vestige of infrastructure present. 

In the coming days, there are several tasks to approach before we start battening down the hatches and trudge forward:

Trim the roster on the Ordo to reflect our standing pool.

Evaluate ranks and adjust accordingly to fit into proposed revisions. 

Come to a consensus (involve the enlistees) as to what "style" of group we want to be:

"Professional" or "casual?"

What goals do we want to set?

What achievements?

What flagship games?

I will leave you with that for now. I will get a list of existing officers up in the near future and start querying on what duties individual's are interested in pursuing. 

Thank you!

I'm not an officer, but concerning the trimming of the roster and the evaluation of ranks. I feel care should be taken for personnel that have neither the equipment and/or means to participate in the current list of platforms along with personnel that have been inactive (and have posted the inactivity appropriately). Just an opinion, take it for what it is worth.

I'm not an officer, but concerning the trimming of the roster and the evaluation of ranks. I feel care should be taken for personnel that have neither the equipment and/or means to participate in the current list of platforms along with personnel that have been inactive (and have posted the inactivity appropriately). Just an opinion, take it for what it is worth.

Clarification: billets for officers.

We're talking mostly specific In Game Rosters, Not Ordo Community Roster.

Lets take Planetside 2 as an early example. We cut almost 1/3 of the group of Cadet level people who have not logged in the game this calendar year. We have left those who are full Ordo stay on for the time being. Most of these people are people who logged on, managed to get picked up by us, then decided that the game was not for them and left with less than 6 hours of game play. Others played for a bit then ran off to the next shiny game that poped up.

if you get cut from an In game roster, It's not biggie, You're still Ordo! When you're able or ready to start playing again, Hop into the TS3 Channel and get a reinvite. You do not have to go through recruitment or any of that other stuff again as you've already passed that if you're holding Community 'Citizenship' for lack of a better word.

--

Adjusting Ranks / Billets and such:

Ordo Community Rank =/= In Game Rank.

Job/position = In Game Rank

Clarification: billets for officers.

We're talking mostly specific In Game Rosters, Not Ordo Community Roster.

Lets take Planetside 2 as an early example. We cut almost 1/3 of the group of Cadet level people who have not logged in the game this calendar year. We have left those who are full Ordo stay on for the time being. Most of these people are people who logged on, managed to get picked up by us, then decided that the game was not for them and left with less than 6 hours of game play. Others played for a bit then ran off to the next shiny game that poped up.

if you get cut from an In game roster, It's not biggie, You're still Ordo! When you're able or ready to start playing again, Hop into the TS3 Channel and get a reinvite. You do not have to go through recruitment or any of that other stuff again as you've already passed that if you're holding Community 'Citizenship' for lack of a better word.

--

Adjusting Ranks / Billets and such:

Ordo Community Rank =/= In Game Rank.

Job/position = In Game Rank

Copy that.