Clicky

Flash + Scout Radar
(UPDATE: radar is no longer active when not in use.)

FlashRadar_zps8504f90e.png

(Flash With attached Scout Radar System)

The Scout Radar system on the flash is possibly one of the most useful tools for small group and solo work. I use it a lot for late night base capping, and for solo/small group capping territory on the fringe away from the main zerg.

The Scout Radar system is unique in the fact that it sends the detection information to all friendly units in the area, even while the flash is left sitting someplace and unmanned. IMO It is something that Everyone should have at least 1 point put into and equiped at all times when not using the Wraith system.

---

691e82c5-1d4e-4fcd-afc2-2f11304fab4a_zps
(Equipment selection screen - Flash - Utility)

Detection Range Starts at 25 Meters. Tiers are 25, 50, 75, and 100 Meters.
Cert cost starts at 50, then increases to 100, 200, and tops at 500 for Tier 4.

It uses the Utility slot on the Flash, the same that the smoke, Turbo, Fire Suppression, and the Cloaking device uses.

---

Tactics.

I typically Place the Flash between myself and the most probable direction the enemy is likely to come from. Most times that is the spawn room. I look for a spot that hostiles are likely to overlook or not go in their quest to try and clear me from their cap point. Since the flash is small, it will fit in buildings, and sometimes, that's a good place to stash it in behind some boxes. It mostly is a matter of the area you're working in that will determine where you place your Flash.

For this example, I used North Grove Post on Amerish as It was the place I most recently used this tactic.

4b0c1ad1-7146-45e2-a69a-ebd39758a5d2_zps

The Spawn is the building to the North

FlashRadarPlacement1_zps6878ac65.png

Placement of the Flash

FlashRadarConceilment_zps06359447.png

Flash is hidden by the box on one side, and obscured by the bush on the other. Hostiles are likely to miss seeing it from both sides of the building heading towards the cap point.

With a Single point put into the Radar system, You get 25 Meters Radius (50M Diameter, 1936.5 square Meters, 65449.8 Cubic Meters!) You get a nice early warning and direction system for you and anyone around you. Here's an example of where hostiles will start showing up on your minimap from where I placed the Flash. Note the waypoint range on the screenshots.

FlashRadar25mRight_zps8037139c.png

^^ Going through the building to attack the from the west Side

FlashRadar25mLeft_zpsce41e4f7.png

^^ Going along the east Edge with a possible route of entering the south east of the capture building.

Now I have 2 points put into the radar right now, so I have 50 meters to work with. That will cover the whole building that the Flash is parked next to, as well as all the way back to the cap point itself.

FlashRadar50m_zps7f7bd2c2.png

Now, If you had max points put into the Radar, the range would probably cover the whole base, letting you know exactly where the hostiles are, how many, and where they're moving, and you'll know exactly where to go to ambush them before they get you.

If you are running in a group, You can add a second or third flash and form a sensor net that can cover more ground!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.